KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Doctor Fate Respect Thread (Revamped)

Doctor Fate Respect Thread (Revamped)
Started by: Ethereal

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Evolve
KMC Herald

The Secret Origin of Doctor Fate.

History of Kent learning various magic, molecular control, a good reference. Entire issue dedicated to Fate himself. (All Star Squadron #47)

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Had molecular control over his own body...as a kid.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2007 05:00 PM
Evolve is currently offline Click here to Send Evolve a Private Message Find more posts by Evolve Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evolve
KMC Herald

Old Post Mar 30th, 2007 05:09 PM
Evolve is currently offline Click here to Send Evolve a Private Message Find more posts by Evolve Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evolve
KMC Herald

Secret Origin of Fate continued. (All Star Squadron #47)

Continuation of his fight with Wotan. Note that it was his first on panel fight (discounting training and the like with Nabu) and a good showing of his willpower and overall for Fate since he had a rather low amount of experience comparably.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 30th, 2007 05:41 PM
Evolve
KMC Herald

(Adventure Comics #462-463)

Fate tracking down Batman's killer.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Fights a water elemental.

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Fights Vaus.

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Major feat here. Dr. Fate heals a breach in the fabric of reality. Then he alters what people knew about Bruce Wayne, the memories and altering material structures.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2007 06:09 PM
Evolve
KMC Herald

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 07:48 PM
Evolve
KMC Herald

A Superman and Dr. Fate team-up. Shows a lot of Fate feats/powers. (World's Finest Comics v1#208)

Powers of magically transmutation. Fate turning a gun into mystical band handcuffs.

Superman says Fate has "knowledge older than Earth itself", he comes searching for Fate for help. (Wanting to cure him of his vulnerability to magic)

Fate casts a spell to erase everyone memories of their presence.

Fate projects the aliens psyche on a ectoplasmic screen.

Then Fate casts a spell of suspension to keep the alien in a stasis condition, and Fate then phases through a wall, giving Supes the power to do also.

Flying speed. Swiftly spans miles.

Dr. Fate fights and overcomes animated plant creatures. He then creates a giant hand magical construct.

Last edited by Evolve on Mar 31st, 2007 at 09:21 PM

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 09:06 PM
Evolve
KMC Herald

continued. (World's Finest Comics v1#208)

Constructs a large ectoplasmic wall to contain a giant tidal wave.

Probes the alien psyches of what is causing the calamities on earth.

Creates a hammer and chisel magical construct.

Dr. Fate siphons his own occult forces into Superman, making him uber. Fate gives him concentration to prevail againt the black magic.

Conjures mystic chains so Superman can pull the continents together. (Supes says he couldn't do it on his own.)

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 09:21 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Nice job on the thread. thumb up

Just wondering if you can answer a question for me?

How does Fate's helmet contain a Universe within it?

Is there any more to the story?

Thanks. smile

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 01:58 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evolve
KMC Herald

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Nice job on the thread. thumb up

Just wondering if you can answer a question for me?

How does Fate's helmet contain a Universe within it?

Is there any more to the story?

Thanks. smile

Good question.

What I have read so far on Fate, (and some may have went under the radar as I read them) is that the full helmet of fate, contains the link to the dimension (of Nabu I believe), and the helmet contains the personality of Nabu. What I know so far is that the universe/dimension that the helmet is linked to is sort of similiar to Dr. Strange's orb/(or eye) of Agamotto that carries the link to Agamotto's realm. How this works, I'm still unsure...Also, Fates half-helmet doesn't have those capabilities/powers of the full helm, nor the personality of Nabu...although I'm still reading up on him, so it this isn't 100% accurate, yet. smile

Last edited by Evolve on Apr 1st, 2007 at 04:29 AM

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 04:16 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ethereal
Good question.

What I have read so far on Fate, (and some may have went under the radar as I read them) is that the full helmet of fate, contains the link to the dimension (of Nabu I believe), and the helmet contains the personality of Nabu. What I know so far is that the universe/dimension that the helmet is linked to is sort of similiar to Dr. Strange's orb/(or eye) of Agamotto that carries the link to Agamotto's realm. How this works, I'm still unsure...Also, Fates half-helmet doesn't have those capabilities/powers of the full helm, nor the personality of Nabu...although I'm still reading up on him, so it this isn't 100% accurate, yet. smile
Cool, thanks for the help.

I don't really follow Dr. Fate, so that was already much more than I knew. laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 04:33 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evolve
KMC Herald

Note to self *reached 250 Scans mark.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 05:29 AM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Doctor Fate saves Hal's soul from being destroyed by the Spectre:

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/...veshalssoul.jpg

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Sep 9th, 2007 08:30 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The new Dr. Fate

Fate's Helm finds Kent Nelson, and once transformed into the newest incarnation of Dr. Fate, he instinctively owns a demon, with ease:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

----------

We also find that Dr. Fate has the ability to "transverse multiple plains of existence".... He even "outraced a big bang":

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

[The above scans also give us some insight into what's it's like to experience Fate's power for the first time].

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 20th, 2007 at 05:18 PM

Old Post Sep 20th, 2007 05:07 PM
Evolve
KMC Herald

thanks. thumb up

too bad most of the scans I put up got deleted off the servers laughing

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 04:44 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Meh,

Just revamp this thread again if you have the time --- And if you do revamp it, load everything through photobucket, it's your best bet.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 04:52 PM
kevdude
The Hooded Man

Very nice scans Galan. I was going to ask if someone was going to put up those scans or I'd do it. I got that comic too, and getting more interested in Dr. Fate. Was very impressed with Nabu/Dr. Fate in DoV

The Word

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 08:56 PM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

****ing good job Ethereal smile

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 09:09 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evolve
KMC Herald

Here's one for the Darkseid fanboys. smile

half-power merged Fate knocking DS on his ass.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 07:07 AM
Evolve
KMC Herald

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 07:56 AM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

That wasn't DS. That was Desaad impersonating DS. It's still a good feat though.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 08:01 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote