KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » I like will.

I like will.
Started by: aniron

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surreal_44

Attraction isn't the same as love, but at any rate....I'm attracted to Brad Pitt, but I wouldn't deem that as love. I'm attracted to Jack Davenport, I wouldn't call that love...and I'm attracted to Jessica Alba, and I definitely think that it's not love...

So that point is moot.

Mistypirate wrote:

quote:
Really I didn't catch this part, DUHH it was a boring bloody Will scene. I could have careless.

Right, which is how you end up missing Will and Elizabeth moments and symbolism. It's right under you nose and you miss it because you dismiss it right off, instead of analising it like you do with everything else. smile

mmoviemagic:

The video was interesting. I still don't believe J/E will end up together, but as you said, I'm willing to be proven wrong. My happiness doesn't hinge on it, after all. I just like to argue with people. big grin

Old Post Oct 25th, 2006 07:55 PM
Surreal_44 is currently offline Click here to Send Surreal_44 a Private Message Find more posts by Surreal_44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mmoviejunkie
willywanka?johnny wanker!

lol, same-

and i wasn't trying to change your mind or anything...since this is the will thread i just wanted to show you can still like will

what scene was misty talking about?

Old Post Oct 25th, 2006 09:29 PM
mmoviejunkie is currently offline Click here to Send mmoviejunkie a Private Message Find more posts by mmoviejunkie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surreal_44

The scene where Will is on the Edinburgh Trader and he sees Elizabeth's dress. He asks them where they found it and picks it up. Then he lifts it slightly, takes in a breath, catching her scent, and a small smile lights up his face, because he's thinking of her.

It's a small moment, but just so utterly lovely that made me adore Will more than I already do. I think it was a wonderful bit of imagery to put into the movie.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2006 10:05 PM
Surreal_44 is currently offline Click here to Send Surreal_44 a Private Message Find more posts by Surreal_44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surreal_44
Attraction isn't the same as love, but at any rate....I'm attracted to Brad Pitt, but I wouldn't deem that as love. I'm attracted to Jack Davenport, I wouldn't call that love...and I'm attracted to Jessica Alba, and I definitely think that it's not love...

So that point is moot.

Mistypirate wrote:

Right, which is how you end up missing Will and Elizabeth moments and symbolism. It's right under you nose and you miss it because you dismiss it right off, instead of analising it like you do with everything else. smile

mmoviemagic:

The video was interesting. I still don't believe J/E will end up together, but as you said, I'm willing to be proven wrong. My happiness doesn't hinge on it, after all. I just like to argue with people. big grin
hmm...well im attracted to and LOVE Jack Davenport! embarrasment stick out tongue

Norrie+Sailor= Happiness !bunny
Banner by Sailorleo *me*

Old Post Oct 25th, 2006 10:08 PM
sailorleo is currently offline Click here to Send sailorleo a Private Message Find more posts by sailorleo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aniron

First of all, I'm not a W/E shipper.

Second of all, I can see J/E chemistry. I just don't think it's anything more than an attraction that will fizzle out because it's not love. *shrug*

There's plenty to see of W/E, but I'm almost tired of trying to talk about it because you'll ignore the signs, or more than likely, somehow change the meaning of the scene by finding some deep, deep teeny tiny detail to make it a J/E moment, even if it means glossing over the rest of the scene, past history, or comments from the writers.

A lot of J/E arguments are interesting and fun to read, but they aren't founded with anything more than what seems like futile hopes and wishes. The surface of DMC screams J/E, when the deeper bits of the movie are really more W/E. Just look, you'll see.

At any rate, one of my favorite little details in DMC is when Will picks up Elizabeth's dress on the ship and breathes in her scent, and that little smile of his crosses his lips. I think that is adorable, and it shows how much he cares for and misses Elizabeth.

FINALLY SOMEONE TALKING SENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Apart from the sniffing thing. That should be cut unless he's smelling her scent so he can catch up and brutally kill her! THANK GOD FOR SENSE. *IMPLODES WITH SATISFACTION AND RELIEF*

Old Post Oct 25th, 2006 10:20 PM
aniron is currently offline Click here to Send aniron a Private Message Find more posts by aniron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aniron

Originally posted by LovelyOne
May I call you keira? keira? stick out tongue

Are you meant to be clling me keira? I don't get it!

The only connection i have with that evil plank is my frined is at uni and mates with one of her ex school mates who lives where she does! she don't like her though cos ever since she got into the bill it all went to her head and has ignored everyone since getting randomly famous! that link is to close for me!

Old Post Oct 25th, 2006 10:25 PM
aniron is currently offline Click here to Send aniron a Private Message Find more posts by aniron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surreal_44

Don't get too excited, aniron. wink

I'm no W/E shipper, but I see them as the couple ending up together. Rather sure of it, gut instinct and all that. big grin

Old Post Oct 25th, 2006 10:38 PM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

I think you WANT to see them together. WE see liz/jack together bc its according to the patterns we see. Its not make belief.

Tomb Raider fanfiction: Heaven's Wrath

Old Post Oct 26th, 2006 12:19 AM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mmoviejunkie
willywanka?johnny wanker!

The scene where Will is on the Edinburgh Trader and he sees Elizabeth's dress. He asks them where they found it and picks it up. Then he lifts it slightly, takes in a breath, catching her scent, and a small smile lights up his face, because he's thinking of her.

It's a small moment, but just so utterly lovely that made me adore Will more than I already do. I think it was a wonderful bit of imagery to put into the movie.

oh, well i have no doubt that will loves liz, i just dont think that liz loves will

Originally posted by sailorleo
hmm...well im attracted to and LOVE Jack Davenport! embarrasment stick out tongue

lol, and i'm attracted to and LOVE johnny depp!

Old Post Oct 26th, 2006 01:15 AM
mmoviejunkie is currently offline Click here to Send mmoviejunkie a Private Message Find more posts by mmoviejunkie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-savvychick-

arent we all though?

www.myspace.com/deesse_de_lune
come on now...don't be shy! add me!

Old Post Oct 26th, 2006 01:27 AM
-savvychick- is currently offline Click here to Send -savvychick- a Private Message Find more posts by -savvychick- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

true..

Tomb Raider fanfiction: Heaven's Wrath

Old Post Oct 26th, 2006 01:28 AM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

Originally posted by mmoviejunkie
oh, well i have no doubt that will loves liz, i just dont think that liz loves will

lol, and i'm attracted to and LOVE johnny depp!

I think that Liz loves Will, but she is not in love with him. I don't think that she feels that kind of love that one would feel towards a man or a woman.

Oh and Surreal I wasn't talking about being attracted to an actor, that would be an impossible love. I'm talking about a real relationship, about the one were you meet a man/woman you feel attracted towards that person, get to know each other in every sense of the word, a bond is created you fall in love and big grin thats were that kind of love is born. And I believe that a person can be attracted and be in love at the same time. If the attraction and passion ends the relationship will end as well.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 10:40 PM
Mistypirate is currently offline Click here to Send Mistypirate a Private Message Find more posts by Mistypirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surreal_44

Since TnT are the original W/E shippers, I don't think that they will just end the series without them together.

Misty:

I didn't mention attraction to an actor at all in this thread. big grin A couple of people brought up the point that they are both attracted and love actors, although I'm not even sure that would be the right word for it.

But I do not believe that attraction and love are the same thing. I'm attracted to my friend's brothers...but I'm not in love with them. I'm attracted to Jack Davenport, and I'm not in love with him either. I was attracted to one of the guys I dated, but I wasn't in love with him either.

There's more to love than attraction, although they do usually go together. What I'm saying is that Jack and Elizabeth are attracted to each other, but they aren't in love.

And yes, Elizabeth is in love with Will. You don't just leave someone to die because you feel sorry for someone and want to protect them.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 11:16 PM
LovelyOne

she loves will like a son or a brother it seems. She is desperate to protect him al lthe time. That is all I gather from DMC and Will/Liz^^

Last edited by LovelyOne on Oct 27th, 2006 at 11:26 PM

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 11:20 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptinJackLover

she didnt really leave Will....sure they wre going to get married but thats just because he was the only man she could see herslef marrying at the time and there was "soemhitng else" she wanted....she was so ready to be married...but not specifically to WILL....she hadnt had enough time to realize that she didnt love Will the way she THOUGHT she did....and yes attraction doenst mean love but you should have attraction if you love a person...Will and Liz have NONE! Jack and Liz have all of the attraction iun the WORLD and ARE IN LOVE!Liz just loves Will like a best friend...and she didnt realize that till she met Jack and got to see what kind of person he was

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 11:24 PM
CaptinJackLover is currently offline Click here to Send CaptinJackLover a Private Message Find more posts by CaptinJackLover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

for there to be love, first you need attraction

edit - moved here:

and its not just a physical attraction to Jack..you just choose to ignore things dont you surreal44? Ted said its not pointing to him for a sexual reason and its not pointing there because she wants to be a pirate so why else is it pointing at him?

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 11:25 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptinJackLover

yepp! exactly! if there isnt any attraction there cant be ,love....

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 11:27 PM
CaptinJackLover is currently offline Click here to Send CaptinJackLover a Private Message Find more posts by CaptinJackLover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

and you can clearly see that her sexual attraction to him and her deeper feelings for him cause two significantly different emotions when she realises them on screen.

they are two different things. I think in AWE the sexual feelings will be gone..but those deeper feelings are gonna still be there for sure.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Oct 27th, 2006 at 11:40 PM

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 11:29 PM
CaptinJackLover

yepp! Liz feels no attraction towards Will..only to Jack! Liz is herslef with Jack and nothing with Will...and thats that!

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 11:31 PM
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

Originally posted by LovelyOne
and you can clearly see that her sexual attraction to him and her deeper feelings for him cause two significantly different emotions when she realises them on screen.

they are two different things. I think in AWE the sexual feelings will be gone..but those deeper feelings are gonna still be there for sure.

I totally agree w/ you attraction and love are two different things, but one leads to the other. She may not feel that attraction that she had in dmc. But she sure will have deeper feelings towards him in AWE. I mean thats how all true relationships start. Surreal ask anyone to see what they'll tell you.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 11:52 PM
Mistypirate is currently offline Click here to Send Mistypirate a Private Message Find more posts by Mistypirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote