KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Stuff you May Have Missed

Stuff you May Have Missed
Started by: willofthewisp

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 7 8 [9]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
savvysparrow

Well that certainly explains a lot. I wonder who the other scapegoat will be. Hopefully not the one I'm thinking. sad

Old Post Apr 6th, 2007 12:51 AM
savvysparrow is currently offline Click here to Send savvysparrow a Private Message Find more posts by savvysparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

I don't understand the wordplayer bit. James a scapegoat? How? It's not like the others have gotten off scot-free. Will and Liz have a death threat on them and Jack's got Davy Jones stalking him. No one is in a good position here and I'm not trying to be hard on Norrington because I think he's awesome, but he chose to give Jack a head start and chose to chase him into a hurricane. He made mistakes and deserves some punishment for endangering his own men.

But to be fair, James has taken a lot of crap for being a nice guy and he's a little tired of getting the shaft for it. Who does that sound like?

Old Post Apr 6th, 2007 02:33 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surreal_44

Basically, James will make the sacrifice that the others can't in order for them to go on. I have a well-thought out explanation, but I'm too tired to post it tonight. Maybe tomorrow, if I'm up to it. big grin

~Banner made by JES, avatar made by Veronica_Rich. Thanks, girls!!~

Old Post Apr 6th, 2007 03:27 AM
Surreal_44 is currently offline Click here to Send Surreal_44 a Private Message Find more posts by Surreal_44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ericadawn
The Admiral's Lover

quote: (post)
Originally posted by savvysparrow
Well that certainly explains a lot. I wonder who the other scapegoat will be. Hopefully not the one I'm thinking. sad

There's another scapegoat other than James? Where did you get that impression?

Aww, I was just rereading my Wordplayer posts...it made me sad. I was so optimistic then for his safe return and yet both Jack and James are made to die, but it appears that only one gets to return.

Huge Thanks to SailorLeo for the banner
Speed Racer is awesome!!! Go Rays!!!

Old Post Apr 6th, 2007 03:44 AM
Ericadawn is currently offline Click here to Send Ericadawn a Private Message Find more posts by Ericadawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savvysparrow

Jack dies twice? Or are you talking about the death we know about? I think I'm confused. Ok, so Jack comes back to life after they rescue him from Purgatory. But there can only be one rescue and sadly it was not for James. That is very tragic sad

Last edited by savvysparrow on Apr 6th, 2007 at 05:07 AM

Old Post Apr 6th, 2007 05:01 AM
savvysparrow is currently offline Click here to Send savvysparrow a Private Message Find more posts by savvysparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ericadawn
The Admiral's Lover

Yes, that is my point, but it's a sad repetition in Pirates that a character can't decide on a plan of action for sure so someone decides that for him, it happens at least three times.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2007 01:45 PM
Ericadawn is currently offline Click here to Send Ericadawn a Private Message Find more posts by Ericadawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

I'm very confused..what are ya'll taking about...does Jack "die" again in AWE....adn what happens at least three time...Ericadawn....someone decides that for him....

all of this is very criptic...

Old Post Apr 6th, 2007 01:51 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savvysparrow

Originally posted by Ericadawn
Yes, that is my point, but it's a sad repetition in Pirates that a character can't decide on a plan of action for sure so someone decides that for him, it happens at least three times.

Ok, I know the major one that you're talking about in the end. And I'm assuming that one of the choices reffers to Norrington. But what is the third?

Old Post Apr 6th, 2007 05:44 PM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

"When Will wakes up after being knocked out, he looks out into the port and you can see the same girl who played the young Elizabeth sweeping at a doorway (Lucinda Dryzek)."

Anyone got COTBP? Is this true? Can we get a shot of this? I think it's kind of cool. The kid's a terrible actress, so it's nice she got to be in more shots than just the beginning.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 03:02 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ericadawn
The Admiral's Lover

Yes, she is. She's also in an episode of Dr. Who.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 03:04 AM
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

with her on again, off again accent...lmao!!!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 03:04 AM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Yeah, little Elizabeth is terrible, and she looks nothing like Keira Knightley. I wondered if it was some crew member's kid that they decided to just let them be in it. The two worst little Elizabeth moments?

1. Her "gasp" when she sees Gibbs making a hanging gesture.

2. Her "it's okay," line to little Will. Psh, I think if I were Will I would have jumped on her.

"It's okay. My name's Elizabeth Swann."

"I JUST GOT ATTACKED BY PIRATES AND ALMOST DIED! It's not okay and I don't care what your name is, you little twit. I don't even know if you're an American twit or a British twit. All I know is you are no Keira Knightley.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 03:09 AM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

Also when Elizabeth wakes up, her freckles just disappeared...

Tomb Raider fanfiction: Heaven's Wrath

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 03:14 AM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

Originally posted by willofthewisp
Yeah, little Elizabeth is terrible, and she looks nothing like Keira Knightley. I wondered if it was some crew member's kid that they decided to just let them be in it. The two worst little Elizabeth moments?

1. Her "gasp" when she sees Gibbs making a hanging gesture.

2. Her "it's okay," line to little Will. Psh, I think if I were Will I would have jumped on her.

"It's okay. My name's Elizabeth Swann."

"I JUST GOT ATTACKED BY PIRATES AND ALMOST DIED! It's not okay and I don't care what your name is, you little twit. I don't even know if you're an American twit or a British twit. All I know is you are no Keira Knightley.

ROTFLMAOSOHIHTB!!!!! Lmao laughing Omg....I dont know why but that just killed me....lmao!!! laughing

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 03:18 AM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifzensinril
Meself

Originally posted by Minie Mina
Also when Elizabeth wakes up, her freckles just disappeared...

except that one above eyebrush

A sparrabeth fanlisting love

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 04:54 AM
Sifzensinril is currently offline Click here to Send Sifzensinril a Private Message Find more posts by Sifzensinril Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Changing the subject just a little, DMC has another callback to COTBP when they're all back on the Pearl and Will wakes up after being hit with the oar (vengeance was sweet). Liz is comforting him very similarly to how she did when they were kids at the beginning of COTBP.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2007 03:37 AM
texgodiva2s
IyamwhatIyam

anyway, just noticed in DMC, when jack is talking with Elisabeth, and he says Cutler Beckett, yuck sticks his tongue way out like barfing he also reaches with his left hand over to the P scar where Beckett had him branded--Big yucko on that--bad burns, even small ones are gross--to make that P, it was a white hot press and hold burn. damn

Siggy by Savvy wink

Old Post Jun 30th, 2007 08:43 PM
texgodiva2s is currently offline Click here to Send texgodiva2s a Private Message Find more posts by texgodiva2s Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilovejack92
The rum's gone?

yeah texgod...that would be really painful, i had never really thought about that before.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2007 03:04 AM
ilovejack92 is currently offline Click here to Send ilovejack92 a Private Message Find more posts by ilovejack92 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tee_pirategirl
YoHo!YoHo!

Yeah...but it's all just good business!

BTW...

Noticed that in the last shot of Ragetti when he and Pintel and Marty ask Barbossa to show them the fountain he's carving himself another wooden eye?

Also in the last shot of Jack he's replaced th epiece of eight that he lost with a tooth like trinket. What do u think that is? A kraken tooth? lol maybe!

Also can anyone point out to me...where do we see Jack and Elizabeth's face on the charts? I'v eheard this alot but never saw it. Maybe I wasn't paying attention

Freedom...

Old Post Jul 1st, 2007 12:35 PM
tee_pirategirl is currently offline Click here to Send tee_pirategirl a Private Message Find more posts by tee_pirategirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

I can see him taking a tooth from the kraken. I mean, the guy is wearing his mom's head.

Sigh. I miss these days.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 07:13 AM