KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Did Dumbledore and Severus Snape had a relationship?

Did Dumbledore and Severus Snape had a relationship?
Started by: Aqua-pimp

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nanami_XIV

Oo You pretty much summed it all up DarkC.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 09:32 PM
Nanami_XIV is currently offline Click here to Send Nanami_XIV a Private Message Find more posts by Nanami_XIV Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dirkdirden
Senor Membber

Dumbledore trusted snape for many reasons, but the main reason was to use him as a spy. I personally still think snape is a good guy and was only forced to kill Dumbledore to 1 protect Harry 2 protect himself and draco(becuase of the unbreakable vow).

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 09:40 PM
dirkdirden is currently offline Click here to Send dirkdirden a Private Message Find more posts by dirkdirden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nanami_XIV

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dirkdirden
Dumbledore trusted snape for many reasons, but the main reason was to use him as a spy. I personally still think snape is a good guy and was only forced to kill Dumbledore to 1 protect Harry 2 protect himself and draco(becuase of the unbreakable vow).

I second that. But I think Dumbledore was also like a guardian to Snape.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 09:50 PM
Nanami_XIV is currently offline Click here to Send Nanami_XIV a Private Message Find more posts by Nanami_XIV Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dirkdirden
Senor Membber

Originally posted by Gravitation
I second that. But I think Dumbledore was also like a guardian to Snape.

yes he was, amongst many other things

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 09:52 PM
dirkdirden is currently offline Click here to Send dirkdirden a Private Message Find more posts by dirkdirden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aqua-pimp

quote:
It's true, they bring newer concepts and realities into the children's world. While death and multilation are familiar in children's books, none convey the tragedy of it as much as Rowling does in her Potter books.

However, bringing in an oblique and controversial subject matter such as homosexuality for example, or racism into the Potter books is much more dangerous to incorporate into a childrens' book. Do you see those justified for a good reason in any "children'"s books? No. Your argument is moot. Even if England and the world is familiar with it, it would be a stupid idea to insert into every aspect of everyday life there is.

Yeah Jk would never put a controversial matter like racism in her book.. Voldermorts life goal isn't purifing the magical world of mudbloods and he's definitly not down with pure blood supremacy ..
Yeah that Voldemort guy is all abourt hugs and kisses isn't he? Question did you've ever actualy read a Harry Potter book?
ok read the following line really carefully...
SHE ALREADY PUT A CONTROVERSIAL SUBJECT MATTER LIKE RACISM IN HER BOOK GIVE ME ONE GOOD REASON WHY SHE WOULN'T PUT ANOTHER CONTROVERSIAL SUBJECT LIKE HOMOSEXUALTITY IN HER BOOKS???? AL WHAT YOU'VE GIVING ME TILL NOW IS SH*T OF THE HIGHEST ORDER .. laughing

quote:
Oh, because someone "loves" your crap means that they'll oppose you about it every time you throw a moronic point out into the blue.

That's the stupidest logic I've ever seen.

No, I just feel very strongly against your idea and I happen to like a good debate. Stop assuming nonsense.
"Afraid your crap" would be true? Absolute bullshit. Because hey, it'll never, ever happen. Face it.

I'f it's so moronic why couldn't you give me a good reason why it's moronic?And how do you know it'll never happen or did you've already read book 7.. And for the record it's youre problem i'f you feel strongly against my idea i like a good debate myself unfortunatly you're not really good in that erm

quote:
Whether sexuality is involved in your so called couple doesn't have relevance to the actual subject itself. You really pulled that point out of your ass, didn't you?

Sex or not, homosexuality as a topic is still homosexuality.

I sooo agree on that it really has no relevance...So why are you fantasizing about two men kissing?
quote:
Gayness in a children's book? You kidding me?
Even though kids have been reading it as they grow up, don't forget the younger generation that have only just started. What do you suppose Mom will think when little Kenneth asks why two men are kissing?

That was you riight... ( I'm serieusly pissing my pants right now you're a funny guy but i ain't mad at ya you can go fantasize about kissing men all you want it's the internet you're girlfriend isn't gonna know about it ...Do you even have a girlfriend.. laughing laughing )

quote:
I personally challenge you to find any point in his statement where he seriously indicated that he was fantasizing about said sex scene. And JK may have set some hints about a relationship, but not a homosexual one and certainly not between Dumbledore and Snape.

Stick to the subject, not to pathetically attempting to make yourself look good by giving the scapegoat tag to someone else.

If you take his inherent trust in Snape and slap it as "love", then you're more delusional than I thought. Read book five and six again.

Stick to the subject????ow no you didn't eek!
You where the one who started about kissing men the thread wasn't even about that.. So why don't you listen to you're own advice..
I just said the word gay and you're fantasizing about two men having sex?? g*damn you s*ck really mature G reeaaalyy mature...

quote:
And neither it was stated in any of the books that he had a husband or was homosexual.

So why are you assuming above, especially when it has almost no real concrete backup? Seems premature to me. It's far too controversial a topic, having Dumbledore die caused enough uproar. And no you think she'll honestly ship him up there with Snape? Death is one thing, finding out that the greatest wizard in the Potter series was gay is another. Learn to distinguish the two.

The greatest wizard of the world was gay so what? There are worst things in the world than being gay it's 2007 nobody's gonna give a godd*mn f*ck especialy not JK godd*mn she's rich and she does whatever the f*ck she wants not what some caveman from the midle of nowhere think about the desicions she makes in her books.. Last time i've checked England was a free country she can write whatever the f*ck she wants to and hey everything on this forum that's about the storyline of the 7th Harry Potter book is premature unles you where blessed with the first sample of the book... laughing out loud gues it's time for someone to take his head out of his own ass and take a look in the world nowadays instead of boring people by saying absolutly nothing wink

quote:
A lot of people like surprises, that's true. But there's different kinds. The reaction after being X or Y or so on. Death, hey that's normal even in the world of a child.

They don't, however, have to find out that Dumbledore was in love with Snape. It's just too dangerous a topic to bring into a child's world.

You love her as a writer because she kills people off and hits us where we expect it least? That's not what I value in her as an author. I value her ingenuity and talent for creating a world that is unreal, yet still keenly imaginable. If you want suspense and being caught off guard, go read Jeffery Deaver.

And i'f you don't like surprising storylines suspense and originaltity go read Winnie the Poe or a gay magazine..Because you like seing gay men kissing hey girlfriend laughing
Sorry but when i'm reading a book like Harry Potter i like being got off guard i like surprises instead of constaly knowing what's gonna happen gues that would become really boring ..

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 10:29 PM
Aqua-pimp is currently offline Click here to Send Aqua-pimp a Private Message Find more posts by Aqua-pimp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Originally posted by Aqua-pimp
Again who said anything about sex??!! laughing
Didn't you read the thread ?? Why are you fantasizing about a gay sex scene that wasn't my intend when i created this thread ..So gues that means you're the pathetic one happy
And i don't know you but uhm.. with these kind of statements you're giving me the strong impression someone is locked up in the closet.. shifty

cool

Masturbation is a form of sex. roll eyes (sarcastic) It's self-sex, but sex none the less. no expression

And no, I'm not gay. But again, it's kind of pathetic that the best you can come up with is that, especially since you know nothing about me. Calling someone gay is the lamest comeback possible.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 10:53 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aqua-pimp

quote:
Masturbation is a form of sex. It's self-sex, but sex none the less.

And no, I'm not gay. But again, it's kind of pathetic that the best you can come up with is that, especially since you know nothing about me. Calling someone gay is the lamest comeback possible.

Ey look men i'f you wanna be gay you can be gay till the break a dawn dude i don't give f*ck you don't have to pretend you''re exposed wink What do you want me rather to call you than? malebootylovingamerican?
laughing out loud
And no i don't know anything about you... and i don't think i want to either happy

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 11:08 PM
Aqua-pimp is currently offline Click here to Send Aqua-pimp a Private Message Find more posts by Aqua-pimp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Yeah Jk would never put a controversial matter like racism in her book.. Voldermorts life goal isn't purifing the magical world of mudbloods and he's definitly not down with pure blood supremacy ..
Yeah that Voldemort guy is all abourt hugs and kisses isn't he? Question did you've ever actualy read a Harry Potter book?
SHE ALREADY PUT A CONTROVERSIAL SUBJECT MATTER LIKE RACISM IN HER BOOK GIVE ME ONE GOOD REASON WHY SHE WOULN'T PUT ANOTHER CONTROVERSIAL SUBJECT LIKE HOMOSEXUALTITY IN HER BOOKS???? AL WHAT YOU'VE GIVING ME TILL NOW IS SH*T OF THE HIGHEST ORDER .. laughing

No, you're not quite getting it.

That's a cleverly disguised form of racism. We both know that the definition of a Mudblood is someone with heritage of Muggle ancestry. The thing about it is, do you see racism as we know it in our world? No. Anything about whites vs blacks? None, zip and zilch. Nada. You can't exactly get in trouble for calling someone a Mudblood, but you can get in trouble for calling someone ******/chink/etc.

Her concern is; she doesn't want to see little Sally run off to school and call her teacher, who happens to be a black, a ****** just for the heck of it. She teaches the general concept, yet not encourage kids to go running around sowing anti-Black sentiments.

However, what you suggested is much more direct. There's no disguising homosexuality, it is what it is and it's stagnant. It's not exactly something that you can sugar up.
What kind of impact do you think having one of their greatest Magical heroes as a homosexual will have on very young readers?
What kind of trouble do you think she'll get into with Bloomsbury for pulling off that kind of stunt?

Think about it, if his death caused a huge uproar, finding out he's gay will be like a firestorm in midsummer.
quote:
I'f it's so moronic why couldn't you give me a good reason why it's moronic?And how do you know it'll never happen or did you've already read book 7.. And for the record it's youre problem i'f you feel strongly against my idea i like a good debate myself unfortunatly you're not really good in that erm

Hahahahahahahahaha!!

You're accusing me of not providing the facts. Oh, that's a good one.

As far as I know, I have backed up my statements and claims and have provided reasonable arguments. You? You keep blustering on about how "It's 2007, let's all go and insert homosexuality in any type of media we can get our hands on"!

Rowling says: "Snape was loved."
And from that, somehow, you say: "OMFG It's Dumbledore!"

Oh, it's not up to you to decide which is the better debator in this argument. Nor is it up to me. It's up to the onlookers. And it looks like I've garnered more support than you have. How many supporters do you have? Oh yeah, none. Nil.
quote:
I sooo agree on that it really has no relevance...So why are you fantasizing about two men kissing?

Okay, let's get some things straight.

You're for use of homosexuality, I'm strongly not.
Every time I've tried to dismiss the subject, you've brought it back for some odd reason. You know what? You're just blustering again. And I'm perfectly straight, thank you very much.

And yet you somehow get the idea that I, not you, enjoy watching men kissing. Your logic is absolutely nonexistant.
quote:
That was you riight... ( I'm serieusly pissing my pants right now you're a funny guy but i ain't mad at ya you can go fantasize about kissing men all you want it's the internet you're girlfriend isn't gonna know about it ...Do you even have a girlfriend.. laughing laughing )

Oh, my, you're wetting yourself. Now, now.
Go clean it up, seriously. If you find any of this funny, then you're more idiotic than I thought.

How is this relevant? It isn't. You're drowning here and trying to throw out completely deranged insults just to annoy your opponents. And I am straight. Jesus Christ.

I don't find it annoying as much as I find it pathetic.

Once again, 0/5 for originality.

quote:
Stick to the subject????ow no you didn't eek!
You where the one who started about kissing men the thread wasn't even about that.. So why don't you listen to you're own advice..
I just said the word gay and you're fantasizing about two men having sex?? g*damn you s*ck really mature G reeaaalyy mature...

Oh yes, I did.

Seriously, what is the point of all these snide little sidesnips? To make you feel better? Well, whatever floats your boat.

I slipped it in there as an satirical example. Know your literary terms. If you actually think I meant that seriously then you need to read my posts more carefully.
quote:
The greatest wizard of the world was gay so what? There are worst things in the world than being gay it's 2007 nobody's gonna give a godd*mn f*ck especialy not JK godd*mn she's rich and she does whatever the f*ck she wants not what some caveman from the midle of nowhere think about the desicions she makes in her books.. Last time i've checked England was a free country she can write whatever the f*ck she wants to and hey everything on this forum that's about the storyline of the 7th Harry Potter book is premature unles you where blessed with the first sample of the book... laughing out loud gues it's time for someone to take his head out of his own ass and take a look in the world nowadays instead of boring people by saying absolutly nothing wink

There are worse things than being gay, yeah. Tell me something I don't know for once. And it still doesn't change anything. Homosexuality is still too inappropriate a subject to insert into something like Harry Potter. It doesn't matter if it's 2007 or 2003. If it's inappropriate for anyone in the intended age group, it shouldn't be there.

She writes whatever she wants?. No shit. However, it's the response to her writing that will make the most impact and that's what's on Bloomsbury and Rowling's mind. Just because it's a "free country" doesn't mean you don't get people pounding at your front door for making a poor decision. No excuse.

Get real. None of the trio, as far as we know, have lost their virginity and they're turning 17. No concept of sexuality yet. Not even close. Romance maybe. And if she hasn't done that, what the hell makes you think she'll throw a bombshell concept like homosexuality into the mix? Totally uncalled for.

You're saying that it'll be boring if gayness not in there?

Not long ago you were blustering that you were actually hoping that it wouldn't be on there.
Not long ago, you were also accusing me and Barker of being gay.

Try not to be such a hypocrite.
quote:
And i'f you don't like surprising storylines suspense and originaltity go read Winnie the Poe or a gay magazine..Because you like seing gay men kissing hey girlfriend laughing

Your idea of "originality" and "suspense" is restricted to having homosexuality inserted into a book? Oh, please. You wouldn't know a good book if it hit you on the head at this rate. There are more and better methods of having those two elements in a Potter book without the inappropriate trash.
quote:
Sorry but when i'm reading a book like Harry Potter i like being got off guard i like surprises instead of constaly knowing what's gonna happen gues that would become really boring ..

You seem to be pretty sure that it'll be in the seventh.

Yet you'll still be caught off guard if it is.

*cough* Hypocrisy *cough*

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 11:23 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aqua-pimp

quote:
This is supposed to be a debate, my shortsighted impudent friend. And yet, here you are throwing completely off-topic insults about others who oppose your sense of view like a foolish little child throwing toy bowling pins at the neighbour.

Two words: grow up.

No no no, it's you who's pathetic. Not only do you accuse him of being gay and an extremely perverted one at that, which was entirely uncalled for, you did it to me as well. Tell me, is that the only comeback you can muster? Take an originality pill for once. Not once have you given back a true and clearly expressed point, with backing arguments to be debated. You're just slinging barbs around, that's what you're doing.

Oh, and stop making childish little assumptions about his own sex life as well. That's his business and none of yours. Kindly mind your own bloody business, thank you very much.

Don't start with the off topic crap because you're two men kissing comment was really inmature and off topic and gave me the logical impression you where gay ...
And yes this is supposed to be a debate so debate bring in facts instead of insults because i'm laughing my ass off because of you're very original insults gues now i know who took the last orginaltity pill.. happy
But to be on topic you've still didn't gave me a good reason why homosexuality is impossible you've only came with insults and b*llsh*t and of course i'm gonna diss you what the hell did you expect cool

Damn look at the controversy iv'e created by making this thread i'f i was Jk i would of made money outta you DarkC.. and other fools who think gay people are pink demons from hell laughing

cool

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 11:31 PM
Aqua-pimp

quote:
SHE ALREADY PUT A CONTROVERSIAL SUBJECT MATTER LIKE RACISM IN HER BOOK GIVE ME ONE GOOD REASON WHY SHE WOULN'T PUT ANOTHER CONTROVERSIAL SUBJECT LIKE HOMOSEXUALTITY IN HER BOOKS???? AL WHAT YOU'VE GIVING ME TILL NOW IS SH*T OF THE HIGHEST ORDER ..

