KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Starcraft 2

Starcraft 2
Started by: Nozdormu

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (36): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

eh im probbly gonna get both anyway

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 01:00 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

DoW II has been looking more interesting for quite a while now; SCII has mentioned nothing at all that seems particularly interesting for innovative. Mind you, that's at least in part because we've heard virtually nothing for ages.

And I'd be lying if I said I liked this idea. They are going to spin it ias expansion content, but people shouldn't forget that their original plan would have been to release it as one game, so this is two lots of extra payment we are having to make over time.

I think it is an admission that they were in serious danger of timing out on SCII as they did with Ghost (as even the first part of this trilogy has no release date yet). I am not sure if this was the best solution; a smaller campaign set for all three races might have suited.

Oh well, we'll see.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Oct 11th, 2008 at 08:58 AM

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 08:41 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tassadar kicks ass?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 07:10 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

New Battle Report just released: http://www.starcraft2.com/features/battlereports/2.xml

Looks pretty sweet.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2009 09:04 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I dunno, it all looks so familiar that I feel weary just watching it. Same old set up, same old resource gathering, and the commentators trying to get enthusiastic over the diea of using an SCV to block a building placement, which is the kind of utterly disheartening tactic that puts me off the genre.

Likewise that cheap-ass bunker tactic. I despair.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 16th, 2009 09:11 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
New Battle Report just released: http://www.starcraft2.com/features/battlereports/2.xml

Looks pretty sweet.

That was pretty sweet.

Hopefully it will be fun when it's eventually released.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2009 10:46 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

wow

it looks better than dow 2 so far imo im excited

Old Post Apr 18th, 2009 12:55 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

Last edited by AthenasTrgrFngr on Aug 31st, 2009 at 08:29 AM

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 08:24 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Starting to look a brilliant game, those custom maps look really exciting especially for me who spent many long hours just making my own custom maps in SC and WC3. The possibilities that are now available sound vast, RPG/arcade creation and mixing up of units and stats.

Ofc the rest of the game looks awsome as well, the unit selection at the moment as well as the variety and feel of the original are all nice.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 11:55 AM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

SC2 is getting better by the day.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 01:31 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

(please log in to view the image)

laughing

Old Post Sep 5th, 2009 07:27 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

Old Post Nov 20th, 2009 05:39 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

hm, possibly a useful unit....

Obviously not for the sake of actually blending in with your opponents units but as long as other players cannot directly attack it it should be a good scout to sit in the opponents base.

Although imo, when concerning units such as this, the opponent should be able to select and give orders to the unit, perhaps the unit will not obey them ofc but at least then it gives the unit some solidiity when trying to fake out another player. Maybe even add a function that the owner of this spy could employ where the thing actually follows the orders of the opponent.

e.g. toss it in the opponents base, disguise as a marine or an SCV and then activate a mode so that the opponent can order it around, select it etc which will make ita perfect spy unit.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2009 06:29 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Man, I hope the voice acting is just a placeholder.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2009 12:26 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

a whole bunch of new videos are out, graphics are looking sweeter. theres too many videos to link so just go to youtube type in starcraft 2 and change the filter to newest and HD to see them all.

im a bit weary of the tactics in involved in the game... id kind of hoped that running a single unit in circles forever would be done away with in this one.. but it seems that micro is just as important as ever.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2009 07:06 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

new beta videos! eek!

graphics are looking sweet in the second video (obviously the first guy does not have maxed settings)

Old Post Feb 20th, 2010 07:58 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I am increasingly weary of the ridiculous development time for a game which is not fundamentally different to the original.

BtVS

Old Post Feb 20th, 2010 10:22 AM
BackFire

My friend at Blizzard told me that much of the development time over the past couple of years has been almost solely due to problems from the new Battle.net. He said the game has been nearly done for a year, but someone really screwed something up with the new Battle.net and they had to spend almost the entire last year fixing it and making it workable.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2010 10:26 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Actually I had heard that about battle.net 2. It's still not good enough though. What, exactly, was so difficult about it that their ridiculous resources could not handle?

See, this is the problem with having so much money. Ok, sure, they can take their time on something- but with no pressure on you, it can go far too far the other way.

Regardless of the reason, every time I look at those vids I still see a shinier version of the old game. All the changes seem to be unit changes, more worthy of an expansion than a whole new release. It looks like it could have come 5 years ago- which would still have been seven years after the original.

It'll sell bucketloads, of course, but... I feel aggravated. The first Starcraft was such a big deal, and I remember the intense excitement of release day. This one's doing nothing for me. I'm going to get it of course, but it's just another purchase. I wanted Blizzard to really draw me in after 12 years.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Feb 20th, 2010 at 10:36 AM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2010 10:29 AM
BackFire

I didn't ask for specifics because he isn't allowed to give them, but I got the impression from what he said that someone really broke something in Battle.net, like really badly broke something, to the point where they had to almost completely start over.

I agree though, I was really excited about this game some two years ago. Now I don't really care. Just taken too long. I'm sure it will be fun and I'll finish the campaign, but I doubt I'll really get into it.

I think a lot of people don't realize what a small difference they're getting with SC2. People are going to be disappointed unless all they're expecting is SC1 with pretty graphics. And the way people are setting this game up to be the second coming; it's not gonna go over too well with them.

It's funny, even my friend who works for them says the game's not that great.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2010 10:44 AM