KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Ranks for MAs

Ranks for MAs
Started by: Alfheim

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (143): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Brutacus

quote: (post)
Originally posted by capt it up
deadpools...gay?

?????

Old Post Apr 8th, 2007 12:40 AM
Brutacus is currently offline Click here to Send Brutacus a Private Message Find more posts by Brutacus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

deadpools...gay?

No way, he's in love with Bea Arthur.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2007 01:05 AM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Nataku8188
No way, he's in love with Bea Arthur.

(please log in to view the image)

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2007 01:14 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AcousticDoc

How is BP not top tier? He has been able to beat or keep up with IF, Cap, DD and the other top tiers listed.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2007 01:55 AM
AcousticDoc is currently offline Click here to Send AcousticDoc a Private Message Find more posts by AcousticDoc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brutacus

Originally posted by AcousticDoc
How is BP not top tier? He has been able to beat or keep up with IF, Cap, DD and the other top tiers listed.

Maybe because he used herbs to keep in peak or enhanced human ability's, but I'm not sure.

I believe he should be up in the top tier list

Old Post Apr 8th, 2007 02:06 AM
Brutacus is currently offline Click here to Send Brutacus a Private Message Find more posts by Brutacus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Would Batman be cosmic then, having fought and either defeated or faired well against the likes of Grundy, Metallo, Mongul, Amazo, Hulk, Grodd, Hulk, Wonder Woman, Superman etc etc?

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Apr 8th, 2007 02:09 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AcousticDoc

Originally posted by Brutacus
Maybe because he used herbs to keep in peak or enhanced human ability's, but I'm not sure.

I believe he should be up in the top tier list

If so, shouldn't we use the same excuse for the other top tiers? Cap has his super soldier serum, wolverine has his healing factor to prevent fatigue, DD can fight with 360 vision from his radar and IF can amp his natural abilities by using his chi. They should all be second tier then. Why only hold BP back because of enchanments from thier powers? Cause he's black?

Old Post Apr 8th, 2007 03:28 AM
AcousticDoc is currently offline Click here to Send AcousticDoc a Private Message Find more posts by AcousticDoc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by AcousticDoc
If so, shouldn't we use the same excuse for the other top tiers? Cap has his super soldier serum, wolverine has his healing factor to prevent fatigue, DD can fight with 360 vision from his radar and IF can amp his natural abilities by using his chi. They should all be second tier then. Why only hold BP back because of enchanments from thier powers? Cause he's black?

This is about skill only.

RadarSense, SSS, HF and Chi don't come into play as far as I have gathered.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2007 03:30 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

deadpools...gay?

Well his fantasy is massaging Cable on a beach.......

Old Post Apr 8th, 2007 03:45 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Apolloknight
Your rule is at an end

Put Killmonger in top teir, Then somebody provide proof that BP isnt top tier, until then, hes top.

On another note.

Where do you guys think, Bane, Rah's al ghul, Cyclopes, "The Hand" and Red Skull should rank?

Sig by Estacado

Old Post Apr 8th, 2007 04:25 AM
Apolloknight is currently offline Click here to Send Apolloknight a Private Message Find more posts by Apolloknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by Apolloknight
Put Killmonger in top teir, Then somebody provide proof that BP isnt top tier, until then, hes top.

On another note.

Where do you guys think, Bane, Rah's al ghul, Cyclopes, "The Hand" and Red Skull should rank?

Top tier for Bane Rahs al ghul and Red Skull. Im not sure about Cyclops but apprently hes not bad H2H.

I think third tier for the hand eventhough their supposed to be ninjas Spiderman can beat hand ninjas up.

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
This is about skill only.

RadarSense, SSS, HF and Chi don't come into play as far as I have gathered.

Chi defintely comes into play beacuse that is part of MA skill. Chi is utlised in alot of Chinese and Japnese MAs.

I think you can use people powers to an extent and I dont think you can seperate their physical stats entirely from skill since part of MA is training is increasing your speed and power.

Part of what makes Wolverine good is his mutant abilities but alot of it is skill so we can ignore that, the same could be said about DD's radar sense because he combines it very well with his MA, but of course Spiderman is bottom beacuse we know alot of his fighting skill is just his superhuman stats.

So I think powers can come into play if their powers are closely linked to their MA skill and they have had extensive MA training.

Last edited by Deadline on Apr 9th, 2007 at 11:44 AM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2007 11:38 AM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

You probably need to clarify exactly how much powers can come into play, and how much the hierarchy you're making is based on skill. And apply that comparably to everyone in the list. Additionally whether weapons and tools are taken into account, in which case characters like the Green Arrows, with an abundance of trick arrows, would probably need to be listed higher than weaponless people.

Take the example of Deathstroke. He's listed as above the likes of Captain America, Shiva and Batman, but that's largely due to his physical enhancement. While someone like Spider-Man or Beast is listed in the bottom group despite their physical superiority.

That being the case does someone like Thing, who's considered moderately skilled in fighting get listed very high due to his superhuman durability and strength which supplement his skill or does he get listed in, for example, third tier solely on skill.

If you're allowing Radar Sense then not Spider-Sense? If Captain America has his shield and Elektra gets her sai, does Batman's utility belt come into play? Etc.

Basically I suggest you standardize the criteria under which you're ranking and apply it uniformly.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2007 02:52 PM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Co-signed with X. I say we throw every power and weapon out the window, and look at skill and skill alone.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Apr 9th, 2007 02:54 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
You probably need to clarify exactly how much powers can come into play, and how much the hierarchy you're making is based on skill. And apply that comparably to everyone in the list. Additionally whether weapons and tools are taken into account, in which case characters like the Green Arrows, with an abundance of trick arrows, would probably need to be listed higher than weaponless people.

I'll think about it.

Take the example of Deathstroke. He's listed as above the likes of Captain America, Shiva and Batman, but that's largely due to his physical enhancement.

Yeah im going to change that for the reasons you gave.

While someone like Spider-Man or Beast is listed in the bottom group despite their physical superiority.

Well like I said im going to move DS to second tier because he obvoulsy has MA skill but his enhancements enable him to beat people like Batman.

That being the case does someone like Thing, who's considered moderately skilled in fighting get listed very high due to his superhuman durability and strength which supplement his skill or does he get listed in, for example, third tier solely on skill.

Things goes at the bottom.

If you're allowing Radar Sense then not Spider-Sense?

Well yeah. We all know that Spiderman can beat Cap and DD but even with all his powers H2H, I know Cap will give him problems defintely

If Captain America has his shield and Elektra gets her sai, does Batman's utility belt come into play? Etc.

Basically I suggest you standardize the criteria under which you're ranking and apply it uniformly.

Well I will have to think about that.

Originally posted by Soljer
Co-signed with X. I say we throw every power and weapon out the window, and look at skill and skill alone.

On second thoughts I think I will just leave out weapons and powers. Otherwise it will get too complicated. Anyway I will think about it. As it stand it seems I have done that already mostly.

Last edited by Deadline on Apr 9th, 2007 at 03:07 PM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2007 03:05 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

List based on H2H skill. Imagine if characters were all human and then you gave them their MA skill, training and experience. Chi is defintely taken into account because that is MA technique that is taught even in the real world ie Tai Chi, Chi Kung.

Cosmic tier: (Can damage class100s with no problem)
Mantis, Gamora, Midnight Sun, Karate Kid

Uber tier: (Better than the greatest martial artists)
Stick, Gorgon, Midnighter, Karnak (mmmmmmaybe he jobs a bit).

Top tier: (Are usually given the title "is one of the greatest martial artists in the world.")
Cap, DD, Wolverine, Shang Chi, Black Panther, Batman, Deadpool, Nightwing, Red Hood, Taskmaster, Elecktra, Kingpin, Shin Kuei, Iron Fist, Lady Shiva, Batgirl, Conner Hawke, Killmonger, Bane (not sure), Ra Al ghul (not sure), Red Skull.

Second tier: (Close behind the best)
Punisher, Black Widow, USA Agent, Nick Fury, Azarel (mainly brute strength rather than skill), Bullseye, Moon Knight, Sabretooth, Night Thrasher (is very good but he does use a hyrdraulic suit...so thats cheating a bit), Deathstroke (helped alot by enhancements but still has MA skill), Robin.

Third tier: (Has MA training and experience, but not particularly good.....meh!)
Agents of Shield, Hand ninjas

Accomplished fighter: (May have alot of experience but very little formal training.
Spiderman, Luke Cage, Beast, Thing, Green Arrow

Last edited by Deadline on Apr 9th, 2007 at 03:21 PM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2007 03:19 PM
Soljer
Beware my Power

Bane is definitely moved down. As is Midnighter, if you aren't taking into account his enhancements. Nick Fury should be top-tier.

Also, I think we either need a better definition of third Tier, or to eliminate it entirely. I'd say that we could introduce a third tier, and move some of top to second, and second to third, and not worry about things like hand ninja's and Shield agents.

I mean, in second tier, there are some people that are clearly superior than to the rest there, but not as good as top tier. In top tier, same thing, some are inferior, but not quite 'second tier.'

If you get my meaning, anyways.

For example, Deadpool is skilled, but I wouldn't say he's on the level of Batman, Captain America, Connor Hawke, Shiva, and Cass. Similar for Nightwing, Black Panther, Red Hood, and Taskmaster. They're all skilled, but they couldn't really keep up with the aforementioned.

However, all the people I named are a bit better than the likes of the Punisher and US Agent, so they don't really fit in tier two, either. You're basically breaking ALL the martial artists into two tiers (since you've put no one in tier three). That hardly 'ranks' them very well.

I suggest expanding the bracket into at LEAST three, perhaps four, and putting everyone in order like that. It'd make things much cleaner, and much less polarized.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Apr 9th, 2007 03:33 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Your list. Alphabetized with spelling fixed.

Gamora, Karate Kid, Mantis, Midnight Sun

Gorgon, Stick

Top tier: (Are usually given the title "is one of the greatest martial artists in the world.")
Bane, Batgirl, Batman, Black Panther, Bronze Tiger, Captain America, Conner Hawke, Daredevil, Deadpool, Elektra, Iron Fist, Killmonger, Kingpin, Lady Shiva, Nightwing, Ra's al Ghul, Red Hood, Red Skull, Richard Dragon, Shang Chi, Shen Kuei (The Cat), Taskmaster, Wolverine

Azrael, Black Widow, Bullseye, Deathstroke, Green Arrow, Midnighter, Moon Knight, Nick Fury, Night Thrasher, Punisher, Robin, Sabretooth, US Agent

Third tier: (Has MA training and experience)
Hand Ninjas, Shield Agents

Accomplished fighter: (May have alot of experience but very little formal training.)
Beast, Luke Cage, Spider-Man, Thing

Comments:
-I've added Bronze Tiger and Richard Dragon to the Top Tier.
-Green Arrow should still be second tier, so I've moved him there. -Thing should probably be higher too.
-Moved Midnighter into Second Tier, (but without any of his enhancements I'm not sure I'd put him that high even...)
-You have far too many people in Top Tier - off the top of my head imo the following should be lowered: Bane, Black Panther (without his powers with regard to sheer skill imo he isn't on the level of Shiva, Batman, Captain America, Bronze Tiger, Richard Dragon, Shang Chi) Deadpool, Ra's al Ghul, Nightwing, Red Hood. Possibly the likes of Elektra and Daredevil too (see comment about Black Panther)
-You probably shouldn't include Hand and Shield. If you're going to have a Third Tier, you should find some third tier MAs e.g. Psylocke is probably Third Tier, and some of the Second Tier's too (once the top tier is cleaned out a bit). Thing would probably be Third Tier too. Likewise Luke Cage.
-You should really just eliminate the bottom group, if you intend to rank Martial Arts Skill there's no point in having a group where you're basically saying they don't really have any.

For reference:
DC
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego...martial_artists
Marvel
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego...martial_artists

Last edited by xmarksthespot on Apr 9th, 2007 at 03:50 PM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2007 03:41 PM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Bane is definitely moved down. As is Midnighter, if you aren't taking into account his enhancements. Nick Fury should be top-tier.

Argh thats the thing Midnighters powers are directly given to thim to increase his MA ability...but then again so is super strength. Damn it forgot about Nick. This is the thing im starting to want to cinlude powers; Ah this gives me an idea powers are only allowed if it is a result of MA training. For example Wolverines heightened sense are not included because thats just his mutant ability but Chi is beacuse thats part of MA training. Bane has good whosings against Batman wiithout venom.

Also, I think we either need a better definition of third Tier, or to eliminate it entirely. I'd say that we could introduce a third tier, and move some of top to second, and second to third,
and not worry about things like hand ninja's and Shield agents.

I'll see what everbody else thinks.

I mean, in second tier, there are some people that are clearly superior than to the rest there, but not as good as top tier. In top tier, same thing, some are inferior, but not quite 'second tier.'

If you get my meaning, anyways.

Well lets put it this way BP is staying in top tier because evidence has been given to me that he is.

For example, Deadpool is skilled, but I wouldn't say he's on the level of Batman, Captain America, Connor Hawke, Shiva, and Cass. Similar for Nightwing, Black Panther, Red Hood, and Taskmaster. They're all skilled, but they couldn't really keep up with the aforementioned.

Hasnt Dp beaten Wolverine on a couple of occasions and beaten Taskmaster in cuffs....ok that was PIS I think.

However, all the people I named are a bit better than the likes of the Punisher and US Agent, so they don't really fit in tier two, either. You're basically breaking ALL the martial artists into two tiers (since you've put no one in tier three). That hardly 'ranks' them very well.

I suggest expanding the bracket into at LEAST three, perhaps four, and putting everyone in order like that. It'd make things much cleaner, and much less polarized.

Punisher is staying in tier two beacuse he has good showings aaginst DD and Bullseye. US agent seems to be better than I thought because I have seen some scans of him fighting but I might change my mind about US agent.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2007 03:45 PM
Deadline

Comments:
-I've added Bronze Tiger and Richard Dragon to the Top Tier.

Cool.

-Green Arrow should still be second tier, so I've moved him there.

Are you sure? I have a comic where GA gets completely pawned by an MA on bats level. Basically the guy just presure pointed GA and he went down. People say GA is a good fighter but he seems a brawler i dunno maybe it was just a low showing. Anyway im not DC expert.

-Thing should probably be higher too.

mmmmmm. Yeah I think you're right not second tier though.

-Moved Midnighter into Second Tier, (but without any of his enhancements I'm not sure I'd put him that high even...)

Ok.

-You have far too many people in Top Tier - off the top of my head imo the following should be lowered: Bane, Black Panther (without his powers with regard to sheer skill imo he isn't on the level of Shiva, Batman, Captain America, Bronze Tiger, Richard Dragon, Shang Chi) Deadpool, Ra's al Ghul, Nightwing, Red Hood. Possibly the likes of Elektra and Daredevil too (see comment about Black Panther)
-You probably shouldn't include Hand and Shield. If you're going to have a Third Tier, you should find some third tier MAs e.g. Psylocke is probably Third Tier, and some of the Second Tier's too (once the top tier is cleaned out a bit).

MM doesnt BP have good showings agisnt Wolverine without enhancements. I think you might be right about Bane, but I thought Bane had a good fight against....oh nevermind I was thinking the same thing actually.

OK but I have a feeling you will be far more useful on the DC side of thing. Concerning DC I will probably assume you are correct.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2007 03:54 PM
Deadline

Latest version, some small changes. Thing in third tier. Bane in second tier.

Gamora, Karate Kid, Mantis, Midnight Sun

Gorgon, Stick

Batgirl, Batman, Black Panther, Bronze Tiger, Captain America, Conner Hawke, Daredevil, Deadpool, Elektra, Iron Fist, Killmonger, Kingpin, Lady Shiva, Nightwing, Ra's al Ghul, Red Hood, Red Skull, Richard Dragon, Shang Chi, Shen Kuei (The Cat), Taskmaster, Wolverine, Nick Fury

Azrael, Black Widow, Bullseye, Deathstroke, Green Arrow, Midnighter, Moon Knight, Night Thrasher, Punisher, Robin, Sabretooth, US Agent, Bane, Invisible Woman

Third tier: (Has MA training and experience)
Thing, Psylocke, Cyclops

Accomplished fighter: (May have alot of experience but very little formal training.)
Beast, Luke Cage, Spider-Man, Nightcrawler

Last edited by Deadline on Apr 9th, 2007 at 04:08 PM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2007 03:59 PM