KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Should Carnage be in a future Spider-man film?

Should Carnage be in a future spider-man film
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 12 46.15%
No 6 23.08%
Maybe 2 7.69%
Aunt May for president 6 23.08%
Total: 26 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Should Carnage be in a future Spider-man film?
Started by: steverules

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dazzler619

People should get all upset with this.We don't even though if he'll ever appear in a film.As for me, I have mixed feelings about Carnage being in a sequel.In a way, I do b/c he's my favorite villain but no b/c I'm afriad they will mess him up with the actor casting and motives

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 02:48 AM
Dazzler619 is currently offline Click here to Send Dazzler619 a Private Message Find more posts by Dazzler619 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I was thinking yes because he's a notable figure in Spider-man's history but I voted no because there's no way to make him interesting while staying true to his character.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 02:55 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

Exactly, they would mess carnage up

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 08:14 AM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Well, I meant more that he was just a killer with symbiote. If they gave him character depth it wouldn't be true to the character because he doesn't really have any.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 02:22 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
atharpina

well then do a thing like with where he doesnt actually get the symbiote yet and just set up some good "the symbiotes still alive, heres how" and "this is cletus kasady hes a badass whos going to end up getting it" scenes. that'll kill some time so theres less scenes where he has to imply killing

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 04:13 PM
atharpina is currently offline Click here to Send atharpina a Private Message Find more posts by atharpina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

That could work, I kinda get what u mean

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 04:58 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

I get it, too. Cletus Kassady doesn't have to get the symbiote until towards the ending of Spiderman 4 so that there would be less scenes of him killing people. Spiderman and Venom would be fighting each other up until the point where Cletus finally gets the symbiote. Then they would have to work together to defeat Carnage.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 05:38 PM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

Kinda like the ending of spider-man the game for PS1, you fight carnage towards the end

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 06:20 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules
Kinda like the ending of spider-man the game for PS1, you fight carnage towards the end

If it works it works. That why they should just come up with a bunch of stories to use for 4 like the Lizard, Mysterio (I know I spelt his name wrong but I don't care), Shocker, and Carnage and decide which one would be the best one.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 06:49 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

You spelt Mysterio right...I would love to see Mysterio and Lizard

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 08:04 PM
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

They could easily use dramaic techniques to let the audience know there is a brutal murder taking place without showing it.Carnage could be done very effectively.Does he really NEED to be the deepest character in the world?No!At the beggining of the movie we gt some scenes of Cletus killing people.After he is captured, they could just show some prison scenes here and there along the movie to get a good look into Cletus's psyche.Meanwhile Spiderman and Venom are battling for the whole movie.A)Either Venom gives birth lik in the comics or B)The Symbiote sample Connor's possesses breaks free and finds Kassidy turning him into Carnage.Carnage goes on a murderous rampage while Spidey and Venom are forced to team up.And they eventually defeat him.That is enough material to fill out a movie, if you dont just throw on screen like they did in 3.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 09:32 PM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by atharpina
well then do a thing like with where he doesnt actually get the symbiote yet and just set up some good "the symbiotes still alive, heres how" and "this is cletus kasady hes a badass whos going to end up getting it" scenes. that'll kill some time so theres less scenes where he has to imply killing

If you want Carnage in a Spiderman film, you have to have him all the way. Thing is There is not going to be an R-rated Spiderman film. Period end of dicussion. Now if Sony and Sam Raimi got together and dulled Carnge down to where he will be an acceptable villain for the big screen, then he will be done.

They could easily use dramaic techniques to let the audience know there is a brutal murder taking place without showing it.Carnage could be done very effectively.Does he really NEED to be the deepest character in the world?No!At the beggining of the movie we gt some scenes of Cletus killing people.After he is captured, they could just show some prison scenes here and there along the movie to get a good look into Cletus's psyche.Meanwhile Spiderman and Venom are battling for the whole movie.A)Either Venom gives birth lik in the comics or B)The Symbiote sample Connor's possesses breaks free and finds Kassidy turning him into Carnage.Carnage goes on a murderous rampage while Spidey and Venom are forced to team up.And they eventually defeat him.That is enough material to fill out a movie, if you dont just throw on screen like they did in 3.

YOU still must show Cletus Kassidy bonding with the symbiote.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 6th, 2007 09:52 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Originally posted by Yoshi Fanatic
I get it, too. Cletus Kassady doesn't have to get the symbiote until towards the ending of Spiderman 4 so that there would be less scenes of him killing people. Spiderman and Venom would be fighting each other up until the point where Cletus finally gets the symbiote. Then they would have to work together to defeat Carnage.

You mean like... there's a serial killer loose throughout the movie, they name him Cletus Kasady and drive the point home that's he's really vicious. Spidey tracks him throughout the movie while dealing with whoever, maybe Venom. If it's Venom, they have one last battle towards the end of the trail and Venom dies.

The symbiote drains off the host and finds Cletus. Bam, the audience knows a serial killer with the symbiote is bad news. Maybe have a voice over of something previously said by an examiner or officer talking about his tendancy to use bladed weapons or something as he's turning his hands into claws or axes or whatever.

Or if they're going all the way they can leave a cliffhanger at Cletus getting the symbiote with either only showing only a glimps of Carnage or only showing the symbiote going for Cletus. Or maybe show Spidey leave the building but the camera stays focused on it and you hear the same kind of panicked cries as Eddie made when the symbiote first bonded with him. Then use the next movie to bring in a past reconciled villain to team up with to fight him.

This is all hypothetical of course.

Last edited by Doctor-Alvis on Jun 7th, 2007 at 05:25 AM

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 05:22 AM
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

I don't know. I just want Spiderman and Venom to team up in order to defeat Carnage without Spiderman or Venom dying towards the end.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 05:46 AM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

I don't know. I just want Spiderman and Venom to team up in order to defeat Carnage without Spiderman or Venom dying towards the end.

Of course Spiderman wont die in any of the movies.Unless they bring in Ben Reilly............Dont get any idea's Raimi......

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 01:29 PM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

It took Spider-man and Venom combined to defeat Carnage the first time around so they should make it like that.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 01:57 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

yer but Venom may die...if Venom lives then that'll spell spin off movie for venom

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 06:03 PM
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

yer but Venom may die...if Venom lives then that'll spell spin off movie for venom

Hopefully, Venom will not die at all. Instead, he could just leave because he fell in love with another woman and they decide to move away. I know that sounded a little mushy, but I rather have him alive than to have him die after the battle.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 10:05 PM
steverules
The doctor

Yer but you know that they'd probably make a venom spin off film

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 11:37 PM
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

Yer but you know that they'd probably make a venom spin off film

Venom wont have a spinoff movie.Even Hollywood knows thats a stupid idea....Hopefully.Even if they did, it would still be something worth seeing.At least we would be guaranteed more than 15 minutes with him.Either way, its not happening, Venom may return, and he may live, but no spin off will ever come of it.Thats just like saying Sandman is gonna have a spinoff series now.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2007 03:32 AM