KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » sepiroth & Cloud vs Kain & Scorpion

sepiroth & Cloud vs Kain & Scorpion
Started by: Emperor Ashtar

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mobieus hurt him because of the heart of darkness, Rasiel hurt him by ripping heart of darkness. Now, there is no heart of darkness and before fight with the Elder God Mobieus tried to use his old trick and it had no effect.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 07:19 PM
Sam Z is currently offline Click here to Send Sam Z a Private Message Find more posts by Sam Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sam Z
Mobieus hurt him because of the heart of darkness, Rasiel hurt him by ripping heart of darkness. Now, there is no heart of darkness and before fight with the Elder God Mobieus tried to use his old trick and it had no effect.

What about the fact that he ages and the seraphim lord hurt him as well, please don't nitpick.

I have a question sammo, if the heart of darkness makes him susceptible to damage. Is it possible to cast a spell or curse on him, that would make him just as susceptible like he was with the heart of darkness?

Also, why does he feed, what happens if he doesn't feed for a long time.

Last edited by Classic NES on Oct 17th, 2006 at 07:33 PM

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 07:19 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
What about the fact that he ages and the seraphim lord hurt him as well, please don't nitpick.

I have a question sammo, if the heart of darkness makes him susceptible to damage. Is it possible to cast a spell or curse on him, that would make him just as susceptible like he was with the heart of darkness?

As i said before EA, seraphim lord hurt him in previous games. Since then he became much more powerfull, in fact he wasn't immortal then i think, and was more just a vampire. We know for sure, when Kain dies, he reforms. He only dies if he gets mortal wounds, so there is no way to take him down with some other method.
The question. Heart of darkness was used to create Kain, that was the reason it was his weak spot, and that was the reason why everyone thought Rasiel killed him by ripping it off. Turned out that he doesn't even need his source of life to live. If this isn't convincing that he is immortal, then nothing is. As for casting spell, i don't know. Unless Seph recreates heart of darkness and puts it back in Kain's chest and then ripps it off again, it won't do him any good, and i doubt he is capable of that.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 07:40 PM
Sam Z is currently offline Click here to Send Sam Z a Private Message Find more posts by Sam Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Originally posted by Sam Z
As i said before EA, seraphim lord hurt him in previous games. Since then he became much more powerfull, in fact he wasn't immortal then i think, and was more just a vampire. We know for sure, when Kain dies, he reforms. He only dies if he gets mortal wounds, so there is no way to take him down with some other method.
The question. Heart of darkness was used to create Kain, that was the reason it was his weak spot, and that was the reason why everyone thought Rasiel killed him by ripping it off. Turned out that he doesn't even need his source of life to live. If this isn't convincing that he is immortal, then nothing is. As for casting spell, i don't know. Unless Seph recreates heart of darkness and puts it back in Kain's chest and then ripps it off again, it won't do him any good, and i doubt he is capable of that.

I never said he wasn't immortal, But, to what extent. If I through him into the sun, will he be fine?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 07:42 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

The sword would save him. The sword itself is Kain's protection. The sword would transport back to earth or whereever, and Kain would revive there. Ironically, the sword is the only thing that can permanently kill him.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 07:51 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

I never said he wasn't immortal, But, to what extent. If I through him into the sun, will he be fine?

What TricksterPriest said.
Also i wanna add that Kain's immortality isn't about his uniq powers, so really doesn't matter how he dies. He'll just come back because his destiny is not dieing at the sun. I know it sounds strange especially for vs forum, but it's still so.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 07:56 PM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

It's kinda ****ed up and seriously screws up any possibility of a new Legacy of Kain game, but yeah, Kain is just plain unkillable.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 08:10 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
It's kinda ****ed up and seriously screws up any possibility of a new Legacy of Kain game, but yeah, Kain is just plain unkillable.

That's not surprising, there are many unkillable characters.

Does the soul reaver still need souls for power at the end of soul reaver, thanks for making me understand guys.

EDIT: Also, is kains destiny tied to the reaver, if the reaver were to somehow be destroyed for what ever reason. Would the prophecy be destroyed?

Last edited by Classic NES on Oct 17th, 2006 at 08:35 PM

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 08:32 PM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Due to extremely ****ed up temporal mechanics, bad storywriting, and the fact that the sword itself is the catalyst for his destiny, there is no way to remove the reaver from existence or negate it coming into kain's possession. It goes with the destiny thing. The sword can change history because it's some kind of temporal linchpin. Which way history goes depends on how it's used. But ultimately, the sword can't be used or go to, anyone but Kain. So Ashtar, the question is moot.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 08:44 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Due to extremely ****ed up temporal mechanics, bad storywriting, and the fact that the sword itself is the catalyst for his destiny, there is no way to remove the reaver from existence or negate it coming into kain's possession. It goes with the destiny thing. The sword can change history because it's some kind of temporal linchpin. Which way history goes depends on how it's used. But ultimately, the sword can't be used or go to, anyone but Kain. So Ashtar, the question is moot.

But, you ignored my other question, doesn't the reaver need souls, if so, what happenes if it doesn't feed on souls for a while?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 08:46 PM
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's not surprising, there are many unkillable characters.

Does the soul reaver still need souls for power at the end of soul reaver, thanks for making me understand guys.

Well i believe it still needs souls since (spoiler!) it contains Rasiel's soul now and Rasiel is a soul reaver himself, but blade doesn't need souls to exist, only to make it more powerfull.

EDIT: Also, is kains destiny tied to the reaver, if the reaver were to somehow be destroyed for what ever reason. Would the prophecy be destroyed?
Good question confused their destinies are connected but i don't think it's possible to kill Kain by destroying SR because the weapon itself is used to controle life and death, besides destroying SR would mean that Rasiel's soul would be destroyed as well and it is not possible since Kain was the only one who could destroy Rasiel. Things are so complicated...

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 08:49 PM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Moot point. The reaver is indestructible. It doesn't need the souls. Kain gets the juice, not the sword. And you can't drain the souls out. Because, *SPOILER!!!*
The soul inside the blade is Raziel. He literally is the heart of the soul reaver. The Soul Reaver's power can't nullified. Cheap plot device I know, but that's Kain for you.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 08:53 PM
DiffidentAngel
Little old me

Please no bullshit in my thread, last i checked sephiroth has a soul.

like i said its translating into universes, they have life force, or mako. Not souls, so its an impossible translation, sides, sephiroth is infected with pure evil, heck he was born of it.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 10:05 PM
DiffidentAngel is currently offline Click here to Send DiffidentAngel a Private Message Find more posts by DiffidentAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Originally posted by Kaled
like i said its translating into universes, they have life force, or mako. Not souls, so its an impossible translation, sides, sephiroth is infected with pure evil, heck he was born of it.

And the reaver would drain that lifeforce like it does to others.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 10:12 PM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Alright Kaled, give it up. You've never played the LOK series, why are you arguing about something that you know nothing about?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 10:23 PM