KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Gen vs. Gouki

Gen. Vs. Gouki
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Gouki "Messatsu....." 5 62.50%
Gen "Zan-ei shadow fist!" 0 0%
don't give a rat's ass 0 0%
M.A.D. (Mutually assured destruction) 3 37.50%
Total: 8 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gen vs. Gouki
Started by: TricksterPriest

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DiffidentAngel
Little old me

shucks sorry captian serious no expression

i'm through with this thread anyway i'v said what i think so erm

and i'm merly pointing out in the games Gouki is miles better than Gen, i mean if you can't beat them in the game they originate from what they good for? (this is my vs my friends and we're all of similar skill)

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 12:49 AM
DiffidentAngel is currently offline Click here to Send DiffidentAngel a Private Message Find more posts by DiffidentAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Ashtar, when you said the zan-ei didn't work on Gouki, couldn't that have been due to his weakness and leukemia? And in terms of experience, you have to give that to Gen as Ashtar said. Gen is over 80 at least and still in very good health. Not to mention he's a master assasin in HK who kills with bare hands and has been doing so for a generation or two. And he trained Chun-li, Yang, and Yung Lee. Albeit none of them know his assasination styles. The problem is, we have no idea how much his dying and ill health from leukemia weakened him.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 12:49 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Akuma's style usually does kill with a touch... a flesh rending, bone shattering touch, but a touch none the less. What makes Gen different from akuma is thet Gen is more subtle, since he is an assasin, he has to move silently and not leave traces (other than his victims), so he moves and strikes much like a ninja, but without the weapons and without spilling blood.

Akuma on the other hand, is incredibly vicious, not caring if anyone sees his destructiive acts, and ovten leaving his victims in a squishy bloody mess on the ground.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 12:51 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DiffidentAngel
Little old me

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
The problem is, we have no idea how much his dying and ill health from leukemia weakened him.

yeah i know, thats a bummer, i mean speaking from a medical point of view he should have been weakened him to about 80-90% of his true strength, but that a normal human, we can't pretned to know how it would effect someone ass powerful

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 12:53 AM
DiffidentAngel is currently offline Click here to Send DiffidentAngel a Private Message Find more posts by DiffidentAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Is cool as gouki is, he isn't unbeatable. Capcom never made him to be unbeatable. He's lost to gouken before and he never really has easy victories. He's very very powerful storyline, and has monsterous feats, But he isn't written like a deus Ex machina. Which is why I like street fighter.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 12:53 AM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DiffidentAngel
Little old me

Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Is cool as gouki is, he isn't unbeatable. Capcom never made him to be unbeatable. He's lost to gouken before and he never really has easy victories. He's very very powerful storyline, and has monsterous feats, But he isn't written like a deus Ex machina. Which is why I like street fighter.

lol wtf is you on about What the f**k?

no he's not unbeatable, but Gen is hardly at the top of the power list is he??

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 01:00 AM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Originally posted by Kaled
lol wtf is you on about What the f**k?

no he's not unbeatable, but Gen is hardly at the top of the power list is he??

I just said he's not unbeatable, and that's what I like about gouki.
Yeah, gen is up there.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 01:02 AM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DiffidentAngel
Little old me

*check the power list* no he's not, juyst to verify, i mean the power list of all games and all therir characters, Gen is most definatly not up there

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 01:05 AM
Darkstorm Zero

No, Akuma isn't undefeatable, thats granted. He has lost and drawn some of his matches (He lost to Ryu, even though he was holding back the majority oif his power then). But he has also had many important victories, the prime examples of this is Gotetsu's death, Gouken's death, and even the toppling of Sfers greatest boss, Bison.

Now, I still beleive firmly that Akuma will win, but it will take a heck of alot more effort here. My basis is this, if he can defeat Gouken and Goutetsu, he should be able to defeat Gen.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 01:06 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Gen is being slept on, especially by you Kaled. Have you ever seen Gen and Gouki's pre-fight intro in SFA3? They each do their signature moves, zan-ei and shun goku satsu, on each other, and then start the fight. Gen, canon wise, IMO, is stronger than Oro with seals. Gen, without his illness and at full strength, who knows? He was able to go toe to toe with Gouki and survive the shun goku satsu, while dying from leukemia and coughing up blood. Gen might be able to beat M. Bison at full power with psycho drive, but then again, maybe that's too far. Of course Shin Akuma would probably murder Gen, but Shin Akuma murders everybody except God Rugal and maybe Unsealed Oro.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 01:11 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero

Now, I still beleive firmly that Akuma will win, but it will take a heck of alot more effort here. My basis is this, if he can defeat Gouken and Goutetsu, he should be able to defeat Gen.

I don't see how, when his strongest move isn't even applicable. I don't think him beating gouken and goutetsu holds any bearing here.

1) He fought gouken once before and lost, so, he has experience with his tactic.

2)Shun goku satsu is the only reason why he killed Goutetsu, and it's not applicable here.

Gen is being slept on, especially by you Kaled. Have you ever seen Gen and Gouki's pre-fight intro in SFA3? They each do their signature moves, zan-ei and shun goku satsu, on each other, and then start the fight. Gen, canon wise, IMO, is stronger than Oro with seals. Gen, without his illness and at full strength, who knows? He was able to go toe to toe with Gouki and survive the shun goku satsu, while dying from leukemia and coughing up blood. Gen might be able to beat M. Bison at full power with psycho drive, but then again, maybe that's too far. Of course Shin Akuma would probably murder Gen, but Shin Akuma murders everybody except God Rugal and maybe Unsealed Oro.

Gen is nowhere near as strong as oro, he's only a mtach for gouki in alpha. let alone alpha 3 bison.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 01:12 AM
DiffidentAngel
Little old me

i think your overestimating him if your saying to me he's at the top on the power list, i got him down as like 2/3 of the way up, but thats not so high, if you think he should be higher, you need to play some more games

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 01:14 AM
Darkstorm Zero

I'm not trying to play down Gen, and i know that the Gouken and Goutetsu fightys arrn't nessisarily admissable as evindence thet Akume would DEFEAT Gen, but Akuma has displayed the capability to defeat opponents that are stronger than he is in the past, and Gen isn't stronger then Akuma, maybe AS Strong, but not stronger.

I know that Gen nullified the Shun Goku Satsu once, but can he do it repatedly? or is Akuma forced to resort to using the other messatsu techniques? The biggest question in my mind is, are the Messatsu techniques enough? not one of them is quite as powerful as the Shun Goku Satsu, but each of them is a Death Technique none the less.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 01:17 AM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
I'm not trying to play down Gen, and i know that the Gouken and Goutetsu fightys arrn't nessisarily admissable as evindence thet Akume would DEFEAT Gen, but Akuma has displayed the capability to defeat opponents that are stronger than he is in the past, and Gen isn't stronger then Akuma, maybe AS Strong, but not stronger.

I know that Gen nullified the Shun Goku Satsu once, but can he do it repatedly? or is Akuma forced to resort to using the other messatsu techniques? The biggest question in my mind is, are the Messatsu techniques enough? not one of them is quite as powerful as the Shun Goku Satsu, but each of them is a Death Technique none the less.

Wait, we are using gouki from alpha and not his current incarnation. Because if it's current, Gouki wins with ease.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 01:20 AM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

I'll admit beating Bison with Psycho drive was too far. I do think he's up there on the power list. And I know he could beat SF2 Bison, if not SFA3 Bison. I think Shin Akuma was one of the only people who could beat that monster outright. I said Gen was as strong as SEALED ORO, not full power. I'm looking at picking the M.A.D. option. Maybe narrowly giving it to Gouki, but even if Gen loses, Gouki is probably going to limp away with severe injuries, several internal.

Darkstorm, you want to take this one? I can't think of anything to add.

Edit: I said Alpha 2 earlier. I'm well aware currently Gouki is far too strong for this be a fair fight.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 01:21 AM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Can't we just leave it as a stalemate, this is just like Gouki vs Oro.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 01:23 AM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

nah this is fun. I'm enjoying defending Gen. And we have no idea how strong Oro is. So it's not the same.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 01:27 AM
Darkstorm Zero

Agreed, as I said earlier, this was so close in the games as it is, and even closer in this debate.

so either Stalemate, or M.A.D, maybe as Priest said, slightly Gouki, but far more likely to be a Draw.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 01:27 AM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

It looks like this one is pretty much settled. And yet Gouki is winning on the polls. Oh well. Good job Darkstorm. And btw, Goutetsu either did not know the secret to stopping the shun goku satsu or he didn't try to because he died with a smile on his face from being proud of his student.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 01:34 AM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

It looks like this one is pretty much settled. And yet Gouki is winning on the polls. Oh well. Good job Darkstorm. And btw, Goutetsu either did not know the secret to stopping the shun goku satsu or he didn't try to because he died with a smile on his face from being proud of his student.

No, he got caught of gaurd while performing a messatus gouhadou.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 01:35 AM