No, you're not quite getting it.

That's a cleverly disguised form of racism. We both know that the definition of a Mudblood is someone with heritage of Muggle ancestry. The thing about it is, do you see racism as we know it in our world? No. Anything about whites vs blacks? None, zip and zilch. Nada. You can't exactly get in trouble for calling someone a Mudblood, but you can get in trouble for calling someone ******/chink/etc.

Her concern is; she doesn't want to see little Sally run off to school and call her teacher, who happens to be a black, a ****** just for the heck of it. She teaches the general concept, yet not encourage kids to go running around sowing anti-Black sentiments.

However, what you suggested is much more direct. There's no disguising homosexuality, it is what it is and it's stagnant. It's not exactly something that you can sugar up.
What kind of impact do you think having one of their greatest Magical heroes as a homosexual will have on very young readers?
What kind of trouble do you think she'll get into with Bloomsbury for pulling off that kind of stunt?

Think about it, if his death caused a huge uproar, finding out he's gay will be like a firestorm in midsummer.

quote:
I'f it's so moronic why couldn't you give me a good reason why it's moronic?And how do you know it'll never happen or did you've already read book 7.. And for the record it's youre problem i'f you feel strongly against my idea i like a good debate myself unfortunatly you're not really good in that

Hahahahahahahahaha!!

You're accusing me of not providing the facts. Oh, that's a good one.

As far as I know, I have backed up my statements and claims and have provided reasonable arguments. You? You keep blustering on about how "It's 2007, let's all go and insert homosexuality in any type of media we can get our hands on"!

Rowling says: "Snape was loved."
And from that, somehow, you say: "OMFG It's Dumbledore!"

Oh, it's not up to you to decide which is the better debator in this argument. Nor is it up to me. It's up to the onlookers. And it looks like I've garnered more support than you have. How many supporters do you have? Oh yeah, none. Nil.

quote:

Okay, let's get some things straight.

You're for use of homosexuality, I'm strongly not.
Every time I've tried to dismiss the subject, you've brought it back for some odd reason. You know what? You're just blustering again. And I'm perfectly straight, thank you very much.

And yet you somehow get the idea that I, not you, enjoy watching men kissing. Your logic is absolutely nonexistant.

quote:
That was you riight... ( I'm serieusly pissing my pants right now you're a funny guy but i ain't mad at ya you can go fantasize about kissing men all you want it's the internet you're girlfriend isn't gonna know about it ...Do you even have a girlfriend.. )

Oh, my, you're wetting yourself. Now, now.
Go clean it up, seriously. If you find any of this funny, then you're more idiotic than I thought.

How is this relevant? It isn't. You're drowning here and trying to throw out completely deranged insults just to annoy your opponents. And I am straight. Jesus Christ.

I don't find it annoying as much as I find it pathetic.

Once again, 0/5 for originality.

quote:
Stick to the subject????ow no you didn't

Oh yes, I did.

Seriously, what is the point of all these snide little sidesnips? To make you feel better? Well, whatever floats your boat.

I slipped it in there as an satirical example. Know your literary terms. If you actually think I meant that seriously then you need to read my posts more carefully.

quote:
The greatest wizard of the world was gay so what? There are worst things in the world than being gay it's 2007 nobody's gonna give a godd*mn f*ck especialy not JK godd*mn she's rich and she does whatever the f*ck she wants not what some caveman from the midle of nowhere think about the desicions she makes in her books.. Last time i've checked England was a free country she can write whatever the f*ck she wants to and hey everything on this forum that's about the storyline of the 7th Harry Potter book is premature unles you where blessed with the first sample of the book... gues it's time for someone to take his head out of his own ass and take a look in the world nowadays instead of boring people by saying absolutly nothing

There are worse things than being gay, yeah. Tell me something I don't know for once. And it still doesn't change anything. Homosexuality is still too inappropriate a subject to insert into something like Harry Potter. It doesn't matter if it's 2007 or 2003. If it's inappropriate for anyone in the intended age group, it shouldn't be there.

She writes whatever she wants?. No shit. However, it's the response to her writing that will make the most impact and that's what's on Bloomsbury and Rowling's mind. Just because it's a "free country" doesn't mean you don't get people pounding at your front door for making a poor decision. No excuse.

Get real. None of the trio, as far as we know, have lost their virginity and they're turning 17. No concept of sexuality yet. Not even close. Romance maybe. And if she hasn't done that, what the hell makes you think she'll throw a bombshell concept like homosexuality into the mix? Totally uncalled for.

You're saying that it'll be boring if gayness not in there?

Not long ago you were blustering that you were actually hoping that it wouldn't be on there.
Not long ago, you were also accusing me and Barker of being gay.

Try not to be such a hypocrite.

quote:
And i'f you don't like surprising storylines suspense and originaltity go read Winnie the Poe or a gay magazine..Because you like seing gay men kissing hey girlfriend

Your idea of "originality" and "suspense" is restricted to having homosexuality inserted into a book? Oh, please. You wouldn't know a good book if it hit you on the head at this rate. There are more and better methods of having those two elements in a Potter book without the inappropriate trash.

quote:

You seem to be pretty sure that it'll be in the seventh.

Yet you'll still be caught off guard if it is.

*cough* Hypocrisy *cough*

Woow DarkC that's a whole lotta b*llsh*t you've written therehappy I'ma gonna read that in the morning doh some of us still have social lives you know unlike some of us.. wink *cough* DarkC*cough*
Maybe i'll bother reading it tomorow when i have the time you made me laugh more than enough today big grin

goodnight

cool

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 11:39 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Woow DarkC that's a whole lotta b*llsh*t you've written therehappy I'ma gonna read that in the morning doh some of us still have social lives you know unlike some of us.. wink *cough* DarkC*cough*
Maybe i'll bother reading it tomorow when i have the time you made me laugh more than enough today big grin

goodnight

cool

Hahahahahaha!

Translation: "Goddamn it, you wrote too much and I'm too damn lazy to do it now."

Who do you think you're trying to bullshit here, seriously. Do yourself a favour and don't bluster like that.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 11:50 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Don't start with the off topic crap because you're two men kissing comment was really inmature and off topic and gave me the logical impression you where gay ...

You didn't even read my own post. Next time read my post before responding. You're not justifying any of your gay accusation bullshit either.

Did I not say that I merely tossed that one in as a satirical example? Yes I did. It wasn't meant to be taken seriously, yet someone with a severe lack of common sense like you apparently just did. Next time you post something, read between the lines to make sure it makes sense first. And stop the meaningless insulting, tis' making you appear to be as mature as a twelve year old.

quote:
And yes this is supposed to be a debate so debate bring in facts instead of insults because i'm laughing my ass off because of you're very original insults gues now i know who took the last orginaltity pill.. happy

Hahahahaha, you tried calling me and Barker gay, completely out of context, and yet you're whining to me about me throwing out the insults? You know why I'm throwing em' right back in your face? Because I detest unruly people calling me a gay, that's why.

Again, hypocrisy reeks on you, badly. Go take a good shower.

No, you've got it wrong again, I'm not exactly putting time and effort into making up these little snob eddies to throw my opponent off. You're still throwing insults around like a child yet to go through puberty. If you want to be more respected, don't throw extreme wildcards like that.
quote:
But to be on topic you've still didn't gave me a good reason why homosexuality is impossible you've only came with insults and b*llsh*t and of course i'm gonna diss you what the hell did you expect cool

Oh, please.

I know each and every one of your points, and you have not the brains to catch any of mine. How very immature and shortsighted. Read again between the lines if you want to grow in terms of intelligence, really.

Oh, that gives you leeway to call me gay, because you don't like me.
That's not how it works here, kid.
quote:
Originally posted by Aqua-lord
Damn look at the controversy iv'e created by making this thread i'f i was Jk i would of made money outta you DarkC.. and other fools who think gay people are pink demons from hell laughing

cool

Controversy? What controversy? It hasn't actually been done yet and it's rather one sided right now, don't go thinking it's a controversy just yet. Try to be politically correct for once.

No, you're wrong yet again. I don't oppose gays by themselves, but I oppose the concept itself being put into a children's book. Please tell me you weren't so ignorant as to not see that.

God, the ignorance of some people these days; God, deliver us from evil. And by evil I mean stupidity.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2007 12:05 AM
Nickey
Fallen Angel

I'm not gonna start anything like usually do this time.

No offense, but J.K. Rowling would never put that stuff in a children's book. It's not appropriate for kids our age. I mean, it's true we all know about it, but that doesn't mean it has to be everywhere you turn. We already know about people being gay. Why ruin such a good book by doing that?

I'm not trying to offended anyone. angel
I'm just saying that it wouldn't be something parents would let their kids read. Some parents don't even want their kids to read Harry Potter books because they think it talks about the devil, and how good he is blah blah blah.
So imagine if J.K. Rowling were to do that, imagine how many disappointed kids there would be. erm

P.S. I hope no one is offended by my opinion. I don't mean anything by it. Please don't take it as an insult. Thank you! big grin

Thanks Neha for the sig!

Old Post Feb 8th, 2007 12:19 AM
Nickey is currently offline Click here to Send Nickey a Private Message Find more posts by Nickey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Exactly! Simply because we're embracing a newer, radical culture does not mean that gayness should be expressed in anything possible media-wise. Potter books are fine without it.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2007 12:23 AM
Nickey
Fallen Angel

Originally posted by DarkC
Exactly! Simply because we're embracing a newer, radical culture does not mean that gayness should be expressed in anything possible media-wise. Potter books are fine without it.

Thanks for agreeing! big grin

Thanks Neha for the sig!

Old Post Feb 8th, 2007 12:24 AM
Nickey is currently offline Click here to Send Nickey a Private Message Find more posts by Nickey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Originally posted by Nickey
Thanks for agreeing! big grin

No problem.

Yeah, I just think it's really unnecessary to promote homosexuality in this kind of fashion. It's appalling.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2007 01:18 AM
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by Nickey
I'm not gonna start anything like usually do this time.

No offense, but J.K. Rowling would never put that stuff in a children's book. It's not appropriate for kids our age. I mean, it's true we all know about it, but that doesn't mean it has to be everywhere you turn. We already know about people being gay. Why ruin such a good book by doing that?

I'm not trying to offended anyone. angel
I'm just saying that it wouldn't be something parents would let their kids read. Some parents don't even want their kids to read Harry Potter books because they think it talks about the devil, and how good he is blah blah blah.
So imagine if J.K. Rowling were to do that, imagine how many disappointed kids there would be. erm

P.S. I hope no one is offended by my opinion. I don't mean anything by it. Please don't take it as an insult. Thank you! big grin
Originally posted by DarkC
What they said.

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Feb 8th, 2007 02:44 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

As if homosexuality needs to prove a point, right? Anyone who suggests it should be represented everywhere possible is basically implying that it's not yet socially accepted. Which is rude.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Feb 8th, 2007 07:52 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unicor777
Hogwarts Cafe MANAGER

perhaps you ppl should open a separate thread on homosexuality in Harry Potter novels, cause like this you are going completelly out of topic, and you might get some ppl distrurbed. Especially those who are attracted by the title, they come here and see something completely diferent.

$$$REMEMBER DUMBLEDORE$$$

R.I.P Headmaster Severus Snape

Take the portkey

GRYFFINDOR MALE PREFECT

Tigg, RebPhoe, Maika, Rogue, Sarant, ADarksideJedi, MUSC

Old Post Feb 9th, 2007 01:44 PM
Unicor777 is currently offline Click here to Send Unicor777 a Private Message Find more posts by Unicor777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Originally posted by Unicor777
perhaps you ppl should open a separate thread on homosexuality in Harry Potter novels, cause like this you are going completelly out of topic, and you might get some ppl distrurbed. Especially those who are attracted by the title, they come here and see something completely diferent.

Ok, but the title is already suggestive of a discussion regarding homosexuality and Dumbledore/Snape, which this thread is filled with. Why open another thread?

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Feb 10th, 2007 05:01 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote