KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » V for Vendetta runs the Gauntlet

V for Vendetta runs the Gauntlet
Started by: braz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bean_machine
Its so hard

quote: (post)
Originally posted by braz
Ok then. besides taking 100+ bullets w/o dying and slaying 12 gunmen so fast that they cant even reload and taking down 4 British cops in close quarters who all had guns w/o getting shot once. what WOULD impress u? to see him levitate and stop time? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Well if he took 100+ bullets in the head w/o dying and slaying the 12 gunmen at FTL speeds, throw in omniversal TK, TP, and unchallanged time manipulation, then I might be impressed. JK laughing

Naw, its just that I guess I was not impressed because the British cops were not that impressive.

I guess what impresses me about a comic book hero is the feats that occur when battling a villian of equal or greater powerset, skill, etc.

V lacked a counterpart, to show off his uber-skills. Thats all.

spiderman! spiderman!

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 04:13 AM
bean_machine is currently offline Click here to Send bean_machine a Private Message Find more posts by bean_machine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

yes, I would agree that comic Punisher would beat him because thats comics. but how was movie V not impressive at all ??? I just dont see how u can think that. erm

Because all he did was mostly take out rent-a-cops , civilians and threw things at stationary targets.

THATS why his feats are unimpressive
twenty years..?? where ru getting this from.? i must've missed that in the movie.. >_>
but besides that doesnt even matter. that was just blowing up the House of Parliament. anyone would take a long time to do that.

No , the twenty years was for the WHOLE 'Vendetta'.
Ok then. besides taking 100+ bullets w/o dying and slaying 12 gunmen so fast that they cant even reload and taking down 4 British cops in close quarters who all had guns w/o getting shot once. what WOULD impress u? to see him levitate and stop time? roll eyes (sarcastic)

*sigh*

Once again , while wearing armour and in a f*cked up scene. Do you know how long it takes to reload , it takes more then a few seconds to reload a fire-arm. Some take several minutes.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 07:42 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
braz
I'm an agent of chaos...

Originally posted by grey fox
Because all he did was mostly take out rent-a-cops , civilians and threw things at stationary targets.

THATS why his feats are unimpressive

No , the twenty years was for the WHOLE 'Vendetta'.

*sigh*

Once again , while wearing armour and in a f*cked up scene. Do you know how long it takes to reload , it takes more then a few seconds to reload a fire-arm. Some take several minutes.

that is true, they were all just pawns, and werent exactly like the British SAS or anything. but still, even if they were just thugs I would say thats worthy of honorable mention. and V didnt really go all out. he could've used stealth to avoid getting shot, and he didnt(like Batman in Batman Begins). and V just didnt have a villain or anything to match him in his skills, thats what didnt really impress me now that I think about it.

but I thought the whole Vendetta took 15 years? confused

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 01:15 PM
braz is currently offline Click here to Send braz a Private Message Find more posts by braz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bean_machine
Its so hard

...and V just didnt have a villain or anything to match him in his skills, thats what didnt really impress me now that I think about it...

That is what i've been saying all along. If V were pushed by an equal counterpart maybe he would have impressed me more.

Originally posted by bean_machine
...I guess what impresses me about a comic book hero is the feats that occur when battling a villian of equal or greater powerset, skill, etc.

V lacked a counterpart, to show off his uber-skills. Thats all.

spiderman! spiderman!

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 05:26 PM
bean_machine is currently offline Click here to Send bean_machine a Private Message Find more posts by bean_machine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote