KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars: Force Unleashed

Force Unleashed?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
It'll be very good! 41 73.21%
It'll be ok.. 10 17.86%
It's gonna suck 5 8.93%
Total: 56 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Star Wars: Force Unleashed
Started by: Tengu

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tengu
Mr. Throwback

Star Wars: Force Unleashed

I'm sure you guys have heard about it and seen the teaser. But, now their is actually more out about it, and thier nice concept art pics, and little tidbits of the story, on the official Lucarts website ( which has taken on a new sleek look i have noticed thumb up ). Bacisally you take the role of Vader's "Secret Apprentice" and you help him wipe out the remaining jedi....

Go to the lucacsarts website, for little pics and stuff

i'm wondering what you guys think of the game, I personally think it might be a little gay story-wise, but gameplay and new story will make for a fun game. The teaser obviously made them look overpowered and we prolly wont see too much a diffrence in the game, but what do you guys think? i say it'll be pretty cool

Simply Put...Ya Dig?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 07:51 AM
Click here to Send Tengu a Private Message Find more posts by Tengu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Well, it seems like the technology in the game will be great. I guess my concerns are more concerning shallowness of gameplay and length.

Mygeeto, Felucia, Raxus Prime, nice to see them getting some attention.

My question is, if you are Vaders apprentice, why do you spend your time kicking the sh*t out of stormies.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 03:41 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tengu
Mr. Throwback

i don't know? i thought the teaser was pretty misleading for the revealed storyline. But thats probably the rebel jedi who're doing all that. Either way im intrested in seeing the planets and the environment. Thats one of my favorite aspects of a game, especially with today's technology. And some of it seems to cross with canon story bits. Like im not a 100% sure, but didn't Shaak Ti die in episode 3. Im sure its debateable how she died, but didnt she though. Their is a concept art pic of her on the website, which leads me to think she will be in the game.

Tech for this game will be amazing thumb up thumb up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWpmQzYWI44

Simply Put...Ya Dig?

Last edited by Tengu on Feb 25th, 2007 at 04:33 PM

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 04:24 PM
Click here to Send Tengu a Private Message Find more posts by Tengu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Tech is awesome, but it still doesn't make a game. I have yet to see lucas arts make a truely exciting lightsaber combat game.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 05:19 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Styles
Papa Bear

Shaak Ti's death was taken out of ROTS, she will be alive and a boss character in this game.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 06:00 PM
Click here to Send Dr. Styles a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Styles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

or maybe she will just be a side character.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 06:47 PM
Dr. Styles
Papa Bear

In the new Game Informer, this game is the cover story and its confirmed inside she will be a boss and shows art work of her controlling mutated Rancors.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 07:05 PM
Click here to Send Dr. Styles a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Styles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tengu
Like im not a 100% sure, but didn't Shaak Ti die in episode 3. Im sure its debateable how she died, but didnt she though. Their is a concept art pic of her on the website, which leads me to think she will be in the game.

Tech for this game will be amazing thumb up thumb up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWpmQzYWI44

Shaak Ti isn't the only Togruta is the universe

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 09:54 PM
Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

As I talked about in the VG forum, this game is wayyy over the top with the powers and what-not, and I suspect this betrays an underlying issue to concentrate on such stuff at the expense of gameplay. Certainly the way they are advertising your magic powers worries me.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 12:08 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Originally posted by Ushgarak
As I talked about in the VG forum, this game is wayyy over the top with the powers and what-not, and I suspect this betrays an underlying issue to concentrate on such stuff at the expense of gameplay. Certainly the way they are advertising your magic powers worries me.

Took the words out of my mouth sad

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 04:06 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

The video looks preety cool, but you have to agree with Ush here. This game will probably focus on the force powers, while lacking things such as story depth, and etc... Well, I gues we're going to have to see.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 05:28 PM
Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy1201
Me, obviously

i agree with ush and i think lucas arts just trying to show of impressive tech in my opinion

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 05:47 PM
Click here to Send Fishy1201 a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy1201 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marxman
Resident Communist

Its on the 360, Ush. What do you expect. They're going to utilize the 360's power and make this game look as good as possible.
Originally posted by Alliance
My question is, if you are Vaders apprentice, why do you spend your time kicking the sh*t out of stormies.
Maybe as Vader's secret apprentice you have problems. If its a secret than they don't know about you and thus see you as another Jedi. If they do kno about you, maybe Palp doesn't like it and orders that you be taken out, to make sure Vader doesn't get any funny ideas.

Last edited by Marxman on Feb 26th, 2007 at 06:06 PM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 06:00 PM
Click here to Send Marxman a Private Message Find more posts by Marxman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tengu
Mr. Throwback

i still think those are just the rogue jedi your going to deal with in the game, especially if according to AcStyles Shaak Ti is going be a boss in the game. But looking at today's market, alot of games are geared towards flashy ordinance and explosions, espiecially with the arrival of the PS3 and Xbox 360. So you gotta expect some sort of trend of games. While it may compromise the depth and concept of the game it's more or less something to be expected.

Simply Put...Ya Dig?

Last edited by Tengu on Feb 26th, 2007 at 09:23 PM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 09:21 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Nah, the market's always been like that; people have been making similar commentary since Scooby Doo came out on the Spectrum.

Lucasarts used to create games based off their film franchises with true love and care. Now those days seem to be gone.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 11:23 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Too bad it wouldn't be out for the PS3... Then they could make some REAL graphics and AI. PS3 Proccesor owns :P

There are still some games that I love, such as the Jedi Knight's trilogy. I absolutely loved the Dark Force trilogy and "Jedi Outcast."

Today's games seem to be all about the better the graphics or more powerful. But the storyline is what catches people attentions, thats why some games that are really old right now, are still played throughout the world...

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 11:38 PM
Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I do indeed miss those days. Shadows of the Empire, anyone? Ridiculously fun game.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 02:02 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Haha, yeah, I loved that game too. My favorite part was the battle at hoth, but the encounter with Fett was preety cool too :P

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 02:06 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Originally posted by Ushgarak

Yes, I have that feeling too. Sure realistic materials and AI is great, but at the end of the day its no substitute for story.

I feel LucasArts needs to develop a good lighsaber combat game.

360pwns.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 02:24 AM
Count Makashi
Count Dookus number 1 fan

Originally posted by Spidervlad
Too bad it wouldn't be out for the PS3... Then they could make some REAL graphics and AI. PS3 Proccesor owns :P

What do you mean it wont be out for PS3, because if you check on the official site it says next generation consoles, do you have some new information?

By the way PS3 pwns.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 11:44 AM
Click here to Send Count Makashi a Private Message Find more posts by Count Makashi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote