KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect ZOOM! (Revamped)

Respect ZOOM! (Revamped)
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Endless Mike
It should be mentioned that the Trinity feats were from an altered reality
Eh, why? Zoom himself was not altered, so it really doesn't matter.

Actually, don't answer that. I don't want this thread to get spammed up.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 4th, 2009 04:59 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Endless Mike
It should be mentioned that the Trinity feats were from an altered reality

No one was altered. Just the reality was missing the trinity. All feats are canon to those who appear in them.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 02:40 AM
fangirl101 is currently offline Click here to Send fangirl101 a Private Message Find more posts by fangirl101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Galan007

Superman comments that so far, the entire battle between Zoom and Flash has lasted less then a second. He also comments that for every punch thrown, Zoom and Flash travel over 1,000 miles:
(please log in to view the image)

Buddy, Superman is standing still.

Flash says that NONE of his fellow heroes can help and that he cannot keep it up much longer. Superman is nothing but a statue, it's WALLY talking smile

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 03:36 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

I see what you did there.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 03:43 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Buddy, Superman is standing still.

Flash says that NONE of his fellow heroes can help and that he cannot keep it up much longer. Superman is nothing but a statue, it's WALLY talking smile
Yes, I know that now. At the time I didn't, though.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 04:21 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanlore

Flash/Zoom..

People seem to have a poor concept of speed and time so I did a little math for fun and thought some people might like to know this info for fun.

Lets take the flash or the speed of light for example.

If the flash was standing 1 meter thats 3 feet in front of someone and was able to hit them at the speed of light (in air) not a vacuum, then he could hit them about 299,702,547 times a second. And thats if he moved his hands all the way back to hit as hard as he can for every hit...

So how many times could zoom hit someone in the same situation?

Well even after flash took all the other other speedsters speed force according to Flash, Zoom is still just a blur.

So Flash + Bart + Jay + Jess combine speed and Zoom was still faster..

Well lets say Zoom is 5 times faster than light but he is problibly faster than that but lets just say 5....

If he was standing 3 feet away from someone he could hit them around 1,498,512,735 times per second.

Thats like a a billion five hundred million times a second he could punch someone...... ( in only 1 second.) confused

Old Post Mar 7th, 2009 04:19 PM
Vanlore is currently offline Click here to Send Vanlore a Private Message Find more posts by Vanlore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanlore

Also something interesting to add to this. I have no idea how zoom or flash might perceive time but just to get an idea of it. If they perceived each one of those hits as taking 1 second to them, than 1 second to us would be 3.468 days to the flash and 1 second to zoom would be 47.517 years to zoom operating at those speeds... lol stick out tongue

So 1 second to Flash is about 3 days and 11 hours to him.
And 1 second to zoom would be 47 years.

Last edited by Vanlore on Mar 7th, 2009 at 04:57 PM

Old Post Mar 7th, 2009 04:48 PM
Vanlore is currently offline Click here to Send Vanlore a Private Message Find more posts by Vanlore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanlore

oops I messed up

1 second to Flash is about 9 years to him.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2009 08:13 PM
ankur29
ankur

Originally posted by Vanlore
oops I messed up

1 second to Flash is about 9 years to him.

1 second to fkash is 1 second to zoom stick out tongue
the unit parameters of time don't change a second is teh same for everyone

zoom is just so much faster he could accomplish by your calculations 9yrs of work in that 1 second compared to flash

Old Post Mar 7th, 2009 10:36 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanlore

Originally posted by ankur29
1 second to fkash is 1 second to zoom stick out tongue
the unit parameters of time don't change a second is teh same for everyone

zoom is just so much faster he could accomplish by your calculations 9yrs of work in that 1 second compared to flash

Well like i said. It would depend on how they perceive time at the speed they are operating but the key word is operating (Relative) to us.. so in reality a second to us could seem like a long time to them... that is why you seem them carrying on conversations with each other with the rest of the world on pause.

If flash is operating at that speed and he perceived time ..his hits as taking one second to him and another person was operating 50x as fast and they perceive the time of there hits as being one second then the perception of time would be different for each of them. Not the unit... big grin

Last edited by Vanlore on Mar 8th, 2009 at 01:37 PM

Old Post Mar 8th, 2009 01:31 PM
Vanlore

Imagine flash counting to 10 seconds while he is operating at the speed of light. Well he counted to 10 and to him it seemed like 10 seconds went by but we know that not even 1 second has past because he is operating at a the speed of light.

Its not the actual unit of time that changes but the perception of time.

Imagine you and flash playing hide and go seek and he is going to use his powers to play. Yall both are going to count to 10. Well he would count to 10 secs at the speed he is operating at and you count to 10. Well it would not seem like he counted at all to you but he could swear up and down that to him he counted 10 seconds. So its the perception of time that would change not the actual unit so everything I have said would be correct.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2009 01:51 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Just putting this out there, Zoom isn't fast at all. He's a cool character, but he's not truly a speedster. He f'd up on the Cosmic Treadmill, and now he can control time relative to himself. So he's not fast, he's just making everyone else slow, so slow that he seems to move at intense speeds that are greater than even Wally West, the fastest speedster ever.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 08:23 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

Originally posted by KingD19
Just putting this out there, Zoom isn't fast at all. He's a cool character, but he's not truly a speedster. He f'd up on the Cosmic Treadmill, and now he can control time relative to himself. So he's not fast, he's just making everyone else slow, so slow that he seems to move at intense speeds that are greater than even Wally West, the fastest speedster ever.
Everybody and their mother knows about Zooms origins and i disagree but that's besides the point thi sis a respect thread eek!

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 01:23 PM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by KingD19
That is all wrong.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 02:27 PM
fangirl101 is currently offline Click here to Send fangirl101 a Private Message Find more posts by fangirl101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Please stop debating in my RESPECT thread. If some of you feel that further discussion is needed, take it to another thread. I don't want to start reporting people, but this is getting ridiculous.

Thanks. smile

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 02:53 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

I really should have named this the "capability" forum instead of the respect forum. Because a respect thread doesn't preclude (respectful) debate on a character. I dislike the reports I get every time someone says something not-so-nice about a character in their thread. If it's not intended as overt trolling/bashing/etc. it is more than ok.

That said, the needless animosity is obvious. Don't let it continue, or there will be consequences.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 05:24 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Aug 27th, 2009 09:51 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Aug 27th, 2009 09:52 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

whos that at the end?

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Aug 27th, 2009 10:01 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Barry.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2009 10:14 PM