KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Spectacular Spiderman: New Animated TV Show

Spectacular Spiderman: New Animated TV Show
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (66): « First ... « 63 64 [65] 66 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SamZED

Just watched the last episode of the second season. Two words. FREAKING AWESOME!!! Seriosuly, im taking back anything bad ive ever said about this show! And its just second season! The only thing I dont like is art but its ok after you get used to it. Great action, awesome stories.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2009 12:21 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SamZED
It was, just watched the 8th episode. Loved it. One problem - not enough of Black Catsad

They're doing it perfectly, because here's the ting: Black Cat becomes unbelievably annoying and cliche when she's on for too long. They know just how long to keep her.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2009 11:39 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

THAT WAS THE GREATEST FINALE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY SHIT, MAN! Dude, that was f***ing epic! Just... GOD DAMN! That was beyond perfect! That entire thing was friggin' beautiful! That was the best episode EVER!

Old Post Mar 25th, 2009 05:12 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Now for my review of season 2, episode by episode.

1. Blueprints - Meh, a little slow, and the purple creatures(not to mention the stupid teddy bear) were as annoying as hell, but besides that? Not too bad opener. Mysterio was pretty cool. I still don't understand why they felt the need to change Mysterio's classic story. 3/5

2. Destructive Testing - Oh my lord. Easily the worst episode to date. Poorly paced, many characters acting more different than normal, and a god awful surprise twist. Seriously, what happened here? 1/5

3. Reinforcement - Way too cartoony, and puts all of the villains in a poor light. Wasn't impressed at all. 2/5

4. Shear Strength - Great finale to the worst storyline to date. Finally, we get to see the 'If This Be My Destiny' scene that is one of the best ever. Flat out awesome, along with the perfect return of Doctor Octopus! Still, the 'Master Plan' puns, the overall plan, and the big reveal were all forced and could've been done better. Also, the lift scene could've been done better animation wise, as I doubt anyone will remember it quite like the comic version of the scene. Still, slam dunk episode with some very badass scenes. 4/5

5. First Steps - Ok, now the show's back on top! DAMN! Everything in the episode blew me away! Loved Sandman(now officially one of the best animated Marvel villains to date), loved the fight scenes, loved Harry's return, and loved the surprise ending! So awesome! 5/5

6. Growing Pains - Nergasmic! I loved this comic story as it is, and they way it was used for the show was perfect! And that ending? One of the best cliffhangers in years! 5/5

7. Identity Crisis - Venom's back, baby! This was one heck of an episode, filled with constant shock value and surprises that never get old. And, of course, nothing's certain at the end! 5/5

8. Accomplices - The first sign of the gang makes for one awesome episode! And not to mention we finally get to see Hammerhead in action! 5/5

9. Probable Cause - Good episode, and I like the power-ups for the Enforcers. Fun story all around, and I never tire of Shocker. 5/5

10. Gangland - Easily one of my favorite episodes so far(definitely in the top five). Nothing but beautiful action and perfect dialogue! That rematch between Tombstone and Spider-Man was exactly what I wanted! 5/5

11. Subtext - Pretty good episode. I always liked the Molten Man, so this was a great surprise. However, the geek in me misses the "perma-body", but besides that and a few hits over the head with the moral? Very fun to watch. 4/5

12. Opening Night - WOW! I loved every minute of this! Everything was top notch here, and certainly the ultimate thirty minute knockout for anyone to watch! I have to say: The creators of the animated series should have been the writers for "Spider-Man 3". 5/5

13. Final Curtain - Oh....my....GOD! Ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod! THAT WAS INCREDIBLE! I take back everything I said about the episode "The Uncertainty Principle"! New rating for that episode, and the highest one ever for this! This IS the Green Goblin in perfection! It's like they ripped him out of the comic for this! It was EXACTLY what my theory was! It's like the writers got inside of my head! 10/5!

Last edited by Mr. Rhythmic on Mar 25th, 2009 at 05:38 PM

Old Post Mar 25th, 2009 05:34 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I didn't like the ending to season 2 as much as I did the first, maybe it's because I just like Venom a lot more...Still I enjoyed the goblin's "death" the second half of the episode was the best, the first half just reminded me to much of the 90's TAS and it's censors.

I also enjoyed that little surprise made by Harry at the end and the constant guessing game of who was the goblin, nice to see Norman was as messed up as he is in the comics.

Only time will tell to see if Disney picks this show up for a 3rd season...

