KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Pirates of the caribbean 2? What a disappointment!

Pirates of the caribbean 2? What a disappointment!
Started by: aniron

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nanami_XIV

yup.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 10:51 PM
Nanami_XIV is currently offline Click here to Send Nanami_XIV a Private Message Find more posts by Nanami_XIV Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

in some ways I agree...if iff if the spoilers and leaked scripts coming out about AWE are true..then, yes, POTC 2 was a big disappointment..if they meant to make LIza and Jack fall in love -as all the clues and symbolisms indicated - then it was brillant....but if it was just to add a sense of maturity to a Will/Liz love story..then it stank, big time. It is really riduculous...all the underlying clues was nothing...it's the worst movie ever. They should have just stayed at POTC and left well enough alone...unless they would have just left things stay...don't put in the Liz/Jack stuff....

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 12:04 AM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

I agree with you^

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 12:07 AM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

jack is no smelly, nasty pirate...and i know of no one except you (the one who started this thread) that thinks that....everyone I talked to after POTC 1 was in love with him and thought he and Elizabeth were going to get together at certain points.....it can still be a movie for children and have it turn into a Jack Liz Love story.....

however, since that doesn't seem to be the case...then yes it is a big disappointment....disappointing that they spent all this money, put in all these clues and symbolisms...just to go back to where they started .....Liz alone and dreaming about a Pirate Life, Will a blacksmith hating Pirates - practicing with swords three hours a day...and Jack being a victim of mutiny and sailing in on a sinking ship, all alone, and Norrington looking once again like a stuffy Ice Cream Cone...I HATE THIS TRILOGY

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 12:26 AM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

And by the way if it's american humor or whatever then why has the movie been #1 consecutively for 12 weeks over seas...huh? apparently everyone over there seems to be enjoying this so called american humor as u put it!!! it's doing way better over there!!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:10 AM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pirates life fo

Damn people. Unless Ted and Terry come out publically and give away the ending of the movie, then everything is speculation. Why not wait to see it before bashing it and calling it a waste of time and money. ONE person here says they have a friend who has a friend that is a ligit insider with the real script and everyone goes crazy talking about a crappy movie and 'they should have stopped with movie 1' etc.

I dont mean to bash anyone here at all. Im just saying that everyone should be open minded. Lovelyone, if you can tell me the name of this friend of a friend that claims to have a copy of the script I will tell you privately whether that person is legit or not as long as you dont post it here.

I just personally dont like people getting copies of 'leaked scripts', hating it, and passing on that script info and that hate for it. Sure opinions are fine that isnt the problem. The problem here is that everyone here believes you that its a legit script and it goes against what they would like to see happen. Its just generating hate.

Even if you were to get a copy of the real script and you didnt like how something reads, wait to see it on the screen. It might make sense.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 06:12 AM
Pirates life fo is currently offline Click here to Send Pirates life fo a Private Message Find more posts by Pirates life fo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

Thats exactly what i've been saying!!! I'm with u!! By the way how would u know by knowing the persons name if that person is a legit source!!!????? ur not T n T are u? lol!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 06:29 AM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pirates life fo

No Im not one of the writers but I think I can find out who has been on set that would be able to get a copy of the script. Lovely knows what Im talking about.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 06:31 AM
Pirates life fo is currently offline Click here to Send Pirates life fo a Private Message Find more posts by Pirates life fo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nanami_XIV

What are you talking about?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 06:33 AM
Nanami_XIV is currently offline Click here to Send Nanami_XIV a Private Message Find more posts by Nanami_XIV Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

so do u like have a connection to the movie set? is that it?

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 06:34 AM
Pirates life fo

I cant say how I would know I just would. I just think that people with any inside info, whether completely real or not, shouldnt divulge that info so negatively. When you hate what you know and pass it on to others it comes across to those others as negative. Let people make there own opinions once they see it. If they want to hate it after that then cool. It will be for there own reasons.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 06:43 AM
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

You dont have to convince me about it!! i as well as a couple of other members have been trying really hard to get ppl not to go with the negative grind....i personally want POTC3 to be even more successful than the 1st 2 movies!! I like them....and i get sad to hear ppl losing hope!!! But i've tried...i mean the movie hasnt even been finished filming yet and i think it's sad how ppl want to judge it already...when non of us have seen it in concrete, or even a trailer for that matter!!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 06:49 AM
LovelyOne

I'm not gonna say her name she might get into trouble..and it wasnt even my fault it spread here..I didnt make that thread that gave away the ending..I PMd it to one or two people people who wanted to know and it spread..so now I'm just gonna shut up.

next time I learn a spoiler people can just sod off..I'm not telling them anything...they can sit through the movie...

Next time I say I know something fellow KMCers..dont ask me shit ok?

good. I'm out!

and the other thread I posted was only a review. Since the ending was already spread I didnt think it would be THAT bad to post it..I should try and get it deleted.

I'm out of this forum man..people ask to know the ending and then they attack me..well I'm done with it sad

Last edited by LovelyOne on Oct 3rd, 2006 at 09:06 AM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 08:56 AM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aniron

people who say they think jack sparrow is hot are totally wrong. Johnny depp is hot but his characetr is meant to be a lice infested decayin.... it's not real people.

Thats what I meant by the character mask sliping away. You are not meant to see the very sexy johnny depp. you're meant to see a pirate dying of scurvy. And stop getting offended JESUS!

As for the american humour remark. American humour is slapstick. therefore I think there is to much slapstick humour rather than verbal wit. mad smokin'

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 11:51 AM
aniron is currently offline Click here to Send aniron a Private Message Find more posts by aniron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Will is a pansy boy with an elvish tattoo on his arm!..Will looks like a 12 year old boy with a fake beard stuck on his face.I think it IS a fake beard actually..he had to use a back stunt double apparenly because the whip would snap him in half if we saw his real back..jack is the MAN of the story, Will is the child..how any woman can find Will attractive in that movie..I have no idea he looks as if he's two hormones away from being female...

don't diss Jack.he's not disgusting and ugly thats only your opinion..as is mine about Will..

Jack is sexy and people know it. Ted(script writer for PotC) refers to him as the delicious WAFFLE to liz whilst Will is the boring bloated feast that no one can possibly digest in the long run because its too boring and big..

didn't Sherill crowe or what ever her name use Jack = in a video for sex appeal?

and he's not dying of scurvy..he looked NOTHING like those other pirates in pirates 1..he looked totally different..the OTHER ones were disgusting looking..they all looked really REALLY bad and Jack looked nothing like them...even in 2 pintell and raggeti look much worse than Jack.

I think Jack cares more for his health than those guys did..and Jack hasnt ALWAYS been a pirate BTW...he was once an employee of the EITC

Last edited by LovelyOne on Oct 3rd, 2006 at 12:10 PM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 12:02 PM
LovelyOne

Jack is grimy..and has "bad breath" but thats it..he is not riddled with scurvy..scurvy is a disease that affects the gums and makes them rot, turn black and the teeth fall out..jack has two gold teeth but they could have been put there before he even became a pirate after the EITC..his top teeth are perfectly white..his gums are not rotting and are not black...Some of the other pirates in the story have this though and Jack is no where NEAR as disgusting looking as them..he just looks like he needs a wash lmao..

And I guess you think that every person with dreadlocks has lice to come up with that comparison

Last edited by LovelyOne on Oct 3rd, 2006 at 12:18 PM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 12:14 PM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

I agree about not spreading around "leaked" scripts or secrets. There is just no legitimacy to any of it. Second, DMC is not a waste of money because even if Will and Liz live happily ever after, we got to see Jack and Liz kiss. It was sincere on both ends, and they will forever have a special place in their heart for the other one.
Which is why I think the writers messed up, not ruined the movie, just messed up.
Mature love can mature without bringing in temptation. If the only way they could think of to make Will and Liz's relationship to grow was have one of them basically cheat on the other, than they do not have a concept of real love or what it takes to go from puppy love to true love. It takes time, fighting, debating, discussing everything. That's why most of us love the curiosity scene so much. Jack and Liz, before they make it all about tempting each other, took the time to get to know one another and make their own educated assumptions about the other. You don't see that kind of realism in Will and Liz's story, and no matter how fantastic the epic you're thrown into, the love story portion has to be grounded in reality. Look at The Odyssey for goodness sake. Look how well matched Odysseus and Penelope are in personality, demeanor, etc and when they are together, how they actually talk about other things besides their wedding day (Will and Liz).
So the writers must be single men, or do not know how to write relationships. They do an excellent job with Jack and Liz's whether they intend for it to turn to love or not because at least these two characters seem to have more than a basic understanding of the other, and it bothers me if they think they could turn what in their minds is a friendship relationship (Jack and Liz) and turn it into an affair. That just implies
1. men and women cannot be friends and have a meaningful relationship unless they're in love
2. you have to explore while you are with your partner to deepen your relationship
3. Storybook, fairytale love outweighs any attempt at an adult relationship based on similar personality, interests, habits, proximity, and attraction.

So I am all set to see the 3rd movie just to see how they will tie all this up.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:06 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

quote: (post)
Originally posted by aniron
people who say they think jack sparrow is hot are totally wrong. Johnny depp is hot but his characetr is meant to be a lice infested decayin.... it's not real people.

Thats what I meant by the character mask sliping away. You are not meant to see the very sexy johnny depp. you're meant to see a pirate dying of scurvy. And stop getting offended JESUS!

As for the american humour remark. American humour is slapstick. therefore I think there is to much slapstick humour rather than verbal wit. mad smokin'

This is getting old....not one single person - except YOU - refers to Johnny this way as Jack Sparrow...sorry - but he looked sexy and hot from the moment he was sailing in on that sinking ship in POTC 1- if he was suppose to come across as a lice infested decaying pirate dieing of scurvy - then he failed miserably - cuz that's not what the public saw - then they should have disguised him more....cus sorry he is simply beautiful dressed up as a pirate - he is breathtakin - like when he takes off his hat and salutes the hanging skeletons in the first movie...or when he tilts that hat and smiles in the jail cell...OMG - the man is beautiful, sexy and hot - even, if not more so, as Captain Jack Sparrow - so sorry but he did not come across the way you explain him - if that's what they were trying to accomplish - then they needed someone else to play Jack Sparrow - not the gorgeous, sexy J0hnny Depp.....

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:07 PM
T.Maria
Oh, Spiffing!!

i guess everyone is entitled to their opinion...

i for one thought the movie was better than 1..and the reason i went to see it twice was because of the jack/liz chemistry...i was shocked becuase i had heard no interviews or seen any extracts or anything...so it was all brandnew to me smile

most people i know thought it was fantastic, and they thought jack/liz made sense because he was the hero of the film, and threfore the hero should 'get the girl'.

i agree they will screw it up if AWE has the ending we are all dreading...

i do take into careful consideration all of these spoilers...however, i am peacefully calm because i allow myself not to be spoiled too much smile ...therefore i know very little about what will happen...and thats fine by me because then im not driving my self into a demensia-induced state smile

I know all this ending stuff...and i thank whoever brought it over because then there are discussions galore smile ... but at the end of the say whether AWE will suck or not....its the end of the story and everyone will more or less want to see how it pans out....

also, with scripts they miss the subtle things...like how jack and liz will look at eachother....the looks on their faces that the actors will create...THOSE were the things in movie 2 i loved most...they meant moresmile

For me...aslong as i know they aknowledge that they feel for eachother, and the audience are aware of it too, then it can end however it bloody well wants to smile

its good enough for me smile

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:14 PM
T.Maria is currently offline Click here to Send T.Maria a Private Message Find more posts by T.Maria Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

You said it all. It is all about the subtleness of their relationship. The glances, the innuendo, none of it is in your face until the kiss, which is the way it should be since it's at the climax of the movie. Their relationship is slow and is based on admiration and the fact that they've just realized that they romantically want the other one is good enough for me, too.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 01:19 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote