KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Indiana Jones » Which of the original Trilogy is best?

Which Indiana Jones film is best?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
The Raiders of the Lost Ark 32 43.84%
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom 13 17.81%
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade 28 38.36%
Total: 73 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Which of the original Trilogy is best?
Started by: Strangelove

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rebel Racer
Webmaster

Last Crusade, then Raiders, then Temple.

Imagine what you'll "know" tomorrow.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 01:10 PM
Rebel Racer is currently offline Click here to Send Rebel Racer a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel Racer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Dreams
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Strangelove
Hmm?

I like The Last Crusade, myself

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Yoru ga samishii nante fushigi ne

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 02:31 PM
Silent Dreams is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Dreams a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Dreams Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Hmmm ... it's interesting how "Crusade" - and not "Raiders" - is emerging as the favourite amongst us ...

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 10:32 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davehead
BEWY!

Tough choice. All these movies are awesome in their own way. Raiders introduced us to Indy and establsihed him as a very lovable character and introduced him to the supernatural, Temple of Doom put him through Hell, and Last Crusade introduced a part of his character we never knew he had. I somewhat favour the first and third ones, because they both change Indy's character, while Temple of Doom is just another adventure. All in all, I'd have to choose Last Crusade, just because of how scared everyone was when Indiana said, "No ticket."

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 12:51 AM
Davehead is currently offline Click here to Send Davehead a Private Message Find more posts by Davehead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Originally posted by apoc001
All in all, I'd have to choose Last Crusade, just because of how scared everyone was when Indiana said, "No ticket."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eeBPlHHgYA big grin Great moment ...

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 01:27 AM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

It's the first one. The second one got too sadistic & violent (it helped lead to the PG-13 rating, that very year), while the third one was too cute & calculated.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 19th, 2007 02:18 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthLazious
Dark Lord of the KMC

The Raiders of the Lost Ark

http://thewilloftheforce.webs.com/

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 04:46 PM
DarthLazious is currently offline Click here to Send DarthLazious a Private Message Find more posts by DarthLazious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Oomny
Promising Tomorrows

Best by far is Last Crusade. least favorite has always been Temple of doom. I love them all though.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 11:22 AM
Oomny is currently offline Click here to Send Oomny a Private Message Find more posts by Oomny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

The Last Crusade
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Temple of Doom

Old Post Aug 19th, 2007 11:40 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

It would have to be the first one Raiders, then Crusade then Doom
And I mean that with their release dates, cause if you go cronologically with the year the movie took place doom is first. not too many people know that.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2007 09:11 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by darthmaul1
It would have to be the first one Raiders, then Crusade then Doom
And I mean that with their release dates, cause if you go cronologically with the year the movie took place doom is first. not too many people know that.

By release dates, it's Raiders(1981), Doom(1984), then Crusade(1989).

And anyone who watched the films and looked at the titles would know Doom takes place in 1935, Raiders in 1936.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2007 10:36 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DoomsdayClock

Man, its gotta be Raiders. That movie is perfect.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2007 07:29 PM
DoomsdayClock is currently offline Click here to Send DoomsdayClock a Private Message Find more posts by DoomsdayClock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Count Makashi
Count Dookus number 1 fan

The Last Crusade is the best of the 3, but all 3 of them were great movies.

General G made this sig, but i am going to keep annoying him.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2007 07:11 PM
Count Makashi is currently offline Click here to Send Count Makashi a Private Message Find more posts by Count Makashi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chewy16

Raiders is the best, simply because it is original, it is fresh, and the chemistry of characters & humor works to perfection.

The sequels are just sequels, or retreads of the bigger is better mentality (more action, bigger sets, more snakes, etc.) I love Raiders, and could care less about Temple & Crusade, they are entertaining, but they just don't have 'it' 20 years later, the same way Raiders does. That is just the nature sequels, most of them are just retreads.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 12:38 PM
chewy16 is currently offline Click here to Send chewy16 a Private Message Find more posts by chewy16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I'm glad to see Raiders has finally tied Last Crusade in the poll. Crusade is the weakest of the three, I believe.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2007 07:47 PM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

TOP was like my favorite movie as a kid, but now I like ROTLA better.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 08:44 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
unknowable
Restricted

Account Restricted

I and II are classics that can't be compared. III on the otherhand ...

Old Post Nov 18th, 2007 11:54 PM
unknowable is currently offline Click here to Send unknowable a Private Message Find more posts by unknowable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

Raiders and Crusade are tied for first with me as to the "best" movie.

But I gave it to Crusade because I like it better. stick out tongue

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Nov 19th, 2007 12:48 AM
sithsaber408 is currently offline Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

glad to see most people agree that Temple of Doom was the least best movie of the 3.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2008 08:09 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrCampion
Restricted

Account Restricted

I never liked Temple of Doom all that much despite attempting to watch it several times.Raiders and Last Crusade are brilliant however.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2008 08:46 PM
MrCampion is currently offline Click here to Send MrCampion a Private Message Find more posts by MrCampion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote