KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » The Final Word From The Producers Regarding Batman And Welling In The Suit

The Final Word From The Producers Regarding Batman And Welling In The Suit
Started by: ~JP~

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

Well, I believe it's because of one of the agreements from the lawsuit between DC Comics and Superman co-creator Jerry Siegel back in the 60s and 70s.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2007 01:53 AM
Dan-El is currently offline Click here to Send Dan-El a Private Message Find more posts by Dan-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Re: Re: Re: The Final Word From The Producers Regarding Batman And Welling In The Sui

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ~JP~
Accept it as these are the facts.

What facts.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 9th, 2007 07:52 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
davood
Lana Hater

hey clark how do you feel today?

clar: i feel super thanks for asking

ok then well call you superman

(anyone get the southpark reference will get the joke)

Old Post Mar 18th, 2007 03:50 PM
davood is currently offline Click here to Send davood a Private Message Find more posts by davood Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

Wait... are you calling Clark gay?

Old Post Mar 18th, 2007 05:25 PM
Dan-El is currently offline Click here to Send Dan-El a Private Message Find more posts by Dan-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

Originally posted by Amazon
I guess that makes sense. Still I don't like the outfit. Everything else about superman has been updated over the years I figured they would want to update the outfit. At least a little.
It has been changed over the years from silver to golden age and post crisis etc. Only small things like his S logo, his cape, subtle changes in colour from writer to writer and he had long hair after he came back from the dead lol. Imo it's not something you change with a character like Superman, his costume is almost iconic and he would not be Superman if it was dramatically changed.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2007 05:41 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

All I can say is Welling better be in the suit, even if its for like 10 seconds, otherwise I'll personally assassinate the producers of the show and Welling himself.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Mar 18th, 2007 08:49 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
davood
Lana Hater

Originally posted by Dan-El
Wait... are you calling Clark gay?

kekekeke

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 12:07 AM
davood is currently offline Click here to Send davood a Private Message Find more posts by davood Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Amazon

Originally posted by Magee
It has been changed over the years from silver to golden age and post crisis etc. Only small things like his S logo, his cape, subtle changes in colour from writer to writer and he had long hair after he came back from the dead lol. Imo it's not something you change with a character like Superman, his costume is almost iconic and he would not be Superman if it was dramatically changed.

I know it's iconic but still... I mean it doesn't have to be skin tight. confused And since smallville takes place in modern day times... not the 70's. He'd have to have something to cover his face in order to make it believable. At the moment he's too fast even for video camera's to get a good look. So if that's the case he won't even need a suit. If they can catch him on film then he will need a mask or else someone will figure out it's him. Smallville has in the past insulted everyone's intelligence but they've come up with at least a lame ass excuse. What lame ass excuse could they come up with in the modern day and age about why the he would need a suit when cameras can't pick him up, or why there is no mask when a camera can pick him up. Let me guess, the camera always somehow manages not to catch his face. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Last edited by Amazon on Mar 24th, 2007 at 09:19 AM

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 09:17 AM
Amazon is currently offline Click here to Send Amazon a Private Message Find more posts by Amazon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KryptoNight

I just want to see Tom in the suit because he's an uberbabe. Sorry, but it's the damn truth.

I agree that the suit is a little strange, but it's iconic. Like, Superman without the blue suit with the underwear on the outside is anticlimactic. If Clark just flew in sans incognito it'd be like, "WTF, there's a flying, super-strong guy now? Where'd he come from? Ahh!" Chaos, pretty much Dark Thursday again (like the end of season five). In my imagination, at least. Might be a little dramatic, but hey, it's Smallville. Anything goes. ; )

But Tom could possibly make the suit look sexy. Hell, everything looks good on Tom.

--Clark

Old Post May 21st, 2007 06:59 PM
KryptoNight is currently offline Click here to Send KryptoNight a Private Message Find more posts by KryptoNight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rogy3131

Well first thing, The suit thing was prob put in the contract from Welling, if he wears the suit, he would be typecast. Look at Reeves, dean Cane, what happened to them, Adam West...All guys who couldnt get work after, cause they were branded Superman and Batman for life. Im sure that the writers would have loved to put Clark in a suit at the end, but Welling and his agent want a career after.

And besides, they always have Clark in a blue t-shirt and red jacket, and the show drops superman stuff all the time which is why I like the show. The episode were he is trying to stop that nuke missle, and you get a shot of it climbing through the air with Clark on the back. its blurred so it looks like he is in the superman suit....And the episode where the kid can see how people die, he sees superman's suit flying through space (no face of course) If that is gonna be all the "suit" they show im happy with it. besides didnt Clark once say that he could never see himself going into battle with a big "S" on his chest.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2007 05:45 PM
rogy3131 is currently offline Click here to Send rogy3131 a Private Message Find more posts by rogy3131 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Dan-El
What about this one? Is this one ridiculous looking too? I love it!

(please log in to view the image)

I would rather see him in a superboy suit.

Attachment: superboy.jpg
This has been downloaded 35 time(s).

PWNT

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2007 09:24 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

It would be cool to see Lil' Lobo or Slo-Bo in Smallville too. I'll post pictures.

Attachment: lil'lobo.jpg
This has been downloaded 37 time(s).

PWNT

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2007 09:25 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Heres slo-bo.

Attachment: slobo.jpg
This has been downloaded 38 time(s).

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Jun 22nd, 2007 at 09:29 PM

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2007 09:26 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Well I guess since they have messed up royally Superman origin, Putting him in the red abnd blue tights won't matter. Thing is it should matter because seeing Clark Kent finally donning those tights will finally make the tv show a lot better and have a big send-off. I am not sure on this, but isn't next season, Smallvilles last?

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2007 10:45 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Amazon

As hot as Tom welling is I don't really wanna see his package through red underware over top of a skin tight blue suit. There's good sexy and bad sexy hehe

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2007 02:25 AM
Amazon is currently offline Click here to Send Amazon a Private Message Find more posts by Amazon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Amazon
As hot as Tom welling is I don't really wanna see his package through red underware over top of a skin tight blue suit. There's good sexy and bad sexy hehe

But that would complete Welling's transformation into an iconic character.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2007 07:12 AM
davood
Lana Hater

in 20 years when they bend over and pinch out.... i mean remake all the classics i bet there will be a gay superman, "lois" will be some swedish guy with a gotee, and clark will be in drag and nobody will know that hes actually a dude except as superman.

Last edited by davood on Jun 25th, 2007 at 04:13 AM

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 04:10 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by davood
in 20 years when they bend over and pinch out.... i mean remake all the classics i bet there will be a gay superman, "lois" will be some swedish guy with a gotee, and clark will be in drag and nobody will know that hes actually a dude except as superman.

laughing laughing laughing laughing

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 07:38 PM