KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Assassin's Creed [merged]

Assassin's Creed [merged]
Started by: Koala MeatPie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (28): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Magee
So this game would be the same on ps1 as on ps3? big grin
no expression

I am looking forward to this game as well. I loved the Prince of Persia Series.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 06:21 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Merged threads, as there was a couple others already.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 06:51 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
lol.. that whole "can only be experienced with the power of (random system name)" is such crap

programming is programming... you either can or cant do it

I am very much looking forward to this game though.. its quite unconventional

Dude, what your saying right now IS a total pile of crap. I advice you to read up on PS3's Cell Proccesor info.

I think this game is a very crucial step for the PS3, as it will start to show PS3's possibilites. It is also announced that the PS3 will look and proccess better for the PS3 then the Xbox 360. Kinda of like the PS3 version of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion has better graphics and quality then the Xbox 360 version of Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. The graphics are smoother and stuff.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 10:31 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phat J

im sure the 360 can do it, the consoles arent that much different.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2007 04:13 AM
Phat J is currently offline Click here to Send Phat J a Private Message Find more posts by Phat J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LinixCobra
Hablo Espanol

Why do people insist this game will come out in August when on the Ubisoft website there is no information on it.

big grin-- Laughing is good happy laughing--

Old Post Mar 8th, 2007 04:45 AM
LinixCobra is currently offline Click here to Send LinixCobra a Private Message Find more posts by LinixCobra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Originally posted by Phat J
im sure the 360 can do it, the consoles arent that much different.

Wrong.

Originally posted by LinixCobra
Why do people insist this game will come out in August when on the Ubisoft website there is no information on it.

Because most websites that offer it for preorder say it's going to come out on August. The website states it's going to be in 2/4 of 3/4 of 2007.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Mar 9th, 2007 04:59 AM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LinixCobra
Hablo Espanol

For the record I go by what the company says and not what some game site says because I notice they happen to change dates (its just me)...

As for the AI being better than XBOX360.... there both the same. The only difference is that by having 1 cell processor which is equal to 8 CPUs on the PS3, they can pipe seperate coding to 8 different CPUs for a specific type of job... XBOX360 has 3 CPUs and they havent been able to utilize all 3 cores.

Gears of War only takes up about 1 core and maybe a bit of the 2nd. In general nobody in the software industry knows how to utilize more than 1 core, ask any PC expert. They may tell you "yes having 2 CPUs is better because you can run a program on 1 and use the other core for something else" yet the only thing that can run on the other core is probably minor system processing.

I have yet to see a program that shines above all else using more than 1 CPU on a dual core system. So with that in mind why would it be better than the other system?

If they have found a way to utilize something close to 8 cores (maybe not all of them) on the PS3 why couldnt they do something similar on the xbox360. Heck... Elder Scrolls 4 was amazing and has AI that is total random at times.

big grin-- Laughing is good happy laughing--

Old Post Mar 9th, 2007 05:30 AM
LinixCobra is currently offline Click here to Send LinixCobra a Private Message Find more posts by LinixCobra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Enjoy the New Trailer!

Old Post May 23rd, 2007 06:34 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Originally posted by Spidervlad
Dude, what your saying right now IS a total pile of crap. I advice you to read up on PS3's Cell Proccesor info.

I think this game is a very crucial step for the PS3, as it will start to show PS3's possibilites. It is also announced that the PS3 will look and proccess better for the PS3 then the Xbox 360. Kinda of like the PS3 version of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion has better graphics and quality then the Xbox 360 version of Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. The graphics are smoother and stuff.

oh well.. if it has you sold I guess their press agent has done their job

cha-ching~ $$$$$$$$

every developer thus far has complained about the difficulty of developing for Ps3, which tells me that there will be few games tapping its full potential

and sorry but 1 botched port doesnt have me running to buy a Ps3 smile

I play elderscrolls on PC

AI isnt as advanced in gaming as you'd like to think.. theres still too many "If" "Then" statements for the AI to efficiently think for itself

so when I see the "zomg cell CPU AI genius!!" in action.. I'll make my final decision.. right now I'm certainly not expecting much

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post May 23rd, 2007 08:12 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Looks awesome.

3 cores is perfectly fine for a game nowadays. Especially console.

Are you going to expect the AI to be better for the PS3 because of how many cores it has. Nope, they're not going to make the extra effort and something that takes a ****long time to developer (AI).

Old Post May 24th, 2007 03:03 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phat J

so no release date then?

Old Post May 24th, 2007 03:44 AM
Phat J is currently offline Click here to Send Phat J a Private Message Find more posts by Phat J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Release date has been announced.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/794/794743p1.html

November 2007.

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Jun 8th, 2007 08:16 AM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Cant wait for this, is it on PC too?

Old Post Jun 8th, 2007 08:30 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

i think it still is big grin
if so im definatly getting it, along with spore evil face

Old Post Jun 8th, 2007 09:26 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

From the 360 E3 show:

Old Post Jul 11th, 2007 04:43 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Looks good but a bit buggy. Look at the vases that some citizens were dropping, they were floating down and then simply disappearing. But they have still got 3 and a half month left to perfect it.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Jul 11th, 2007 05:25 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Morridini
Looks good but a bit buggy. Look at the vases that some citizens were dropping, they were floating down and then simply disappearing. But they have still got 3 and a half month left to perfect it.

Also that one person he killed ended up floating in mid-air.

I am confident they will work out the bugs.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2007 05:51 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Ah that's right too, probably more bugs if you go through the trailer over and over again.

But WD, I didn't watch the link earlier because I saw it in the MS conference, but you only have the first half, not the whole demonstration.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2007 06:00 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Darn E3, was about to go log off and go to bed when suddenly Assassin's Creed is up next on Gamespot's live coverage.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 12:12 AM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well those are very small bugs that aren't huge issues and will most definitely be fixed in all due time and the Floating in Mid Air Man has been fixed already.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 05:19 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote