KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Love Vs. Lust??

Love Vs. Lust??
Started by: mss_mira

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

Well of course in the Jail scene...i thought it was funny cause when Gov. Swann said something and Will responded by saying "Is that a lack of trust in Jack or in Me?" Elizabeth says "Well i have faith in you." and then quickly corrected herself and said, "In both of you!" meaning Will and JAck...i just thought it was funny cause she couldnt just give him his moment of glory she threw Jack in there too...lol!!!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 03:40 AM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

yeah lol noticed that too..its so clear liz had jack in her mind.

Tomb Raider fanfiction: Heaven's Wrath

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 04:09 AM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

of course she did!! she loves him!!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 04:19 AM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

We dont see liz saying strictly "I Love you" to will. just only said to jack "to i=find the man i love" did she say it as if trying to show jack that she went away only to find Will not jack?

anyways since liz doesnt say "i Love you" to Will, im hoping that she says I love you to jack big grin

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 04:21 AM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

ya me too....i think she said that to make JAck Jealous *wishful thinking*...lol!!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 04:33 AM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

lmao yea i think so too stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 04:43 AM
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

Oh God she wants him soooooo much....attraction like that is sooo HARD to HIDE!!! I dont even know why both LIZ/JAck even try to hide it!! I mean seriously it sooo obvious that LIZ sees JACK as her hero...i mean the way she grab onto his LEG when he came back to save them pretty much gives it away...OH JACK U CAME BACK, U ARE MY HERO, I FEEL SAFE AROUND U!! lol!! while Poor Will is probably suffering from a concusion or something after that fall he took...which she didnt even bother to check if he was even ok....lol!! POOR WILL!!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 05:02 AM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

lmao. I really do feel bad for him! I can try to cure his eunich problame stick out tongue im off to bed lool love ya all xoxo KEEP THE FAITH!

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 05:06 AM
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

Nighty Night!! The FAITH SHALL BE KEPT!!!! SPARRABETH FOREVER!!!! Wo0o0o0o0o0o00o0!!! lol!! yes hyper i know!!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 05:08 AM
mss_mira
Jack & Elizabeth <3

lol eek!

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 07:03 PM
mss_mira is currently offline Click here to Send mss_mira a Private Message Find more posts by mss_mira Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

i think the battles between liz/jack is love vs lust

the battle within liz is heart vs. brain

and the battle within Jack is freedom vs. liz

Oh yea and Will is probably Liz vs. Daddy
lol big grin just thought of that
Each of these characters face their inner battles stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 10:03 PM
LovelyOne

yeah and when she's being removed from the cell she shouts "but Will has to find JACK!"

laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 01:17 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

See, I think Liz just sees Will as someone she has to guard. She's his protector, remember, ever since they were kids. Yeah, she says she has faith in him, but that's faith that he will try his best, not that he won't need her help.
I noticed she never says "I love you" to Will, too. They did the same thing in Phantom of the Opera. Christine never says I love you to either man yet they both say it to her, and the writers did that to keep people always guessing her true feelings. That's why there will always be people who put her with the Phantom and those who put her with Raoul. Even when she makes her definitive choice, the other group makes excuses.
Which is exactly what will happen here, either way.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 04:21 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Every time she has Will safe with her she yearns for Jack becuse IMO the thing for Will is more like a protective mothers love..With Jack he protects her and she needs him in her life it seems he is the "husband" ..so if at the end she decideds to go with Will to "save him" from the dutchman's curse..she will return to Jack. IMO...its what happened at the start of DMC the middle and the end

Last edited by LovelyOne on Oct 10th, 2006 at 05:28 PM

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 05:20 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

I think the love liz feels for will is like a motherly/sister love. She loves Will but isnt in love with him. Hse only wants him safe and sound, but then runs to Jack.

And what I believe is that Jack is Liz security blanket laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 07:23 PM
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LovelyOne
Every time she has Will safe with her she yearns for Jack becuse IMO the thing for Will is more like a protective mothers love..With Jack he protects her and she needs him in her life it seems he is the "husband" ..so if at the end she decideds to go with Will to "save him" from the dutchman's curse..she will return to Jack. IMO...its what happened at the start of DMC the middle and the end

UgH....so then why did she Kill Him????? lol....im sorry 2day is just one of those days where i wish that 2morrow would be May 25th!!! lol....u know a day were u feel like u just cant take it anymore! i need help...lol!! *sighs*

But i do agree that her feelings for Will are that of a protector.....and then she turns to JACK for her OWN protection!!! (which is what we see when she holds onto Jacks leg while he shoots the barrels on the ship in the Kraken scene) she looks up to him (total symbolism)!

LOL... i just think that it's soooo funny how Will does all the Dirrty stuff (fighting, stealing etc..) all to save Liz and yet somehow Jack always walks away being the Hero to LIZ just by being there...lol!! In both movies Will sets off to find LIZ or help her in some way, inquiring the help of JACK....who somehow in the quest always ends up alone with LIZ!! While Will is off contemplating on how to help her...lol!!! LMAO...tell me that isnt hilarious!!!!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 07:32 PM
LovelyOne

EDIT - ignore this post

Last edited by LovelyOne on Oct 10th, 2006 at 07:36 PM

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 07:33 PM
LovelyOne

to save Will a lot of "hurt" by not choosing Jack over him..also to save his life from the Kraken..

but afterward when she's sitting with Will safe and sound..and she's offered the chance to forget about Jack and move on in life with Will?

she denies herself the happy ending with Will in order to return to Jack..her husband who is lost at sea (check the sig)

Last edited by LovelyOne on Oct 10th, 2006 at 07:38 PM

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 07:35 PM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

I think Liz longs for a purpose in life...she knows theres so much more beyond the uptight society, the prison as a housewife, and the corsets.

I think she sees hope with Jack..i think lol

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 08:08 PM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Not that I'm disagreeing with anyone, but I kind of resent the fact that being a housewife makes you devoid of purpose. I myself am not a housewife, but plenty of women are and they are just as important as any career woman. It's all about choices, people.
But for Liz, I don't think she would be complete with Will. She might be happy with Will, but not complete.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 09:33 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote