KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » Star Wars Game

What should we play as?
This poll is closed.
Republic 1 100.00%
Empire 0 0%
Black Sun Pirates 0 0%
Mercenaries 0 0%
Total: 1 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Star Wars Game
Started by: True Geek

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
True Geek
Thinking of one...

Star Wars Game

Welcome to my currently unapproved game!

This game takes place a very long time after the 6th movie. All the characters you know are long dead. Do not worry about the descendants.

47 years ago, the Sith left the Remnants (Empire), due to their lack of power and gain of a conscience, in search of more brutal powerful groups. The Sith and their teachings became little known.

The Jedi started having little use to the Republic because of no war going on, so most were laid off from the Republic. One big mistake.

20 years ago, the Sith found unwilling people who were Force sensitive. They were forced to join them. After a while longer, they found a perfect candidate for something to join. The Black Sun Pirates. They may not have been powerful, but they were ruthless and chaotic. The Pirates refused their services, because they thought it was a trick. One man who became leader of the Sith, Darth Basek did not approve. He organized a way to take them over by force. It was put into effect and worked perfectly.

The Remnants and Republic were not aware of this until they took over Tatooine from the Republic.

10 years ago, Darth Sroth (Darth Basek's apprentice) did not like his low rank. He built a suit of armor made of purified cortosis and diamond plating, and trained himself severely with the force. He learned something amazing, summoning. With the help of 5 minions, there was no way he could lose in overthrowing his master.

The Remnants gained power because of a discovery of how to put the Force into people, due to the research of Emperor Talor without it... again. Soon they retook over Hoth, Kessel, Kamino, and Geonosis.

6 years ago, Darth Sroth tried it. Much to his surprise, Darth Basek could regenerate himself. Sroth managed to fire his master into space.

The Republic has lost power regardless of the efforts of the remaining Jedi who are sometimes advised by Luke Skywalker's ghost.

Now, a great conquest between the 3 factions is beginning. Which side do you want to be on?

Character creation finally

Force users aren't as good as they seem, but they are still useful.

There are some classes, and if you know the races, be them.

Here are the classes
Force
Force Combatant- strong physically, but weak with the force.
Force User- weak physically, but strong with the force.
No Force
Tribal- strongest. can rage.
Soldier- proficient with anything but lightsabers. strong.
Scout- average strength. skillful.
Scoundrel- weak. most skillful.
Tech- skilled with droids and piloting. weak.
Droids
Social- Protocol. Weak. No weapons, but infinite gadget use. all languages
Melee- Protocol. Strong. Proficient with all. most languages
Assassin- weak. Proficient with all ranged. most languages. infinite gadget use.
Companion- astromech. weak. beeps. infinite gadget use. skilled with droids and piloting. most skillful

To decide what skills and abilities and race you are, make a bio of your character. age, planet, inventory, skills, and a name. Or, make a back story, which can even get you bonus XP which is used to level up and become stronger.

For more details ask more questions. This is not approved yet.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2006 03:07 AM
True Geek is currently offline Click here to Send True Geek a Private Message Find more posts by True Geek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
True Geek
Thinking of one...

We can get to playing once the vote is complete, and people make their characters, and is approved.

Last edited by True Geek on Dec 15th, 2006 at 03:58 AM

Old Post Dec 15th, 2006 03:55 AM
True Geek is currently offline Click here to Send True Geek a Private Message Find more posts by True Geek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

This actually seems quite interesting, but I'm afraid it does require approval before it can be played. erm

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Dec 15th, 2006 04:57 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

approval first. smile

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2006 08:45 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marxman
Resident Communist

You should post it in the proper place if you want approval.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 01:31 AM
Marxman is currently offline Click here to Send Marxman a Private Message Find more posts by Marxman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
True Geek
Thinking of one...

is the proper place the Note: Welcome to the Star Wars Role-Playing Area! New arrivals please read! ?

Last edited by True Geek on Dec 18th, 2006 at 09:01 PM

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 08:57 PM
Marxman
Resident Communist

Yes

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 09:00 PM
Marxman is currently offline Click here to Send Marxman a Private Message Find more posts by Marxman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
True Geek
Thinking of one...

never mind what i just had put here

Last edited by True Geek on Dec 18th, 2006 at 09:24 PM

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 09:15 PM
TBJ
High

Well, unless Ush told you so, it doesn't have permission, by saying "In" I was just supporting your idea, you need to get about five people to get permission, so just wait until about that many people have supported you in the READ THIS FIRST THREAD, and then you'll get permission.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 09:23 PM
TBJ is currently offline Click here to Send TBJ a Private Message Find more posts by TBJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
True Geek
Thinking of one...

Ok, I'll keep that in mind. Sorry about the confusion.

-All time is relative, lunchtime doubley so.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 09:25 PM
TBJ
High

No problem.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 10:47 PM
TBJ is currently offline Click here to Send TBJ a Private Message Find more posts by TBJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master_Tai_Atto
Jedi Exile

i'll do the game

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 06:25 PM
Master_Tai_Atto is currently offline Click here to Send Master_Tai_Atto a Private Message Find more posts by Master_Tai_Atto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
True Geek
Thinking of one...

Okay, this time Ush said that it is approved. The poll expired, so let's re-vote. I will accept votes for 24 more hours. It is the same poll as the one on the top. Go ahead and type your votes.
Here are some additions I have made to the game.
Jedi, Sith, and Zabrak have improved unarmed combat skills.
Another Force class: Creature Handler: Weak physically, weak force, pets, force-like abilities.
Feel free to make your characters.

Last edited by True Geek on Jan 15th, 2007 at 04:11 PM

Old Post Jan 15th, 2007 04:05 PM
True Geek
Thinking of one...

Here is how combat works. You say what you want to do, and I say the result. Example.

Guy Smith: I swing my lightsaber at the Sith in front of me.

Whoever: I shoot the Sith he slashed.

True Geek: He blocks the blaster shot, but takes a slash for 9 points of damage. He uses Force shock on Guy, but Guy resists full damage, so he takes 7 points of damage.

The way I decide if you hit, miss, get hit, resist, and all that neat stuff is by rolling a die and add all the modifiers.

There are free actions, standard actions, and full actions. Here are examples of them.

Free action: Talking.
Standard action: Walking more than 3 steps. Attacking with 1 attack. Using a low concentration Force power.
Full action: 3 steps and a full attack. A full attack. Moving more than your speed allows in 1 turn. Battle meditation force power. 2 standard actions in one turn.

Last edited by True Geek on Jan 15th, 2007 at 04:23 PM

Old Post Jan 15th, 2007 04:18 PM
True Geek
Thinking of one...

Here are the specifics of the classes.
Force Combatant: +4 on to hit rolls. +7 on to hit rolls with unarmed combat (this does not stack with the +4). +6 on damage rolls. 10 skills for first level, 2 skills for other levels. 1 force power each level. 1 feat every 2 levels (this does stack with the 1 feat every 3 levels). +5 for physical resistance rolls (like poison). +6 for dodging. +2 for mental resistance rolls (like force powers being used on you). 2 force point regen per turn. No armor, except robes and clothing. +1 with lightsabers (this does stack for hit rolls and damage rolls). Able to use lightsabers, blades, batons, pistols, and spears.
Force User: +2 on to hit rolls. +5 on to hit rolls with unarmed attacks (does not stack with the +2). +0 on damage rolls. 18 skills for the first level. 4 skills for other levels. 3 force powers for the first level, 1 for every other level except on multiples of 3 in which 3 more force powers are gained. +2 for physical resistance rolls. +6 for dodging. +6 for mental resistance rolls. 5 force regen per turn. No armor other than clothing and robes. Able to use lightsabers, blades, and pistols.
Creature Handler: +2 on to hit rolls. +1 on damage rolls. 20 skills for the first level, 5 skills for other levels. +4 for physical resistance rolls. +4 for dodging. +5 for mental resistance rolls. 1 force power each level. 1 force regen per turn. No armor other than clothing. Able to use blades, batons, spears, and pistols. Able to have pets. Starts with 1 pet. Able to shapeshift. Gains 1 shapeshift every 3 levels.
Tribal: +10 on to hit rolls. +12 on damage rolls. 4 skills for the first level. 1 skill for other levels. +8 for physical resistance rolls. +8 for dodging. -3 for mental resistance rolls. Light armor and clothing. Able to use every melee weapon other than lightsabers. Only primitive ranged weapons. Able to rage. Raging gives +4 to attack rolls, +7 to damage rolls, 6 damage reduction, +10 temporary health, and -5 to dodging. You can rage 1 time every day per level you have. Able to go 10 more feet than other classes per turn.
Soldier: +8 on to hit rolls. +8 on damage rolls. 10 skills for the first level, and 2 skills for every level other than that. 1 feat every 2 levels (this stacks with the 1 feat every 3 levels). +6 for physical resistance rolls. +5 for dodging. Able to use all armor, shields, and weapons other than lightsabers.
Scout: +9 on to hit rolls. +5 on damage rolls. 30 skills for the first level, and 7 skills for every level other than that. +4 for physical resistance rolls. +6 for dodging. +3 for mental resistance. Able to use light and medium armor, most shields, and clothing. Able to use all weapons other than heavy guns and lightsabers.
Scoundrel: +5 on to hit rolls. +2 on damage rolls. 50 skills for the first level, and 13 skills for every level other than that. +1 for physical resistance rolls. +9 for dodging. +4 for mental resistance. Able to use light armor and clothing. Able to use blades, spears, batons, pistols, and rifles.
Tech: +2 on to hit rolls. 70 skills for the first level, and 20 skills for every level other than that. +3 for dodging. +6 for mental resistance. Able to use light armor and clothing. Able to use batons, pistols, and rifles. Able to build any objects that are physically possible to build with the materials you have.
Social: 50 skills for the first level, and 13 skills for every other level than that. cannot add skill points to skills that add to physical abilities. Immune to poison, paralysis, and other effects that require an actual anatomy. +10 for physical resistance rolls.+1 for dodging. +20 for mental resistance rolls. No weapons or armor, but able to use gadgets (wrist rockets, stun rays, shockers) infinitely
Melee: +10 for to hit rolls. +10 for damage rolls. 9 skills for the first level, 1 skill for every other level. Immune to effects which require an actual anatomy. +10 for physical resistance rolls. +5 for dodging. +15 for mental resistance rolls. Able to use all plating. Able to use all melee weapons, even lightsabers, and pistols.
Assassin: +15 for to hit rolls. +5 for damage rolls. 10 skills for the first level, and 2 for every level other than that. Immune to effects which require an actual anatomy. +10 for physical resistance rolls. +6 for dodging. +15 for mental resistance rolls. Able to use light and medium plating. Able to use all ranged weapons, but no melee weapons.
Social: +3 for to hit rolls. +1 for damage rolls. 100 skills for the first level, 30 skills for every level other than that. Immune to effects which require an actual anatomy. +10 for physical resistance rolls. +4 for dodging. +25 for mental resistance rolls. Able to use pistols. No armor. Pistols are concealed and no penalties happen for dual wielding them.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2007 06:05 PM
True Geek
Thinking of one...

Here are how skills work.
You can put 8 skill points in each skill per level you have. There are a lot of skills. Most can be used untrained.

Computer Use- The ability to hack in and/or program computers. Cannot be used untrained
Repair- The ability to build and rebuild and fix machines. Cannot be used untrained. Techs need this.
Spot- The ability to see things out of the ordinary
Listen- The ability to hear things out of the ordinary
Search- The ability to find things
Diplomacy- The ability to reason with people
Bluff- The ability to lie
Intimidate- The ability to threaten
Heal- The ability to bind wounds, stop others from bleeding, and heal more with items or powers
Animal Handling- The ability to manage animals. Creature Handlers need this.
Jump- The ability to jump over things or across things.
Swim- The ability to move through water or other liquids
Climb- The ability to go up a wall or ladder or things like that
Piloting- The ability to fly a ship and dodge missiles and blasts from other ships.
Demolitions- The ability to blow stuff up better, and to deactivate mines and things like that. Cannot be used untrained
Locks- The ability to unlock and lock things
Traps- The ability to deactivate and set traps

You are also able to save your points if you do not feel like spending any.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2007 06:25 PM
True Geek
Thinking of one...

Here is some more information for the classes. The second Social in the previous information is supposed to be Companion.
hp is health, fp is force points

Force Combatant: 9 hp per level. 5 fp per level
Force User: 6 hp per level. 12 fp per level
Creature Handler: 4 hp per level. 4 fp per level
Tribal: 12 hp per level.
Soldier: 10 hp per level.
Scout: 8 hp per level.
Scoundrel: 6 hp per level.
Tech: 4 hp per level.
Social: 4 hp per level. 1/32 hp regen per turn per level
Melee:11 hp per level. 1/8 hp regen per turn per level
Assassin: 7 hp per level. 1/16 hp regen per turn per level
Companion: 5 hp per level. 1/32 hp regen per turn per level

Old Post Jan 15th, 2007 08:50 PM
True Geek
Thinking of one...

Here are some things that species get
You are able to move 30 feet per turn except where otherwise noted.
Human: 1 extra feat for first level. 4 extra skill points for first level. 1 extra skill point for every level after that
Wookiee: +6 to hit. +8 damage. +4 intimidate. +4 climb. Wookiee rage. Wookiee rage is the same as tribal rage, even how many times you can use it. -4 diplomacy. -4 bluff. Can only speak shriiiwook
Bothan: +8 to hit. 20 more feet per turn than normal.
Mon Calamari: +4 computer use and repair. automatic success with swim checks unless there is a strong current.
Kel Dor: +4 to hit. +2 damage. +8 to mental resistance.
Hutt: 10 feet per turn. +20 hp per level. -4 dodging.
Gungan: +5 hp per level.
Trandoshan: +8 to hit. +4 damage. +2 intimidate. -2 diplomacy. Can only speak Trandoshan.
Twi'lek: +8 to hit. +8 diplomacy. +10 bluff.
Clawdite: Disguise. While disguised, +12 diplomacy, +12 bluff, +6 intimidate.
Ithorian: +8 mental resistance. +2 diplomacy. +4 computer use.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2007 09:35 PM
claybird

here's my character

human, female, force combatant, 1 for swim, 5 for heal, 3 for bluffing, 2 for intimate, 1 for spot, 1 for listen, 1 for search

Old Post Jan 16th, 2007 12:10 AM
claybird is currently offline Click here to Send claybird a Private Message Find more posts by claybird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
True Geek
Thinking of one...

Here are some feats. None that you can get at level one are not on here.
You get 1 feat for the first level, and 1 more for every 3rd level. If you are a human, you get another feat on the first level. If you are a soldier or a force combatant, you get another feat on the first level, and another every 2 levels.
1 before a feat means it can be recieved as a soldier/force combatant bonus feat. 2 before a feat means it can be recieved multiple times, and its effects stack. If a feat is indented, you need to get the feat that is less indented than it to get it.
1Power Attack: Make yourself less likely to hit, but do more damage.
- 1Cleave: If you kill an enemy with an attack, attack another enemy that you don't have to step to reach
-- 1Great Cleave: If you kill an enemy with an attack, even with a cleave, attack another enemy you don't have to step to reach.
--- 1Great Cleave With 5 Foot Step: Same as Great Cleave, but you are able to take 1 5 foot step and attack again
---- 1Great Cleave With Unlimited 5 Foot Steps: Same as Great Cleave, but you are able to take as many 5 foot steps as you want as long as there is an attack in the middle of each 5 foot step.
- 1Sunder: Attempt to break someone else's weapon.
1Point Blank Shot: You gain +5 on your to hit bonus if attacking someone in melee range with a melee weapon
- 1Far Shot: You can shoot from longer distances
- 1Precise Shot: No penalty is suffered when shooting at someone who is in combat with an ally
- 1,2Rapid Shot: Shoot another time in one turn
- 1Running Shot: Shoot while running away
Improved Run: You can move 5 times your speed in a straight line, instead of the normal 4 times your speed
Ambidexterity: Two weapon fighting penalties go from -4/-8 to -4/-4
- 1Two Weapon Fighting: Penalties go from -4/-4 to -2/-2
-- 1,2Improved Two Weapon Fighting: You get 2 attacks with each weapon
--- No Penalties: penalties go from -2/-2 to 0/0
1Martial Arts: You get 3 punches instead of 1.
- 1Deflect Shots: you can deflect a shot from bows, blasters, or lead weapons with your fist
- 1Stunning Fist: your first punch can stun an enemy, thus leaving them defenseless
1Expertise: you can add points from your to hit bonus to your dodging bonus
- 1Disarm: you can try to remove someone elses weapon
- 1Trip: With a successful attack, you can trip someone as a free action
1,2Dodge: +1 on your dodging bonus
1,2Toughness: +3 health
1Quick Draw: draw your weapon as a free action
Advanced Jedi Defense: +5 to block and deflect a blaster shot into someone.
Leadership: must be 6th level. whole group gain 10% more to hit and damage and experience points.

Last edited by True Geek on Jan 16th, 2007 at 12:19 AM

Old Post Jan 16th, 2007 12:16 AM