KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Pirates of the caribbean 2? What a disappointment!

Pirates of the caribbean 2? What a disappointment!
Started by: aniron

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nanami_XIV

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LovelyOne
Kate..a chav is the lower class scum of Britain..they are the shit on the shoe of life..laughing out loud

Hate to be mean to my fav. character, but isn't that what Norri is?
*Hugs James* SORRY James!*

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 07:07 PM
Nanami_XIV is currently offline Click here to Send Nanami_XIV a Private Message Find more posts by Nanami_XIV Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aniron

A chav wears track suits and break into cars and think it's fun. Then when they get caught they act like a victim of society. Have you ever seen little britain? Vicky Pollard is an example! The best- I love Matt lucas.

Everyone seems to know what is going on in film three. How do I find out?
I'm glad ppl are understanding what I mean with my comments.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 07:44 PM
aniron is currently offline Click here to Send aniron a Private Message Find more posts by aniron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aniron

p.s Norrington is just a goon, a kiss ass. and yet I still think he's great. strange!!!1

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 07:45 PM
aniron is currently offline Click here to Send aniron a Private Message Find more posts by aniron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nanami_XIV

JAMES IS NOT A GOON! *goes back to Norri thread*

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 07:48 PM
Nanami_XIV is currently offline Click here to Send Nanami_XIV a Private Message Find more posts by Nanami_XIV Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Oomny
Promising Tomorrows

i have to disagree..the second was pretty amazing..sure a little less dramatic and a lot more comedic which might have made you hate it..but i liked it

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 08:14 PM
Oomny is currently offline Click here to Send Oomny a Private Message Find more posts by Oomny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aniron

Norrington is the good kind of goon!!!!

I thought there was less comedy. It was far less witty more slapstick american humour rathar than ironic, sarcastic, clever humour.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 08:20 PM
aniron

p.s I can't start anymore threads today so Im going to ask randomly, did anyone watch this years british Big Brother? V important news if you did!!!!!!!!!!1

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 08:21 PM
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

Originally posted by aniron
p.s I can't start anymore threads today so Im going to ask randomly, did anyone watch this years british Big Brother? V important news if you did!!!!!!!!!!1
why?

Norrie+Sailor= Happiness !bunny
Banner by Sailorleo *me*

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 08:22 PM
sailorleo is currently offline Click here to Send sailorleo a Private Message Find more posts by sailorleo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nanami_XIV

Norrington is the good kind of goon!!!!

I thought there was less comedy. It was far less witty more slapstick american humour rathar than ironic, sarcastic, clever humour.

Being American I take that as an insult.

But the movie was supposed to be more serious.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 08:23 PM
aniron

no way Americans aren't stupid it's just an expression I meant absoloutly no offence-geez everyone has grown touchy. I have a great friend whos american!!!!!

to sailorleo-- Did you see it?

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 08:25 PM
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

i live in AMERICA, but what's the news?

Norrie+Sailor= Happiness !bunny
Banner by Sailorleo *me*

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 08:26 PM
sailorleo is currently offline Click here to Send sailorleo a Private Message Find more posts by sailorleo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

Don't get me wrong I'm not a POTC hater it was just a bit cheap and rushed in the build that's all. The first one was better and was originally made for children why the sudden and random change? The jack/liz aspect was REALLY cheap and a chav plot line. it was funny that he thought he had a chance and by actually giving him one has ripped another layer of humour away. The second is a different film and the first one may as well not exist.

I'M GONNA HAVE TO DISAGREE WITH EVERYTHING THAT YOU SAID, i ACTUALLY LIKED THE 2ND ONE BETTER THAT THE 1ST ONE. THE 1 BILLION CAN SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 08:27 PM
Mistypirate is currently offline Click here to Send Mistypirate a Private Message Find more posts by Mistypirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aniron

forget the one billion. just put it as one billion and a lot of people being dissappointed like me, and some very confused kids lol!

about BB it's not really news, more of a claim to fame!!! I need someone to have seen it but basically I know the runner up of this years BB and he is getting really famous and I'm just proud of him.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 08:32 PM
Nanami_XIV

This movie isn't meant for little kids!

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 08:35 PM
aniron

The first film was. It was a disney film for the younger generation which also enabled to older generation to enjoy it to. Then it became hollywood-ized. I can't help it. I see the truth!!!! smokin'

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 08:42 PM
LovelyOne

yesh..whats the news?

ohh you know glyn?? awesome

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 08:43 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Oomny
Promising Tomorrows

The first film was. It was a disney film for the younger generation which also enabled to older generation to enjoy it to. Then it became hollywood-ized. I can't help it. I see the truth!!!! smokin'

no..you see what you want to see..

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 08:53 PM
Oomny is currently offline Click here to Send Oomny a Private Message Find more posts by Oomny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aniron

....which is the truth! smokin'

Ye I know glyn. he was in my english class, I microwaved his dinners cos he didn't know how to use it. and I have his phone number. he's a great guy but bit of a joskin. great tho!

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 09:07 PM
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

Re: Pirates of the caribbean 2? What a disappointment!

I loved the first pirates and johnny depp is the best actor in the world so don't get me wrong.
I was so unhappy with the 2nd POTC! It was no longer a film for younger people that adults can enjoy too. It was to long and didn't even finish. I wanted there to be three completely different adventures.

It was very hollywood-ized. Jack sparrow is meant to be a smelly, rotting, BO covered lice infested decaying pirate so there would be no way Elizabeth should have kissed him, they should have thought of something else, she was meant to be a strong heroine but only showed girls that sexual innendos are the only way to get what you want. This meant that to me the mask of characters were lost in that moment.
The humour was all wrong too. They only tried to revive used jokes from the first film, and filled in the blanks with the random cannibal sequence which lost all the verbal wit I was expecting.

The story was far to complex too and I found it difficult to follow so imagine a five year old trying to watch it!
There are lots of other factors that made me leave the cinema totally unsatisfied.
The SFX took over! When Davvy Jones' boat dived under the waves it looked amazing and Gore Verbinski could have elaborated on that wonderfully, but it was only a brief moment swept aside by giant tenticals.

The only thing that made me smile was the fact that Barbossa is back AND he got to eat an apple!

Does anyone agree?????????

p.s Hello to those of you who remember me from last year if you're still here! Hello to ppl I don't know! xx smokin'

Sorry Love couldnt disagree more!! I personally loved both movies!! and sooo far they've been 2 different adventures, 2 different styles of movies which both seemed to work (still dont see a wrong) and the Jack/Liz aspect ya-3 words- BILLION DOLLAR CLUB!!! these movies are amazing!!

"Jack sparrow is meant to be a smelly, rotting, BO covered lice infested decaying pirate so there would be no way Elizabeth should have kissed him," So Jack Sparrow is all of that(^^) to u...ok cause the Jack Sparrow i see is this amazingly HOT PIRATE....whom any GIRL whould have made out with! ask anyone what they remember most about the movie....and u'll see that most answers will be the KISS BETWEEN JACK/LIZ!!!! Who doesn't love a good love triangle in a movie? it's what makes movies great!!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 10:34 PM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

forget the one billion. just put it as one billion and a lot of people being dissappointed like me, and some very confused kids lol!

about BB it's not really news, more of a claim to fame!!! I need someone to have seen it but basically I know the runner up of this years BB and he is getting really famous and I'm just proud of him.

There are only like what 3 or 4 movies in the BILLION DOLLAR CLUB (and thats including POTC 2)...ya i think thats a really big deal!!!! speaks for itself!!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 10:43 PM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote