KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Ryu Hayabusa and Ayane vs Cloud Strife and Tifa Lockhart

Ryu Hayabusa and Ayane vs Cloud Strife and Tifa Lockhart
Started by: Major Snafu

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 7 8 [9]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

And he would become a God to rule over the Universe

Old Post Oct 6th, 2007 06:32 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SHM
Depends of what type of destruction you are talking about. He cannot blow-up a planet, but can destroy the surface of it, and move it across the universe like a space-ship.

That's true, but remember that if Sephiroth absorbed the Lifestream, the planet would die.
I posted that about 7 months ago though yeah, you're right about that.

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Oct 6th, 2007 09:04 PM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

indeed

Old Post Oct 6th, 2007 09:33 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hannibal-Lector

Although im a huge FF7 fan, i dont think cloud would be fast enough to strike Ryu (even though he could somehow hit Sephiroth and he was stated to beable to teleport + move at light speed....) Tifa vs Ayane... difficult to say, Ayane is my favorite DOA character but Tifas pretty bad ass.... Game wise and if both were maxed out FF7 characters would win but canon wise probably DOA (People some how have deemed Cloud with god status)

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 02:33 AM
Hannibal-Lector is currently offline Click here to Send Hannibal-Lector a Private Message Find more posts by Hannibal-Lector Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shutter Shack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Classic NES
Hayabusa is not Darth Vader, and are you serious when has cloud ever fought someone with hayabusa's speed?
Loz

Last edited by Shutter Shack on Jun 7th, 2009 at 05:41 AM

Old Post Jun 7th, 2009 05:37 AM
Shutter Shack is currently offline Click here to Send Shutter Shack a Private Message Find more posts by Shutter Shack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Csdabest

Ryu hayabusa teleport rapes. Them both. Since it doesnt seem enither hase stop or haste,. So it should be pretty simple.

Be smart, and use corrective grammar, so you don;t sound like a complete jackass."

In the Great words of Shao Khaun
"YOU HAVE FAAAIIILLLLED!!!!!!!!"

Old Post Jun 7th, 2009 05:45 AM
Csdabest is currently offline Click here to Send Csdabest a Private Message Find more posts by Csdabest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shutter Shack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah but if Cloud has materia like Ryu has ninpo, I think he can utilize time and, he can slow down Hayabusa with slowga if that's in ff7. also hastega would quicken Cloud as far as speed and reaction time, etc. so he should be able to react in time but yes the teleporting will be a bitc.h.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2009 05:49 AM
Shutter Shack is currently offline Click here to Send Shutter Shack a Private Message Find more posts by Shutter Shack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuperLuigi
Restricted

Account Restricted

cloud and tifa. omnislash has no equal and tifa's limit combo is insane if you get all yeah's

Old Post Jun 7th, 2009 03:42 PM
SuperLuigi is currently offline Click here to Send SuperLuigi a Private Message Find more posts by SuperLuigi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Csdabest

Originally posted by Shutter Shack
Loz

Sup man. But think about it like this. How many times did Loz hit Cloud? Cloud is not surving sword strikes,

Be smart, and use corrective grammar, so you don;t sound like a complete jackass."

In the Great words of Shao Khaun
"YOU HAVE FAAAIIILLLLED!!!!!!!!"

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 01:12 AM
Csdabest is currently offline Click here to Send Csdabest a Private Message Find more posts by Csdabest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shutter Shack
Restricted

Account Restricted

He survived at least 8 stabs from Sephiroth (AC Complete, I have the torrent if you want it but I heard it's not out yet in US) but I see that you're saying he's not going to survive getting cleaved.

This is true but as far as fighting speed, Ryu is similar to Kadaj and Cloud still has the chance. I'm not saying Cloud wins. I actually saying this is a good fight. Even though Tifa has much more FIGHTING feats than Ayane, Ayane still has the power edge and can school her as well.

It's only FF/FF7 bias (which is much more common than DOA/NG bias) and doa/ng bias that influences who wins. Fact is this is fairly close. I'd be honest if one side was so much superior to the other and would have called spite. This is one of Snafu's threads that happens to be balanced, although it's old as hell. It's the first thread I've ever posted in on KMC.

Originally posted by SuperLuigi
cloud and tifa.
I respect your thought.

omnislash has no equal
This is an extreme statement and there are many things that equal it or are better. Hayabusa has a similar technique to it (Storm of Heavenly Dragon) which looks awfully similar to Cloud's omnislash in AC, but Cloud's technique definitely looks flashier. It is even flashier in AC Complete. That movie's so much better than regular AC what with all the scene edits and new scenes.

and tifa's limit combo is insane if you get all yeah's
If you get all what?!

Tifa is insane, insanely skilled and hot but Ayane can deal with her. If we don't strictly abide by cinematic clips which we shouldn't do anyway, Ayane has a lot of maneuvers she can easily pull off on someone as light as Tifa. She can react and teleport as well (I think she teleports in DOA4 to avoid getting hit by vehicles) but it's not like teleportation is the only way to victory.

Last edited by Shutter Shack on Jun 8th, 2009 at 04:22 AM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 04:07 AM
Shutter Shack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Edit time passed.

By the way, NG2 Sigma which will be coming out for PS3 (don't think there's any news about it coming to the 360, plus normal NG2 has glitches thanks to M$ rushing its release) will have Ayane as a playable character and she will be using some kind of weapon. In one of these scans it kinda looks like Genesis' weapon from FF7: Crisis Core.

(please log in to view the image)

For the sake of the fight though I think it's fair we don't give Ayane a weapon. Tifa doesn't use one, so we shouldn't give Ayane any equipment.

Last edited by Shutter Shack on Jun 8th, 2009 at 04:29 AM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 04:25 AM
aysongail

I Felt Cheated cause i OWN d Game In XBOX 360...

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 06:44 PM
aysongail is currently offline Click here to Send aysongail a Private Message Find more posts by aysongail Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

@Stutter Shack I'm pretty sure Ayane just uses a tanto knife based on the pictures and the trailer.

But well said all around, I'm kind of thinking the same in that it's potentially a pretty close battle should the circumstances be balanced out well.

I would say that Cloud and Hyabusa are in pretty similar leagues, shuld one ever be higher it's based more around a single factor like weapons or special attacks. But then Ryu is a character I consider to be exagerrated in gameplay from the actual canon simply for the sake of a more exhilerating combat system, and to that end, kind of makes him overrated. AC and future titles in the FFVII compilation have pretty much established that turn-based combat had actually underutilized what the characters are capable of overall, but even then the most impressive thing the common fighters have is jumping several hundreds of feet through the air, which is a pretty typical JRPG style fodder ability, because other than that, most FFVII characters aren't exactly very much worth getting too captivated over for the generic J-style eye candy. The only characters that seem to really have anything to show for it are Sephiroth, Vincent (Chaos form of course), and Omega Weiss. Even then, any high-tier anime character could probably take them.

But what you said about the re-worked Omnislash in AC complete said a mouthful. It sure as hell was flashier, and through that, kind of proves my old point. I say kind of because while the move was made groundlessly flashier, it made more sense for the particular situation; Cloud, being leagues below Sephiroth, managing to best him by using something that at least had the look of being able to put him down.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 08:17 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shutter Shack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes...old Omnislash version 5 was cool...but the complete version is...I mean...has 2-3 times the number of blows...and is blue as opposed to yellow...like the last part matters...stick out tongue

And I fully agree. Gameplay is Hayabusa's best show whereas CG is Cloud's, but imo the reason is that Square is not really good with making gameplay look like real life fighting (turn-based, restricted fighting and maneuvering) and amps the characters most in their movies. It's the other way around (and I mean really) for Tecmo. Developer Itagaki (when he used to work for them) outright stated he made the gameplay to show Hayabusa's potential. Sucks though that gameplay is supposedly not regarded in the vs forum here.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2009 06:49 AM
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Originally posted by Shutter Shack
Yes...old Omnislash version 5 was cool...but the complete version is...I mean...has 2-3 times the number of blows...and is blue as opposed to yellow...like the last part matters...stick out tongue

I counted about twelve or thirteen slashes.

quote:
It's the other way around (and I mean really) for Tecmo. Developer Itagaki (when he used to work for them) outright stated he made the gameplay to show Hayabusa's potential. Sucks though that gameplay is supposedly not regarded in the vs forum here.

I would hope so for Ryu's own sake; He's an otherwise virtually featless character. Even if that is the truth, it's technically a very subjective factor to measure most characters' capabilities, at least the player character.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2009 11:03 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shutter Shack
Restricted

Account Restricted

DOA4 ending is enough to make him not virtually featless. He also blasted off the ground like Cloud/Sephiroth before the last fight in NG2. big grin

I still agree however Cloud has way more in CG.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2009 02:27 PM
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

I mean beyond the aforementioned abilities. I never denied thst of Ryu, and I didn't try to sound like I was trying to, just that alot of the times the skills re there, they're never really applicable and in my opinion borderline toonforce.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 01:48 PM
K1ll3r
Bleh

Originally posted by Zack Fair
So which weapon you want? You can give him a one inch plastic stick and he could possibly kill Cloud in less than an instant.

Nah I ain't that biased...or am I?

Anyways for ****'s sake I'll give him the True Dragon Sword. This sword is equal & seemingly superior to the Dark Dragon Blade--and the Dark Dragon Blade makes Cloud's First Sword look like a wrecked baseball bat. About the 5 fold attack...Ryu is not going to be standing there eating all the attacks ala Sephiroth. That PIS is exclusive to the stupidly overpowered anime main bad guy with down syndrome, and Ryu ain't that. He doesn't need to survive it; he won't get hit.

How would any of those two stop Omnislash? It is a spirit energy attack, that doesn't hurt someone physically it destroys thier Will (Counsciousness or Soul). Not to mention it is stated as bypassing all defenses.

EDIT: I believe the reason why Sephiroth was destroyed by this attack is:

A. It was defined and created from spirit energy, making it fairly powerful to stop (Even though Sephiroth could easily stop a blade beam.)
B. Nothing can defend against it.
C. PIS: Sephiroth for some unkown reason didn't outfly Cloud (Which he clearly could have considering the speed at which he can fly.)

Why didn't Sephiroth attach All Materia to Black Materia, then it would have summoned a meteor for each enemy!!

Last edited by K1ll3r on Jun 25th, 2009 at 03:04 PM

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 02:57 PM
K1ll3r is currently offline Click here to Send K1ll3r a Private Message Find more posts by K1ll3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shutter Shack
Restricted

Account Restricted

He wasn't saying it will stop it. He was saying Ryu has ways of avoiding it and he does. The problem with Sephiroth (in AC and AC Complete) is that he stood there arrogantly and thought he could take whatever Cloud had to dish out. He was wrong and got owned. stick out tongue

Cloud has as many ways of killing Ryu and vice versa. They have melee/projectiles/magic/strength/speed and the girls...all of it.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 07:42 AM