KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Indiana Jones » The Verdict: Ford - Too Old Or Not?

Do You Feel That Harrison Ford Is Too Old To Reprise The Role Of Indiana Jones?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes! 4 10.26%
No! 17 43.59%
I Will Reserve Judgement On This Matter Until I See "Indy IV" 18 46.15%
Total: 39 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Verdict: Ford - Too Old Or Not?
Started by: Ahnold

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jinXed by JaNx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by amity75
Ford IS Indy and will be fine regardless of how old he is. However, I hope the movie doesn't linger on his age for too long. I don't want it to be 2.5 hours of "Ouch my back/knee/piles/arthritis" etc. The images of Ford released so far show that he looks fantastic. I'm 25 and have no doubts he could kick MY ass.

This is my fear too. focusing on his age to much could pull the aduience out of the movie.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2007 01:09 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Oomny
Promising Tomorrows

Have you seen what they have done with CGI and Makeup tecniques now a days. No doubt that they could pull it off. BUT I reserve my judgment for the day Indy 4 comes out

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2007 11:10 AM
Oomny is currently offline Click here to Send Oomny a Private Message Find more posts by Oomny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Of course Ford is too old. Thing is Indy four may follow the same path as Rocky Balboa and Live Free and Die Hard and make it on the cheap side so it can be a hit film.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 11:04 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Of course Ford is too old. Thing is Indy four may follow the same path as Rocky Balboa and Live Free and Die Hard and make it on the cheap side so it can be a hit film.
Comparing the Indy movies to Rocky or Die Hard is like comparing Abraham Lincoln to George W Bush.

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 12:30 AM
amity75 is currently offline Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

I think the issue is that there will be less action in this movie due to his age. If his character is like 51, then hes gonna play Indy as a 51 year old. Is there gonna be the same action scenes like there is in Raiders? I doubt it, cause in some scenes you will have ford moving slow while fighting, then the'll put a fast moving stunt man in there. that would look bad. Even if they use ILM and put his face on a stunt man, it would still seem wrong. I just hope the story will fly...

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 03:52 AM
JediRobin23 is currently offline Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NinthSith

It's just a movie and he is obviously the only actor who can play Indy so I will accept it. But yah he is about 10 year's to old for this. Picture your 66 year old grandfather or father doing this and you will see how ridiculous it really is. People in there 60's I don't care how they look or how many weight's they lift simply have no stamina and that is fact.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 11:47 AM
NinthSith is currently offline Click here to Send NinthSith a Private Message Find more posts by NinthSith Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whisper
I killed the Zeitgeist

Ford looks better as an older Indy. I've noticed he's wearing a bowtie in the classroom scenes. Makes him look more like a proper Professor and less of a students heart throb. Go Indy!

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 11:00 PM
Whisper is currently offline Click here to Send Whisper a Private Message Find more posts by Whisper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LightSaber_Part

I'll need to see the movie first..
But I'm hoping he'll be able to get the job done.

Soli Deo gloria

Old Post Aug 9th, 2007 05:09 PM
LightSaber_Part is currently offline Click here to Send LightSaber_Part a Private Message Find more posts by LightSaber_Part Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

He wore the bowtie before.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2007 07:49 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by amity75
Comparing the Indy movies to Rocky or Die Hard is like comparing Abraham Lincoln to George W Bush.

confused

Old Post Sep 12th, 2007 09:04 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by sithsaber408
Ford is just fine to play Indy again.

They are setting it when he's just as old as Ford is now, so really this is a non-issue.

I think the question is more if people want to watch a film about an older Jones, not if Ford can play an older Jones well because he's....errr...old.

That's what I was going to say. It isn't a matter of how old he is. It's a matter of how old he's written. I haven't been reading the spoilers for the movie, as I'd like to keep it a suprise, so I don't really know the story. But I do hope it isn't handled like a lot of other movies in Ford's career, where he's clearly in his 60's and has a 25 year old wife and a 6 year old son. I'm sure Harrison Ford is in great shape for a guy in his mid-60's, but hes' not in the same shape he was 20 years ago when the last one came out.

I just hope this whole movie isn't treated as a vehicle for the career of that kid from Transformers.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Sep 12th, 2007 05:20 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pottyboy

Ford has certainly had enough time off to prepare for the role. I'm thinking Calista Flockhart is to blame for his extremely low number of films in the past years.

I like many others am absolutely psyched to see this one, but if it sucks, its going to be a huge upset!

Old Post Dec 7th, 2007 01:46 AM
pottyboy is currently offline Click here to Send pottyboy a Private Message Find more posts by pottyboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Im glad I waited to put in my vote till a couple days ago when I saw what the movie was about and when the timeframe of the movie is set in,I would have said yes,he is too freaking old to be playing the part and he is a disgrace for coming back and playing the part after being gone so long but NOW after reading on what the new movie is about and knowing that the film is set 20 years later in the late 50's instaed of the late 30's and early 40's like the other movies were,NOW knowing that he is suppose to have aged 20 years from the last film,I got to say NO he isnt too old for the role and this eases my fear about the fact that I thought he was too old to come back and play the part.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2007 10:12 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrCampion
Restricted

Account Restricted

Never to old! Why do so many think an actor can't give a good performance just because he is what some call middle-aged? It;s been happening in a lot of movies so the age reason just doesn't work as a legitimate criticism.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2007 08:38 PM
MrCampion is currently offline Click here to Send MrCampion a Private Message Find more posts by MrCampion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

well its not that we dont think they can give a good performance its just that if they were going to have the time of the movie be set in early 1940's again which is what I thought they were going to be,it would have been innapropriate for them to have made another Indy movie because he would have aged 20 years and he would have lost his credibility playing a 40 old something man when its obvious he is not in his 40's anymore.But like i said,the movie takes place 20 years later in the late 50's so nobody should have a problem with him playing the role now.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2007 10:15 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JackieCD

Hell no. He's going to do a great job, as usual.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2007 11:33 PM
JackieCD is currently offline Click here to Send JackieCD a Private Message Find more posts by JackieCD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrCampion
Restricted

Account Restricted

there will always be somebody who has a problem with something in these movies.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2007 01:57 AM
MrCampion is currently offline Click here to Send MrCampion a Private Message Find more posts by MrCampion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Indeed.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2008 11:43 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
confused

yeah wtf? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jan 25th, 2008 04:07 PM
Mr Parker

Originally posted by JediSamuraiMRB

Yeah I have to agree with that,not with Ford being too old to play the part since like I said before he is suppose to have aged 20 years from the last film but that he seems to be doing the same thing Stallone is doing with the Rocky movies and Rambo making more when he should have ended it after 3.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2008 04:10 PM