KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar [merged]

Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar [merged]
Started by: ESB -1138

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Morridini
Morridini

I wonder how big Minas Tirith will be when it get added to the game, surely bigger then any of the cities in WoW?

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post May 18th, 2007 09:55 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Woohoo, my copy of LOTRO: SOA is now in New Jersey. Atleast thats what UPS is telling me.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post May 19th, 2007 12:38 AM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Morridini
I wonder how big Minas Tirith will be when it get added to the game, surely bigger then any of the cities in WoW?

Not sure, Minas Tirith is actually suppose to be pretty small living space wise. most of its fortifications; seven concentric walls.

Old Post May 19th, 2007 07:19 AM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Right. Most of it's forts and barrakses and stuff. Gondor as a whole is much more militaristic then Rohan and the other free nations.

Old Post May 19th, 2007 07:35 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

But still, if they follow the size done in the LotR movies it is bound to be big.

I'm soo going to do the plunge from the top that Theoden did big grin
If only there was a way to lit oneself on fire.

Old Post May 19th, 2007 09:07 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

Theodens of Rohan, you mean the Steward of Gondor wink

Old Post May 19th, 2007 02:25 PM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Opsy dopsy.

Yes, meant Denethor.

Old Post May 19th, 2007 03:35 PM
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Morridini
Opsy dopsy.

Yes, meant Denethor.

lotsa names, no worries

Old Post May 19th, 2007 06:22 PM
exanda kane

Minas Tirith will still be huge, but it's the small fiefs and towns of Gondor never mentioned in the films that'll be nice to visit.

Remember in Return of the King when Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli leap off the ship with the Army of the Dead? Well, that port, Pelagir, will be a fantastic place to visit.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post May 20th, 2007 10:33 AM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

Theres a lot of kingdoms along the coast, in the book they where fighting the Umbar Pirates who were the ones who sent the fleet to Pelagir. They ment to send troops to aid Gondor, and some did merge witht he Rohirim but most were busy fighting the Umbar in their own kingdoms/towns. Even the tribe of Indian like tribe people who helped the Rohirim through the forest/jungle to get behind Mordor troops have a village like place.

Old Post May 20th, 2007 03:01 PM
exanda kane

Yep, there's so much material to rip from the books its unbelievable, of which the Druadan tribe are a tiny piece of.

You got Ithillien, Lossonarch, Lamedon, Belfalas and Anfalas just to name a couple. So much can be brought from the books, limited space is hardly an issue.

Personally, in beta, it was the lands of the north that interested me; as a Hunter class, tracking wild bears and wolves around the mountains etc. and bumping into all these landmarks. And exploring has so much more weight than say WoW, because, if your a fan, you'll have read all about these places since you first read the book.

Old Post May 20th, 2007 04:11 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Exactly, so i'm sure that LOTROmessedOA will keep it's freshness with always updating, adding new places and so forth. It has so many exciting contents to add, that the producers wont have to make up some content which can screw the game, but add content that is already Tolkien proof. And I'm sure you'll get this feeling while you walk through places you remember from the book.

Old Post May 20th, 2007 04:43 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Do any of you think that places like Herod and Khan will be available? I can't see it happening, but it would be great if it did.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post May 20th, 2007 05:19 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Do you mean Rhun and Harad? If so, yes, I can imagine them being implemented in the future. Not now though, just Eriador for now.

Old Post May 20th, 2007 07:07 PM
Morridini
Morridini

I believe they will focus on the Ringbearer's travel route first and foremost. Meaning the areas between the west coast and including Mordor.

Old Post May 20th, 2007 07:17 PM
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Will the Grey Havens be accessible? That would be interesting to see.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post May 20th, 2007 09:35 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Now the Grey Havens are interesting. I was going ballistic trying to find the entrance (they are pointed to on the map) but I don't think they've been made available yet.

Old Post May 20th, 2007 10:40 PM
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Well I finally got it, installing it now. I'll report back soon.

Old Post May 22nd, 2007 11:36 PM
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

First, I'll show you guys some screenshots I took, but I only began yesterday and didn't play very long.

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/...hot00007cb4.jpg
"The Day Begins Yet Again"

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/...hot00005jb1.jpg
"Hobbit's Quarry Site"

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/...hot00004ln6.jpg
"Me Being Chased by 7 Wolves, and then Escaping by Swimming in The Water, which they fear"

I really love the game, the only thing about it that bugs me is that there are too few clases. Other then that, I love the game! There's no shortage of gold like in most MMORPG where you will find yourself unable to by armor of your level, but it's the other way around, you will always have money but you will try to lvl up to get better items.

It's really really big, althought I thought it would be small because so many places aren't yet in it and are going to be introduced only in further updates, but it took me 2 days to preety much explore 3/4 of The Shire. I am still continuing as I speak.

The deed system is wonderful, and so is the introduction to the game where you start out in the middle of the action. (For Elves, atleast)

Theres a good amount of players on, althought not as much as other MMORPG, but it just came out a month ago, so I think more players will come. I play on the "Firefoot" server.

I didn't try the Monster Play system yet, but i'm about to turn lvl 10 and then i'm heading to Bree-Land to go into the scrying well there.

Old Post May 23rd, 2007 10:15 PM
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

Cool ^> ^

Old Post May 23rd, 2007 10:29 PM