KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Spider-Man Respect Thread (Updated)

Spider-Man Respect Thread (Updated)
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

No, I have 2000+ NOW. stick out tongue

The finished thread will have AT LEAST 5000+ from my calculations. smile

Biggest problem is to host them somewhere...probably make their size a bit smaller with Imageshack.

Last edited by DarkCrawler on Feb 27th, 2007 at 10:06 AM

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 10:03 AM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
No, I have 2000+ NOW. stick out tongue

The finished thread will have AT LEAST 5000+ from my calculations. smile

Biggest problem is to host them somewhere...probably make their size a bit smaller with Imageshack.

As long as you make sure the text is still readable or accompany each scan with an explanation....

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 04:20 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Shite, that's some work....

And yeah, Imageshack > other sites, for the most part.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 08:34 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Originally posted by Soljer
As long as you make sure the text is still readable or accompany each scan with an explanation....
Oh yeah, I will do that. I'll organize them too, in chronological order, impressiveness order and feat type order...because of the 15 minute editing limit of KMC I will most likely post it at SHC so I can add links from the original post to each section.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2007 02:10 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jade Lightning

I know this is just a preview image, but it shows peter launching a jeep at least three or four stories up into the window where the sniper is hiding... check it out with this link to IGN.

http://comics.ign.com/index/feature...urn_all=is_true

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2007 08:05 PM
Jade Lightning is currently offline Click here to Send Jade Lightning a Private Message Find more posts by Jade Lightning Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evolve
KMC Herald

Damn...now I just remembered, I should of saved my file of: What if Aunt May was Spiderman comic. LOL

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2007 03:42 AM
Evolve is currently offline Click here to Send Evolve a Private Message Find more posts by Evolve Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4574/scan00110uy1.jpg

Spiderman receives a bit of training from the best.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 11:57 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doctorstrongbad

Originally posted by Ethereal
Damn...now I just remembered, I should of saved my file of: What if Aunt May was Spiderman comic. LOL

What is that? I've never heard of that comic before.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 07:28 PM
doctorstrongbad is currently offline Click here to Send doctorstrongbad a Private Message Find more posts by doctorstrongbad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Well, I am taking a small break from the making of the thread, and noticed many examples of how much formidable Spider-Man has grown over the years, in both strength, skills, speed and such...here is one of my favorites.

Spider-Man VS Scorpion, circa 1965...Spider-Man gets beat in three pages...
http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/...rabilitytn2.jpg
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/...ability2lp2.jpg
http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/...rabilityjy6.jpg

Spider-Man VS Scorpion circa 1994...the exact opposite happens, only Spider-Man does it in MUCH more badass way. In closed space, no less.
http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/...18fight1nr6.jpg
http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/80...18fight2vs9.jpg
http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/31...18fight3wf4.jpg

"If you insist...b*tch". stick out tongue

Tom DeFalco wrote nice Spidey.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 08:20 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

They referenced his inexperience a few times in old ASM issues to justify those poor showings.

But also, yes, he was written much <<< his more recent self. Everyone gave him trouble back then. Hell, reading ASM #'s 1-50 is akin to reading a Spidey Disrespect Thread.....he does a lot of thing for the first time, but there's lots of low showings as well.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the art on the '94 fight, but it's obviously a sweet showing for him.

...sometime soon, I'll post another Scorpion fight he had that I absolutely loved (even though he doesn't "win" the fight).

smile

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 08:50 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

I like the art myself. Gives it an badass feel. smile

It's not with just Scorpion, though. Dock Ock, Shocker, Lizard, Electro...every one of his classic villains minus Norman get beat in span of few pages (unless they get upgrades and such).

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 08:56 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
I like the art myself. Gives it an badass feel. smile

It's not with just Scorpion, though. Dock Ock, Shocker, Lizard, Electro...every one of his classic villains minus Norman get beat in span of few pages (unless they get upgrades and such).

Right. In my original thread, after a few Goblin beatdowns, I wrote something like "We begin to see that he's not a real threat to Spidey physically. Just a threat to Peter's loved ones."

But yeah, Spidey out-grew the majority of his rogues gallery quite a while ago. There's only a few that can really hang with him consistently (the symbiotes, new Electro, Morlun, can't think of others right now....there might be 1 or 2 more).

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 09:02 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Yep, Spidey doesn't even need to get pissed off at them. It's just routine these days. He's becoming a literal boogeyman to them.
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 09:10 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Wicked.

I also have some updates coming soon. And I think I'm going to post most of ASM #500. Considering how many fights he went through in succession in that issue, it's an insanely sweet endurance/stamina/strength/durability feat.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 10:05 PM
Morridini
Morridini

Great job, keep it up.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 10:14 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

spiderman is pretty sweet, that new suit rocks

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 10:24 PM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Wicked.

I also have some updates coming soon. And I think I'm going to post most of ASM #500. Considering how many fights he went through in succession in that issue, it's an insanely sweet endurance/stamina/strength/durability feat.

Yep, pretty much every fight he has ever fought. smile

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 09:21 AM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

By the way, you know what is the absolute worst part of making a respect thread?

Reading through the awful, AWFUL 90's period of Marvel Comics, with HORRIBLE art, cheesy plots, stupid gun-toting EXTREEEME villain of the week, butchering of the different characterization and sickening coloring. There are some comics so bad that I skip through them or just refuse to read them outright, so I might miss a feat or two. Anyone who has enough bravery can go through them and post them...

...Clone saga. Ugh.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 04:21 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by DigiMark007
And yeah, Imageshack > other sites, for the most part.
Persoanlly, I prefer photobucket simply because you can upload 20 scans at a time.

It's alot quicker, and for me, quicker is better lol.

And btw.... I am anxiuos to see this spidey thread you're putting together DC! thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 14th, 2007 at 04:50 PM

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 04:42 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Cool. big grin

If everything goes REALLY well, I expect it to be finished in two weeks. Probably going to have less scans then I expected - Spidey doesn't seem to do much in some issues, but still over 3000+ scans at least - twice as much as the Spawn one (I am using it as a benchmark since it is still the most awesome Respect Thread I have ever seen) so it should be the biggest Respect Thread in internet.

Until someone does full Superman or Batman Respect thread, of course...those two are probably the only ones with the appearence list to rival or (In Superman's case) beat Spider-Man's.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 06:18 PM