KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » Season 6 Episode 6/8 "Static"

Season 6 Episode 6/8 "Static"
Started by: Jedi Priestess

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dan-El
Better than Lana turning into a vampire!
True enough. I still would like to see better action seens. Thats part of what makes Superman "Superman". What happened to heat vision?

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Nov 17th, 2006 02:08 AM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordFear

Originally posted by Kal875
Darkseid.......saving........Superman.......BY JOVE I THINK YOUVE GOT IT!

Seriously my first impression is Darkseid and it would be a great story to tie into it

Old Post Nov 17th, 2006 02:12 AM
LordFear is currently offline Click here to Send LordFear a Private Message Find more posts by LordFear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

Way to complicated though, it would take another 6 seasons just to explain it.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2006 02:14 AM
Kal of Krypton is currently offline Click here to Send Kal of Krypton a Private Message Find more posts by Kal of Krypton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordFear

I really hate Lana and Lex in this episode

Old Post Nov 17th, 2006 02:14 AM
LordFear is currently offline Click here to Send LordFear a Private Message Find more posts by LordFear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Originally posted by LordFear
I really hate Lana and Lex in this episode
Her speaking to lex was painful to the ears.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Nov 17th, 2006 02:15 AM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

Yeah, well I'm thinking Lana will end up finding 33.1 and that will be the end of Xena(has Xena been done yet? lol)

Old Post Nov 17th, 2006 02:15 AM
Kal of Krypton is currently offline Click here to Send Kal of Krypton a Private Message Find more posts by Kal of Krypton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

MM was an okay effect but I feel like I'm scrounging for action this season. The budget really must have taken a hit.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Nov 17th, 2006 02:22 AM
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

Well, I liked what this season had done so far. I mean, more on story than mindless action. However, I wouldn't have focused so much on Lana and Lex. I think the main problem people have is the lack of focus upon Clark as it is. Ollie/GA are good departures, but only if Clark is INVOLVED.

MM was a beautiful addition, but I think more could have been done with it. On the other hand, the producers might want to stick to last year's formula and have one super-guest star per half-season, as irritating as it can be. I mean, they're all coming back in Justice!

Remember the preview for the new season in September? What happened to the "S" ring that someone, maybe Clark, was holding? Is that for later this season?

I'm really sad that this half of the season went out with this episode, especially the "shocking" ending. Again, a Clark-centric ending (perhaps relating back to MM) would've been better. Or maybe Clark takes Chloe's advice (that hero's need help sometimes) and call's Ollie up. "I'm ready. What did you have in mind?"

Old Post Nov 17th, 2006 02:30 AM
Dan-El is currently offline Click here to Send Dan-El a Private Message Find more posts by Dan-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Well, I liked what this season had done so far. I mean, more on story than mindless action. However, I wouldn't have focused so much on Lana and Lex. I think the main problem people have is the lack of focus upon Clark as it is. Ollie/GA are good departures, but only if Clark is INVOLVED.

MM was a beautiful addition, but I think more could have been done with it. On the other hand, the producers might want to stick to last year's formula and have one super-guest star per half-season, as irritating as it can be. I mean, they're all coming back in Justice!

Remember the preview for the new season in September? What happened to the "S" ring that someone, maybe Clark, was holding? Is that for later this season?

I'm really sad that this half of the season went out with this episode, especially the "shocking" ending. Again, a Clark-centric ending (perhaps relating back to MM) would've been better. Or maybe Clark takes Chloe's advice (that hero's need help sometimes) and call's Ollie up. "I'm ready. What did you have in mind?"
I agree partially. They definitely should focus more on Clark but the action should be more defining now more then ever especially with the addition of MM to the show. A big problem that I'm getting is I am not seeing any real growth in Clarks character. I feel like nothings really changed in him from when the series first started. Not too mention Lana is possibly dumber now than earlier in the show.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Nov 17th, 2006 02:35 AM
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

Originally posted by Big Sexy
I agree partially. They definitely should focus more on Clark but the action should be more defining now more then ever especially with the addition of MM to the show. A big problem that I'm getting is I am not seeing any real growth in Clarks character. I feel like nothings really changed in him from when the series first started. Not too mention Lana is possibly dumber now than earlier in the show.

I have to say that Clark has grown a bit since the start of the show back in 2001. He's embracing who he is a bit more (statement's made in "Rage" aside), though he still has a problem with sharing his burdens to make things go easier on himself. It's not that realistic that he'd shed all of his tendencies in the course of a few episodes (since "Fallout", I mean). Besides, Superman is a bit of a loner, in that he does feel the need to carry the weight of the world on his shoulders so that everyone else's lives will be, in his way of seeing it, easier.

Lana is kind of a flip-floppy character, which is mainly the writers' fault. They need to stop deciding how she would act according to the episode, but instead think of how the episode, or the series rather, will go down due to her decisions.

Two corrections to my earlier statement:
- The last episode of this half of the season (till late Janurary) will be "Subterranean", which, thank God, should be a Clark centric episode.
- MM will not be returning in Justice, but will be back in Labyrinth.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2006 02:51 AM
Dan-El is currently offline Click here to Send Dan-El a Private Message Find more posts by Dan-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Using the first sig was one thing dude, but that one has my damn initials on it.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2006 02:55 AM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

It was an ok episode, I didnt really care about Lex part in the episode. They shouldve focused more on Clark and Batista. Static guy shouldve left Lana trapped between frequencies. She is just too annoying. I hate her character. sigh, I guess Ill go watch the episode were she is killed, im sure that'll cheer me up.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2006 03:37 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Hello? Is Clark ever going to be the focus again? sad

Old Post Nov 17th, 2006 03:53 AM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darktim1

I don't know it seems this season he's been on outside of things but I bet he'll become part at end of season.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2006 05:08 AM
darktim1 is currently offline Click here to Send darktim1 a Private Message Find more posts by darktim1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henke007

This episode was the worst crap iv'e watched i think, the Dialog is limping the characters seem to be bored of the show and the writers seem to be bored with their job and the special effects departement has been laid off, and Lana has gone haywire.

And Clark has lost all his superpowers somehow??!!!!!!!

This season is the worst crap ever, what has happened to the show pointless plots, phantom zone crap characters and whats with the guy with the purple, pink laser eyes who the hell is he ??

- He has powers i can only dream of haha what a jokeee, man u have powers every1 else can only dream of, this show isn't about CK and Superman anymore its about Lana and Lex and strange boring phantom characters...

Lana the way she cried over Lex and said i can't live without u how pathetic, and why i sLex still so soft i get irritated every scene they share!!!

And Chloe and Jimmy LMAO they may have the most not interested love story on TV ever seen!!!

Old Post Nov 17th, 2006 12:24 PM
Henke007 is currently offline Click here to Send Henke007 a Private Message Find more posts by Henke007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

Well it looks like we havent seen the Last of MM, thus the Oreo at the end

Originally posted by Henke007
This episode was the worst crap iv'e watched i think, the Dialog is limping the characters seem to be bored of the show and the writers seem to be bored with their job and the special effects departement has been laid off, and Lana has gone haywire.

And Clark has lost all his superpowers somehow??!!!!!!!

This season is the worst crap ever, what has happened to the show pointless plots, phantom zone crap characters and whats with the guy with the purple, pink laser eyes who the hell is he ??

- He has powers i can only dream of haha what a jokeee, man u have powers every1 else can only dream of, this show isn't about CK and Superman anymore its about Lana and Lex and strange boring phantom characters...

Lana the way she cried over Lex and said i can't live without u how pathetic, and why i sLex still so soft i get irritated every scene they share!!!

And Chloe and Jimmy LMAO they may have the most not interested love story on TV ever seen!!!

I was thinking about what Lana said about missing left and I was like "He's only been gone 1 day" and then I thought that if I saw my loved one disappear in front of me not knowing if they were ok or if I will ever see them again, I might of missed them also.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2006 01:37 PM
LordFear

why is everybody focused on Martian Manhunter?
I can't even begin to see how you would tie that story line up
And why would Clark say "he has powers that I can only dream of?"
MM is nowhere near Clarks abilities. The oreo bit I don't get and MM is a good guy, this dude looks like he blasted Batista with his eyes like Darkseid would do with his omega beam

Old Post Nov 17th, 2006 02:24 PM
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

1.) He could fly
2.) He had a burning touch

Technically, since Clark can't do either of those things (yet, in relation to flight), he can only dream of having them.

Literally. Ins season 3 I believe, he dreamt he was flying! lol

Old Post Nov 17th, 2006 02:52 PM
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

Yeah

Old Post Nov 17th, 2006 03:31 PM
LordFear

but wouldn't Darkseid make for more of an interesting ending?

Old Post Nov 17th, 2006 03:40 PM