KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect Venom

Respect Venom
Started by: xmeat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 9 10 [11]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ptr_Grifin
What?

Both types of threads seem like a neat idea. I'm leaning toward having an Eddie Brock thread. You could make part of his thread as his stint on Venom then continue to his current situation as Anti-Venom and keep the thread going. Maybe in the middle you could include the other hosts before getting to Anti-Venom. I personally don't remember much to do with Gargan. I do remember when the symbiote was on the mob bosses kid and he tanked a fuel truck head on. He was covered in fire and it didn't seem to bother him. I don't know if that was the writer and/or artists forgetting about that weakness or if the symbiote had gotten stronger.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2011 08:06 PM
Ptr_Grifin is currently offline Click here to Send Ptr_Grifin a Private Message Find more posts by Ptr_Grifin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bluddflagg

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SamZED
laughing

Eh.. I dunno. Maybe I'll make a section about symbiote's general abilities and include some stuff from Gargan's run. But his name will not be mentioned in the respect thread. It is a disgrace for both the symbiote and the cool oldschool villain once called Scorpion.

Your choice, but I made my opinion clear on Gargan in this thread already. stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 9th, 2011 10:47 PM
Bluddflagg is currently offline Click here to Send Bluddflagg a Private Message Find more posts by Bluddflagg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Does anyone have scans of venom cs thunderbolts?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2014 04:57 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2018 04:52 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alex_Ferrana

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
From Venom Annual #1 (2018):

So funny last scan... But anyway, Venom is a badass mofo there! cool

Old Post Oct 30th, 2021 06:24 PM
Alex_Ferrana is currently offline Click here to Send Alex_Ferrana a Private Message Find more posts by Alex_Ferrana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alex_Ferrana

Originally posted by Bluddflagg
It doesn't matter if Gargan is a loser or not (though honestly I've never seen him get schooled as bad as Aleksei tends to be, especially including the infamous Tiny Deadpool collar), I put forward that the respect thread should be about Venom, not its hosts. The fact it could create an entire functioning tail appendage and consistently increase its host's size, muscle mass and strength to go toe to toe with higher than Class 40 foes is impressive for the symbiote.

Scorpion once was defeated by Captain America and by Batman in 90's crossover (Bats has defeated him with a single batarang toss in the face, lol). The lattest ocassion was utterly a jobbing moment, IMAO.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2021 06:41 PM
Alex_Ferrana is currently offline Click here to Send Alex_Ferrana a Private Message Find more posts by Alex_Ferrana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

And Gargan's jobbing only became worse when he got the symbiote.

Which is hilarious, considering how much of an upgrade it usually is.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2021 05:51 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alex_Ferrana

And Gargan's jobbing only became worse when he got the symbiote.

Which is hilarious, considering how much of an upgrade it usually is.

Indeed, especailly a moment where Spider-Man has defeated him by dropping a building on him. Seriously, that's all. I know than Gargan is a jobber and wuss, but still, being defeated by a fallen building while having a Venom symbiote... No comments, lol.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2021 06:21 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Venom sucks.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Nov 5th, 2021 11:42 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Alex_Ferrana
Indeed, especailly a moment where Spider-Man has defeated him by dropping a building on him. Seriously, that's all. I know than Gargan is a jobber and wuss, but still, being defeated by a fallen building while having a Venom symbiote... No comments, lol.

That's actually a good showing.

He was taken out by much less. And to be fair, even Brock was.

Gargan sucked because he was completely ineffective and normal humans have fended him off. He never shined.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2021 07:57 PM
Alex_Ferrana

That's actually a good showing.

He was taken out by much less. And to be fair, even Brock was.

Gargan sucked because he was completely ineffective and normal humans have fended him off. He never shined.

Agree, Gargan is a wimp. But that showings is still low even for that wimp.

Eddie has better showings and feats overall, and in fact, besides poor writing and PIS, he wasn't taken out THAT easily and embarrassing.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2021 11:00 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

But that showings is still low even for that wimp.

He was hurt by normal humans and... a poodle... so no, having a building getting dropped on him is not a bad showing. Hell, it's one of his highest ones laughing out loud Surprised he lived through that.

Eddie has better showings and feats overall, and in fact, besides poor writing and PIS, he wasn't taken out THAT easily and embarrassing.

Eddie is the one and only Venom --- it's just a shame Marvel needed so many years (like a good decade and a half) before admitting their fans were right all along and giving the symbiote back to Brock.

They are wanking him now, giving him more panel time, more time to shine, not to mention the Knull Saga... even going so far to admit on panel how every other Venom was crap...

But it's still hard to forgive Marvel for all those wasted years.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2021 12:04 AM
Alex_Ferrana

He was hurt by normal humans and... a poodle... so no, having a building getting dropped on him is not a bad showing. Hell, it's one of his highest ones laughing out loud Surprised he lived through that.

Eddie is the one and only Venom --- it's just a shame Marvel needed so many years (like a good decade and a half) before admitting their fans were right all along and giving the symbiote back to Brock.

They are wanking him now, giving him more panel time, more time to shine, not to mention the Knull Saga... even going so far to admit on panel how every other Venom was crap...

But it's still hard to forgive Marvel for all those wasted years.

Depends what do you mean by "normal humans". Normal humans IRL and in comics are 2 completely different things.

But agree, Marvel does its worst now.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2022 06:28 PM