Last edited by Neo Darkhalen on Mar 27th, 2009 at 12:22 AM

Old Post Mar 27th, 2009 12:19 AM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

i wish they'd make a game of this. each episode can be a chapter

Old Post Apr 18th, 2009 06:52 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

First post in a LONG time. I just got done watching the second season after a while of not even knowing it existed yet. All I have to say is AMAZING. It did start admittedly slow. But picked up in the greatest way near the middle.

Old Post May 6th, 2009 06:34 PM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

When will the second season start here in the United States? If it's going to be a while, I guess I'll go ahead and watch the episodes online first.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post May 10th, 2009 03:41 AM
Davis Bloome is currently offline Click here to Send Davis Bloome a Private Message Find more posts by Davis Bloome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidermanrocks

i've watched both season 1 and season 2 TWICE. Best series ever! Cant wait till Season 3! I heard Season 3 will include Scorpion and Hobgoblin. That's all we know for know.

Old Post May 30th, 2009 07:39 PM
spidermanrocks is currently offline Click here to Send spidermanrocks a Private Message Find more posts by spidermanrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
freek

Has a 3rd season definitely been commissioned? Because this show kicks ass and if freaking Wolverine and the X-Men is up for another season, I really hope this is.

Old Post May 31st, 2009 05:54 AM
freek is currently offline Click here to Send freek a Private Message Find more posts by freek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

They could be waiting to see how the ratings turn out in the U.S. for season two before they truly get to work on a season three.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post May 31st, 2009 04:00 PM
Davis Bloome is currently offline Click here to Send Davis Bloome a Private Message Find more posts by Davis Bloome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidermanrocks

This show is so awesome. What I like about this show is that it is not kiddish like most shows out there. I find it very mature which is a good thing. The 90s series had so much censorship. I would say Spectacular Spider-Man is difinitely in the top 5 most darkest cartoon shows ever.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 03:26 AM
spidermanrocks is currently offline Click here to Send spidermanrocks a Private Message Find more posts by spidermanrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

Even though this show has some mature themes and what not, I'd hardly say that it's dark. In any case, the '90's series did have a lot of censorship, but it was still a great cartoon, no less, with some amazing storylines. I expect SSM to have stories just as good, and I hope the show goes on for a long time.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 04:07 AM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Well as long as Greg "Gargoyles" Weisman is involved I think that won't change anytime soon.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 10:17 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

That show was so damn awesome, so I have to agree there. The stories should be great for the entirety of the show. I'm specifically looking forward to what else they'll do with Venom. He's been handled greatly thus far, and the reason for him being on the show makes sense and fits in perfectly. Plus, I love the fact that he & Peter were pretty much bestfriends until Peter made a few mistakes & Eddie went all psycho.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 09:57 AM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Originally posted by Davis Bloome
That show was so damn awesome, so I have to agree there. The stories should be great for the entirety of the show. I'm specifically looking forward to what else they'll do with Venom. He's been handled greatly thus far, and the reason for him being on the show makes sense and fits in perfectly. Plus, I love the fact that he & Peter were pretty much bestfriends until Peter made a few mistakes & Eddie went all psycho.

I would rather them use Venom's other children now instead of the next "logical" conclusion of the Symbiote arc, aka introducing Carnage without a doubt one of the blandest villains ever conceived.

I like what they did with Venom in the show, but yeah you can bet he's in Arkham now, along with......ugh.....Cassidy... There's not anything they can really do with Eddie now.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 08:35 PM
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

I find that to be completely untrue. The only time there's not a lot you can do with a character is when you're not all that creative, and the people behind this show are very creative, so I'd say there's a lot more that could be done with Venom.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 03:37 AM
spidermanrocks

Originally posted by Davis Bloome
Even though this show has some mature themes and what not, I'd hardly say that it's dark. In any case, the '90's series did have a lot of censorship, but it was still a great cartoon, no less, with some amazing storylines. I expect SSM to have stories just as good, and I hope the show goes on for a long time.

My bad. I didn't mean "dark" as in TDK or Batman: TAS. By dark, I meant intense and mature. It has some intense fight scenes and a mature dialogue.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 10:39 PM
spidermanrocks

And yes, you're right. The 90s series had great stories even though it had a lot of censorship.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 10:41 PM
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

I completely forgot about the third season of this cartoon. I'll try to watch it eventually.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2009 11:23 PM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote