KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Understanding Jack/Liz on screen

Understanding Jack/Liz on screen
Started by: LovelyOne

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by T.Maria
i like this theory smile

actions ALWAYS speak louder than words, and we all know that subtley is usually what writers try to attempt when they are trying to create a relationship.

Im gonna be completley honest guys;

i love the way the writers are doing this triangle...it has everyone up in arms, it has everyone almost argung about who liz should end up with..and ultimately it STILL has everyone guessing

this is the beauty of it for me;
the best love is always the one that you should not have...its the tough one but the passion makes it worth while at the end of the day...its the forbidden love that makes it all the more tempting just by having a taste of it...and its the kind of love that will keep you on your toes at every stage ... its real love.

But we ALL know we are going to get the denial ALL the way through the 3rd movie from elizabeth...because THAT adds extra tension...but that doesnt mean to say she is not going to respond to anything jack says or does...

IMO when jack trades elizabeth in AWE i think we're going to get a 'look' from her that they would maybe not have added into the final script...a 'look' that will show confusion and hurt...a 'look' that will confuse the audience...and THAT is what the writers want.

The writers are sitting on a gold mine here, and they know EXACTLY what needs to be added, and what doesnt to keep the fans seeing the movie. If they want a 4th movie then it rests on J/E to make it happen because THEY are the relationship seller....

So J/E dont get a kiss in AWE...but i'm betting they get so much more....

Exactly the writers are smart, and they know what they are doing. They know where the money is.
I'm actually expecting denial from Liz's side that is. I would make it more interesting to watch.Oh and I couldn't agree more on your theory of real love.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 09:41 PM
Mistypirate is currently offline Click here to Send Mistypirate a Private Message Find more posts by Mistypirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.Maria
Oh, Spiffing!!

thaks mistypiratesmile

I think we all agree that its jack/liz who are constantly giving eachother home truths...they see something within eachother that they both acknowledge and understand.

elizabeth does not interract with will like she does with jack..its all sugar coated with will, which again emphasises the 'puppy love' ... whereas its all tough and gritty and hard hitting with jack...which is the 'tough love' aspect of it.

ive said before that Elizabeth and jack seek eachother out because they both want their own taste of freedom;

Elizabeth wants to be free from societies expectations and the expectations put upon her, as is seen when jack rips off her corset in POTC1...he frees her as soon as she sees him....he is her freedom.

Jack wants to be free of his facade...the constant battle he has with himself day after day...whether to do the right thing...whether to do the 'pirate' thing...Elizabeth helps him to free himself...she tells him he is a good man...and the acknowledgement ffrom her was all he needed to face the beastie...

At the end of DMC both characters got their freedom...

Elizabeth became free by doing the 'pirate' thing..
Jack became free by being a 'good man'...

they both wanted this as a form of escaping the lives they live, and wanting to know what it was like to live the others life...it was curiosity that brought them together at the end of DMC....

So when all is said and done, the characters balance their relationship out;

when one of them is at one end of the spectrum; the pirate end

the other is at the opposite end; doing the good/right/expected end

...so they balance eachother out beautifully either way smile

Sorry that was long and probably didnt make any sense...hehe smile

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 09:58 PM
T.Maria is currently offline Click here to Send T.Maria a Private Message Find more posts by T.Maria Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

oh of course it made sense!

Norrie+Sailor= Happiness !bunny
Banner by Sailorleo *me*

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 10:10 PM
sailorleo is currently offline Click here to Send sailorleo a Private Message Find more posts by sailorleo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

Totally agree w/ T.Maria but, I think that Liz's character is gonna have to work more her ways. Although she is gradually changing, but she is gonna have to put a little bit of effort on her part in order for her to be completely free and happy. J/L are completely different but yet completely alike. And thats what makes these characters so interesting to watch.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 10:13 PM
Mistypirate is currently offline Click here to Send Mistypirate a Private Message Find more posts by Mistypirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by T.Maria
thaks mistypiratesmile

I think we all agree that its jack/liz who are constantly giving eachother home truths...they see something within eachother that they both acknowledge and understand.

elizabeth does not interract with will like she does with jack..its all sugar coated with will, which again emphasises the 'puppy love' ... whereas its all tough and gritty and hard hitting with jack...which is the 'tough love' aspect of it.

ive said before that Elizabeth and jack seek eachother out because they both want their own taste of freedom;

Elizabeth wants to be free from societies expectations and the expectations put upon her, as is seen when jack rips off her corset in POTC1...he frees her as soon as she sees him....he is her freedom.

Jack wants to be free of his facade...the constant battle he has with himself day after day...whether to do the right thing...whether to do the 'pirate' thing...Elizabeth helps him to free himself...she tells him he is a good man...and the acknowledgement ffrom her was all he needed to face the beastie...

At the end of DMC both characters got their freedom...

Elizabeth became free by doing the 'pirate' thing..
Jack became free by being a 'good man'...

they both wanted this as a form of escaping the lives they live, and wanting to know what it was like to live the others life...it was curiosity that brought them together at the end of DMC....

So when all is said and done, the characters balance their relationship out;

when one of them is at one end of the spectrum; the pirate end

the other is at the opposite end; doing the good/right/expected end

...so they balance eachother out beautifully either way smile

Sorry that was long and probably didnt make any sense...hehe smile

what r u kidding me...seriously u should like write for them...or be a pro critic or something.....i loved this post it makes sooooo much sense!!! Its sooo true they do balance each other....opposites attract!!!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 10:17 PM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

I agree, misty. She will have to put forth a little more effort. She's not really changing for Jack the way he is for her. It's obvious she's always had that devilish side whereas he's had to fine-tune his good side.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 10:17 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.Maria
Oh, Spiffing!!

yeah i agree that elizabeth has to change....but if they changed to suite eachother completely then their tension willnot drive us as crazy as it does now! big grin

It would end up like will/liz ... and if they truly wanted to give us a liz/lack ending they will do it at the VERY end...if they go ahead and do POTC 4 (possibly 5 or 6) ...they will leave us completely suspended until the very end...becuse their tension and sexual chemistry is what draws our shippery hearts to themsmile

people get bored when they've 'been there done that', like with the liz/will thing...people wanted something new and BOY did we get it! So the writers wont do it...they'll wait and wait and wait....their money comes from the tension between the characters!smile

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 10:25 PM
T.Maria is currently offline Click here to Send T.Maria a Private Message Find more posts by T.Maria Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Not really, because Liz and Jack are mischief makers. Working to make a relationship last is just as entertaining to watch as the great sexual banter that comes during falling in love. As a model, look at Han and Leia in Star Wars. Empire Strikes Back was all about playful banter and sexual tension full of chemistry with a climax as hot as the kiss scene in DMC. But it didn't lose people's interest in Return of the Jedi. Now Han had doubts if he could keep her or if he'd lose her to Luke and Leia had a whole mess of problems with her family in addition to becoming Jabba the Hutt's *****.
If the people are dynamic, the relationship will be. Will and Liz? not dynamic.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 10:28 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

I think if they decide to make movies 4,5,6 they are going to leave our much desire J/L ending for the end. All the chemistry and sexual tension between them, is whats gonna keep drawing everybody to see the movies. So, if they decide to make the sequels, I believe thats the way the writers are going to play with the characters in order to draw more $$$ and audiences. I wouldn't want to see their relationship to develop easily, I believe it can end up like the W/E relationship. I don't know if anyone has heard a saying that says,"what begins fast, it will end fast". So I wouldn't want this to happen to J/L. I would like to see some kind of conflict in their relationship, knowing that they both want to be with each-other, but there are circumstances that are making it impossible.
And then at the end, the conflicts between them are resolve and we have our happy ending.

confused

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 10:45 PM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

well i think this is a romance that u dont regurly see in much disney. It shows more like the "hard to get" kind of thing. Its like a love/hate relationship which makes it more hot and sparks.

Tomb Raider fanfiction: Heaven's Wrath

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 03:31 PM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Yeah, I agree. They've come a long way from the boring love-at-first-sight deal where it takes the characters all of 10 seconds to fall deeply in love.

Not since Simba and Nala, I don't think, has there been a Disney couple that wasn't immediately attracted to each other. They started as just friends, no crush, nothing. To me, that's more realistic than Ariel seeing Eric briefly and deciding she'd give up everything she had for him.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 09:10 PM
LovelyOne

AYEE LION KING!! and I love how she falls for the rogue simba laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 09:12 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

Oh yea! im glad u poted that willo. We can use all the patterns we need form other disney movies.

Tomb Raider fanfiction: Heaven's Wrath

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 09:30 PM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote