KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Harry Potter Fiction » Harry Potter and the Tomb Spell

Harry Potter and the Tomb Spell
Started by: howdugetsougly

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Giggles
do you like the dark?

very brilliant, i want more, do u have more, plz tell me u have more?

Old Post Aug 10th, 2007 06:35 PM
Giggles is currently offline Click here to Send Giggles a Private Message Find more posts by Giggles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
howdugetsougly

not yet, i have work tonight and tommorrow so i'll try and get the next post up sometime around monday night but i'm not making any promises... sorry but that's how its gotta be.
glad u like the fic though

Old Post Aug 10th, 2007 08:10 PM
howdugetsougly is currently offline Click here to Send howdugetsougly a Private Message Find more posts by howdugetsougly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Giggles
do you like the dark?

lol, ya i luv it

Old Post Aug 10th, 2007 08:20 PM
Giggles is currently offline Click here to Send Giggles a Private Message Find more posts by Giggles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
howdugetsougly

thank you well i'm leaving for work right now. please read & review

Old Post Aug 10th, 2007 08:46 PM
howdugetsougly is currently offline Click here to Send howdugetsougly a Private Message Find more posts by howdugetsougly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HPRules
SMILE

loved it please post more soon smile

Old Post Aug 11th, 2007 02:13 AM
HPRules is currently offline Click here to Send HPRules a Private Message Find more posts by HPRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazykim

euhm... (pastes angelic face on)
post pleez??

what happened to you?

Old Post Aug 11th, 2007 11:29 PM
crazykim is currently offline Click here to Send crazykim a Private Message Find more posts by crazykim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
howdugetsougly

working on it. This chapter is going to be interesting, or at least i plan it to be

Old Post Aug 12th, 2007 05:50 PM
Giggles
do you like the dark?

well......hurry

Old Post Aug 12th, 2007 08:24 PM
HPRules
SMILE

plz post more soon im going crazy lol

Old Post Aug 12th, 2007 10:35 PM
HPRules is currently offline Click here to Send HPRules a Private Message Find more posts by HPRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
howdugetsougly

hey im gonna be posting tonight. i can feel it. the beginning drags a little but whatever, i hope you guys like it. so yeah, tonight before, ummmmmm, lets say ten, ill be posting, so hang in there,

Old Post Aug 13th, 2007 04:16 PM
Giggles
do you like the dark?

lol will do, wutz ur time zone? tht way we kno
umm...keep on goin

Old Post Aug 13th, 2007 08:24 PM
howdugetsougly

Eastern time zone

Old Post Aug 13th, 2007 10:00 PM
howdugetsougly

its 6:00 at this post

Old Post Aug 13th, 2007 10:01 PM
Giggles
do you like the dark?

ok ur an hr ahead of meh

Old Post Aug 13th, 2007 10:06 PM
howdugetsougly

well here it comes people, hope you enjoy it!:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 4: Dudley Demented part Deux

Harry took in a deep breath. In his mind he said the incantation that would initiate him to poke Dudley’s mind for any magical barriers; barriers that were hampering his memory and, maybe, the key to Harry’s children’s kidnapping.

Adceive Obliviate Holomentify, Harry thought. Immediately Harry’s mind was plunged in dense fog. If he had a hand in this state of mind, and he held it in front of his face, he would not be able to see it. A few moments of confusion and the fog began to lessen. He did not know where, or even how, he was, but he somehow knew how to get what he wanted. It had been like this since the first time he attempted to unblock a memory charm on a person.

He had come across a wizard on a mission who had seemed to forgotten that he was a wizard. Harry had not known if dark magic was in play so he could not wait for professionals to sort out the wizard so he performed the spell himself, knowing the theory behind it, and successfully completed his mission before anything else went astray.

Thankfully, he did not lose the wizard’s sanity although he was dazed for a few hours. Harry had resolved to only use the spell in an emergency and he had only used twice since then.

Now, however, Harry felt an odd sense about him. He knew he had to think hard about the circumstances around the memory he thought was blocked so that he could unblock it but he felt an odd urge to think about his childhood rather than do the task he set out to do. Harry felt certain that this urge was made from dark magic.

Harry focused his mind more than he ever had before. He focused on any memories having to do with his children. He willed Dudley’s mind to show him the memories.

Even with his concentration, the urge settled in again. Frustrated, Harry tried to block out anything that did not have to do with Harry’s children.

If only I tried this hard at Occlumency, Harry subconsciously thought.

In an instant, Harry was watching the events of the night that James, Lily, and Albus arrived at the Dursley’s home.

“My dear, boy, you have grown, and a fine grip you have also!” Dudley Dursley bellowed with a grin on his face as he shook James Potter’s hand enthusiastically. “Last time I saw you, you must have been this tall.” Dudley gestured to his side, waist high. With a greeting from James, Harry’s cousin moved on to Albus.

“Hello, Uncle Dudley,” Albus Severus Potter said walking quickly over to his uncle and lamely held out his hand. Dudley merely looked at Albus with a bemused expression and then brought his nephew into an embrace. Having never ‘officially’ met his uncle, Albus, looked shocked, but then let himself become buried into his uncle’s substantial stomach.

Albus had only ever been in his uncle’s presence once before. At that time, Albus had been only a few moths old and could not be expected to remember the event, even though he had been told of the occasion many times. Albus moved onto his Aunt Veronica as did James before him.

With a mutter under his breath of the likeness between Albus and his father, Dudley turned to greet his niece, the youngest of them all, and the one he was most fond of.

“Well, well, who do we have here? I believe the last time I saw you was not so long ago, was it?” Dudley chuckled as Lily Potter threw her arms (not completely) around her uncle as he chuckled. She had been to see her uncle and aunt before in the summer for the past ten years, and once when she was a couple months old. Harry and Ginny had seen how joyful the experience had been for Lily when they introduced her to Harry’s cousin and they liked to see her happy.

“You have grown into quite the beautiful young lady, you know,” Dudley whispered to her and gave her a last squeeze and let her go to be fawned over by his wife. Dudley enjoyed seeing his niece and nephews.
Although he didn’t like magic, Dudley had been to Godric’s Hollow once, and he felt like it wasn’t such a bad place to live at. It hadn’t seemed out of the ordinary at all. If he hadn’t known any better than he wouldn’t have even guessed that the people who lived there were magical.

Harry observed that the night had gone without a hitch.

But there was one thing that bothered Harry. His children were never together for more than five minutes at a time. He could not keep track of where they all were at one time. Harry had once glimpsed James gulping, not just drinking, a glass of milk. Other than that, it had been a quiet evening at Number 4 Privet Drive.

When it was time for the ‘meeting’ between his children, Harry walked to his old room. Thankfully, Dudley had been in hearing distance when they convened, so Harry was able to get close enough to hear the details for them talking in the middle of the night. Harry heard their voices as he got closer. He walked through the door to his old room and saw his children sitting on the floor.

“… Need for me to be here, he should have sent someone with less power or experience,” Harry heard James voice say. Although it was his son and his son’s voice, James was using a tone that was unusual for him.

“That is exactly why you are here! He needed someone who could pass as Harry Potter’s seventeen year old son. You are aware of the boy’s skill?” Lily said. But Harry knew that these were not his children. These were impersonators. They had already been switched.

“Yes, I am, but there are others that could pass as the prodigy James Potter. I am better suited for more difficult tasks. In fact, I believe I will be controlling everyone in a short while,” the man impersonating James said pompously. Albus laughed quietly to himself. “And what are you laughing about?”

“Oh, I am laughing at the fact that you think so highly of yourself. You honestly believe that you are stronger than KD? You have obviously never seen him get angry. He may seem impressionable to a gullible, self-bloated weakling such as you, but that is merely a cover to hide his true power. If you think yourself good enough to challenge him, then do so, I’ll enjoy taking your place,” Albus said nonplussed.

Harry was thoroughly interested now. Who was this KD? Where did he come from that he became so powerful? How did the person impersonating Albus know so much about this wizard? How had he started this organization of followers, without Harry knowing, as the Head of Aurors?

But if Harry thought he was going to get any more useful information, he was mistaken. The impersonators became quiet. The only thing he heard from the rest of their meeting was the fact that they were taking Poly-juice potion. They had taken it at different times and one of them distracted the Dursley’s while the other two took their potion from a flask. Then the other two would distract the Dursleys while the last one would take it.

Also, one of them stayed up and woke the other two up on the hour of their time to take the potion and switched shifts. It was very efficient and seemed to be planned ahead.

By morning Harry was dead tired. He knew that it would seem like only a moment in the present, but he would be knackered once he arrived there.

Harry watched helplessly as Dudley was Obliviated from behind by Lily when he was eating breakfast. James did the same to Veronica and then the three of them Apparated out of the house and to a place out of reach to Harry. Harry waited patiently for the tug he was about to feel.
It came and Harry was tugged into present day, moments after he had unblocked the memory charm on Dudley. Dudley sat there panting and glossy eyed.

Harry got up and shook him a bit. He had been afraid of this. His cousin had panicked at seeing his own memories and he was now emptier than a pantry after a party of teenagers had gone through it.

Harry put his head down, preparing to tell his cousin’s wife that her husband had lost his mind and that he would need to go to St. Mungo’s Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries.

“Harry? Were those my memories?” Dudley’s tired voice gasped.

Harry smiled then nodded. Dudley looked confused and then said, “So… those weren’t my real niece and nephews? They were the kidnappers pretending to be your children?” Again Harry nodded. He collapsed on the chair and fell asleep, as did Dudley.

--

When Harry woke he was in the bed he had slept in during his Hogwarts years. The sheets, scratchy and uncomfortable, were numerous in number and buried Harry. He uncovered himself and left his room. It was morning. Harry had slept for nearly twenty-four hours. It was a record for Harry. It had taken a lot out of him to get that memory.

“Oh, you finally decide to get up!” Harry turned around and saw Ginny coming at him from the kitchen. They whispered quietly and Harry reassured her that he would inform her later but they needed to leave.
After a quick goodbye, a surreptitious look from Dudley, and Harry and Ginny departed.

Harry told Ginny of Dudley’s memory when they had arrived at Godric’s Hollow.

“Do you know the person their talking about?” Ginny asked. She had been as interested in the KD person as Harry had been.

“I don’t know who it is, but he can’t be good. He seems to be the head of whatever is going on. He’s the leader. And if they’re going to fall, he needs to go.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adceive Obliviate, Holomentify

Adceive: to take away

Obliviate: Obliviate,

Holomentify: To make mind whole

to take away Obliviate, to make mind whole

how did you like it? how did you hate it? tell me!!!

Old Post Aug 14th, 2007 12:55 AM
Giggles
do you like the dark?

i luv it, omg plz post more

Old Post Aug 14th, 2007 08:21 PM
howdugetsougly

ATTENTION: Looking for beta readers. If interested please PM me. If you have beta read in the past please list the works that you did along with, if possible, a link to the page. Thank you to all who apply (if any).

New chapter coming soon to those who read regularly! Maybe 2moro! maybe tonight! tune in next time to find out!

Also, i like posting even when i dont post a part of the story to see the views jump up. It's cool to see who cares and who doesn't.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2007 11:47 PM
howdugetsougly

Chapter 5: Arm Robbery

Harry and Ginny had decided to wait a few days before checking out the restaurant. Harry had heard of the Auror checking it out already and he unearthed no clues. Harry found that he needed the rest as well. Ever since his retrieval from Dudley, Harry had grown increasingly tired. Finally, after three days, Ginny forced him to spend the entire day in bed. She would not let him do anything that took away energy. Harry spent the entire day going through the memory he had witnessed, and reading records of wizards and witches in the past half-century, searching for someone with the initial KD.

Harry was incredibly bored and just wanted to begin his search again. He felt that each moment he did not find his children, they were tortured or worse. Harry surged with anger of his helplessness and threw the records he was holding on the floor.

Harry turned to his right to look out the window. Harry saw hid reflection vaguely. Harry took off his glasses and rubbed his eyes, he was so tired. He looked back at the window and saw his face. But it wasn’t his face. It was his son’s; Albus’. Harry saw the scared look on the face of his youngest son and knew he needed him.

Harry turned from the window and buried his face in his pillow. He had let his kids down and now he was paying the price. He felt more terrible than he had in his entire life. He was responsible for letting his children visit their aunt and uncle on their own and he was responsible for them getting kidnapped. Yet, he lay there, safe in his bed, not doing anything to help, because he was too tired. That was an excuse for a toddler, not an Auror, or even a half-educated boy wizard.

Harry let his resentment flow through his mind as he was carried off to sleep once again.

--

“Harry? Harry? Get up, you!” Harry heard a voice say, followed by someone, probably the same person, shaking him.

“Ginny, what is it? Am I finally allowed out of bed yet?” Harry opened his eyes and looked around. Even though his vision was fuzzy, Harry could tell that nobody was there. Ginny must have left me to get up on my own, Harry thought. Harry put on his glasses, and, while doing so, heard a sound from his right. Harry drew his wand from the bedside table quickly and sat up; pointing the wand towards the spot he had heard the noise.

At the window, a black owl had just perched on the window sill. Harry had never seen one like this before; it was large and seemed to be able to carry a heavy package if needed. It had long dark talons, almost as if they had come from a large bird of prey and it’s beak was slightly larger than most. It looked at Harry; no, it glared at Harry, and pecked the window once, then stared at Harry, who walked over to the window, opened it, and let the owl flutter over to the table.

Harry reached for the letter that was tied around its massive legs. Before he could take it, however, the owl pecked him. It was not a warning peck, or a good-natured peck; it was a hard, injury-intended peck. His forearm began to go numb and he used his left hand to grab the letter which the owl let him do.

Soon deceased,

You have been chosen to be a victim of KD. You, most likely, do not know who I am or even heard of me. I have been recently hiding to avoid blame for incidents I have caused in the past in my home country.

But I digress; Mr. Potter, you have already been pecked by the poisonous beak of my faithful owl, Lilith, she has yet to fail my desires and you have been infected with a fast-acting poison I created. It will slowly numb your whole body, preventing you from moving. Then it will take away all your memories; and when you are wondering why you are alive, your brain will stop working and then your heart, and you will die, not knowing any good memories of your life, just a empty emotionless creature to be pitied, much like the dementors.

By now, I hope you are smart enough to realize that this letter is a distraction, or I will feel as though you were not such a worthy adversary after all, and that I shouldn’t have wasted my time on you.
With all this said, please have a try at saving yourself. It will amuse me.

KD

Harry’s anger grew as the rest of his right arm went numb. He looked at the owl that brought this upon him. It gave him another glare, and before Harry could curse it, it flew out the window and into the safe sky.
Harry rushed out of the room and tried to find Ginny. Harry felt the numbness creep onto his shoulder as his search turned up fruitless.

Harry Apparated to Grimmauld place and yelled for Ron or Hermione once he got inside. They were not there either. Thinking desperately, Harry Apparated to St. Mungo’s and took out his wand with his left hand. Harry knew that once the poison spread from his arm he couldn’t receive help. Seeing this as his only option Harry screamed for help then used his wand to conjure a machete. Just before someone ran into his view, Harry levitated the large knife and forced it to cut his right arm off. As he blacked out, Harry hoped that the poison hadn’t spread any further, and that the Healers would be able to stabilize him.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2007 02:19 AM
howdugetsougly

Ron, Hermione, the rest of the Weasleys, Ted Tonks, Ginny, and Kingsley Shacklebolt all waited in St Mungo’s outside of Harry’s room. Harry had been given a private room with its own waiting room outside.

It had been two days since Harry’s arrival at St. Mungo’s and the Weasleys, Minister, and Teddy had all been frequent to the waiting room outside Harry’s room. But Ginny had not left once. She even got into an argument with the Head Healer, telling the Head that she would be sleeping in the waiting room no matter what.

Harry had been attended to by three expert healers and five trainees. They had not allowed anyone to visit him; he was still shaky. Also, he hadn’t woken up or shown any sign of life other than the fact that his heart was still beating.

The Healers strongly suspected that Harry would not make it. He had lost a lot of blood and they weren’t sure whether or not that their blood replenishing potions had worked fast enough. They managed to bring him out of critical condition, but he was not stable, and needed to be monitored twenty-four hours a day.

The waiters had also been interrogated to why Harry was in this condition. They each submitted to Veritaserum interrogation, and they had all been eliminated as suspects. Ginny seemed a wreck but stayed quiet and replied in short, un-toned answers when she was talked to. They all tried to comfort her, but she needed Harry to be okay, and he was far from it.

She felt responsible for him. She had woken him up and then left him to go into their back garden. She had been so wrapped up in her hobby of keeping potion-usable plants; she never heard his screams. Then when she heard of his condition from one of the Healers she almost fainted herself and cried silently.

Finally, after two days of waiting for a sign of life, Harry’s eyes opened wide and he muttered, “KD….” He immediately shut his eyes and went back into the coma-like state he had been in. The two trainees that were monitoring him wrote down his words and reaction, checked his vitals and sent the report to the Healer in charge.

When Ginny heard of this abrupt change in behavior, she was thrilled that he showed signs of life but after a few hours with nothing new, she resumed her silent behavior of reflection.

Another couple of days passed, and no new signs of recovery showed, at least mentally. His body became stabilized, his blood returned. The only thing wrong about him was that he was missing his arm.

On the fifth day that he was in the hospital, Harry woke up and stayed up.

Harry told the Healers of the events that passed, from the arrival of the owl to him searching for his friends and finally to how he stopped the poison from spreading. The Healers admitted that they found an unidentifiable potion inside his arm. They catalogued it and described it with help from Harry into their report.

Harry was allowed to see his wife and friends, three at a time the next day. First he saw Ginny, Hermione, and Ron. Then he saw Ginny, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley. After that he saw Ginny, Victoire and Teddy. Next he greeted Ginny, Bill and Fleur. Then he was visited by Ginny, George and Charlie. And finally, he saw Ginny, Percy and Kingsley. They all were happy to seem him alive and conscious and hoped him a good recovery.
Harry was permitted to walk around in the evening and he was released the next day. Without his wand arm, Harry thought that he would be forced to live a squib life but Hermione instantly searched Transfiguration and Potion books to replace his arm. Harry was glad to have her as a friend. Meanwhile, Harry was given a permit to leave work until he felt that he was able to return, or he resigned, once his ‘vacation’ time was up. Harry wanted to search for his children but he knew he needed his wand arm if he was going to be helpful in the search.

“Harry,” Hermione said during a lunch break from her researching for Harry’s arm problem at Grimmauld place a couple of days after Harry’s ‘vacation’ time was up, “I have been thinking, and, well… You see, I’ve been searching and I haven’t seen anything that can replace your arm. There are spells to replace small things like fingers or fingernails but they are not recommended for bigger things like your arm. And there are potions to grow back your bones and such, but that wouldn’t be much help if you don’t have skin, tissue, and nerves around them. It seems pretty hopeless if you ask me. I am still going to search but I don’t want to get your hopes up too much.”

Harry nodded and finished his lunch. He had suspected that there was nothing to help him. He knew that it might come to his last, desperate hope. Ron and Ginny were quiet as they watched Harry.

“Hermione, it is fine. I’m sure you’ll find something. I have confidence in you.” Harry walked out of the room and headed for the door. He knew what he had to do, who he had to see, and what he needed to ask.

--

With a pop! Harry appeared in an old pub. It wasn’t even close to busy. There was only one other person inside the pub, who nodded to Harry. Harry walked over to a small table with many knick-knacks on it. Harry looked at one of them, nodded to it, and a passage opened itself. Harry thanked the barman and headed down the passage.

Harry arrived in an entrance hall like room. He spotted the door ahead of him and made for it. Once he reached it, Harry took a deep breath and walked out into the seventh floor corridor of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Harry made his way down the corridor. After a few turns, Harry found himself standing in front of a statue of a gargoyle. He looked at the gargoyle that suddenly looked back at Harry. It put its head down and turned it slightly as if to hear something from behind it. It nodded slowly and then leapt out of Harry way. The pedestal on which it was standing descended into the ground and a spiral staircase was shown. Harry made his way up the staircase and knocked once before entering the Headmistress’ office.

“Ah, hello Harry,” a voice said from behind the Headmistress’ desk, “The Headmistress is not here Harry but I have a feeling,” the portrait said, looking at Harry’s absence of right arm, “that you aren’t looking for her.”

“Yes, Professor Dumbledore, I wanted to talk to you.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what do you think?

Old Post Aug 15th, 2007 02:19 AM
howdugetsougly

Chapter 6: Ersetzen Arthrono

“Well then, how can I be of service to you? If it is my knowledge you seek, you must know that I do not know everything that I did while I was alive. I only have the portions that my real self left me,” Albus Dumbledore said, in the form of his portrait. He was located directly behind the desk. To the right of Dumbledore, another frame had been planted. In the frame sat the short-termed Headmaster, Severus Snape. He scowled at Harry and turned his back on him. Harry smiled and addressed Dumbledore.

“Yes, I know that. But I believe you will have the information I seek. If you don’t than I will be one-armed Harry for the rest of my life.” Harry stopped and returned the smile that rose on his old Headmaster’s face. “You know, I assume, that Riddle gave Wormtail a silver hand?” Dumbledore nodded. “Well then you can guess my interest in the occasion.”

Harry gestured to his right side, indicating where his arm might be.
“First, Harry, I must know how your arm ca e to be missing. While Wormtail’s hand was replaced, it was not severed with dark magic. If your arm was, then the feat cannot be duplicated,” the Headmaster said. Harry explained the potion and its result. Dumbledore smiled when he concluded.

“Very good, Harry. You thought quickly. It is a good thing that it wasn’t removed with dark magic; otherwise you would have no chance. Now I can help you.” Dumbledore explained the origin of the spell Voldemort had used on Peter Pettigrew.

It had been invented by Salazar Slytherin himself. After he departed from the school, Slytherin traveled the world enhancing his knowledge of magic. He had met an old wizard in a town in what is now Australia. The wizard had been searching for silver in the area and Slytherin agreed to help him for a while, hoping to gather the man’s knowledge as well as make him richer. Slytherin and the wizard had found their quarry and celebrated.

However in a mining accident the wizard lost his leg. Feeling sympathy for the wizard he had spent so much time with, Slytherin used some of the silver around him to replace the man’s leg.

Over the years, presumably in the Chamber of Secrets, Slytherin honed his skills, including the transfiguration spell he invented so that he did not need a vat of silver close by and he could simply conjure a silver-like substance to replace body parts.

“You see, Harry, Slytherin valued the ability to heal, mainly so he could heal himself in a crisis, and especially concentrated on spells like this one. It will take you a considerable amount of effort to do this spell. I know you have the power but you need the concentration. You should practice with broken objects. Conjure silver legs to chairs and such when you feel you are ready cast it upon yourself, pointing the wand at your shoulder. The spell is pronounced Ersetzen Arthrono. Use caution, Harry, because if done wrong, you could end up worse than before.”

Harry thanked Dumbledore and left the Headmaster's office. Hearing behind him Dumbledore and Snape talking. "Hey, Severus, aren't his eyes beautiful? Couldn't you just die looking into them?"
"Oh, shut up! Give it a rest why don't you? Twenty-four years later and all you can talk about is how I died..." came Snape's reply.

Harry left Hogwarts the same way he came. Harry thought of the difficulty before him. He knew that this would take time, but it seemed that if he spent all the necessary time on the task, he would surely have missed his opportunity to save his children and stop this KD. Harry wanted to do this quickly. What he needed was more time to work on the spell. He needed to freeze the current time, master the spell, and then return so that, virtually, no time had actually passed.

Harry got an idea. It would technically lower his life span, but he still had half of his life left. Harry smiled as he departed the Hog’s Head and walked to a safe Apparition point.

--

“Hermione?” Harry asked, walking into the library at Grimmauld Place. Hermione had buried herself in books every moment she had free time since Harry made his recovery. She looked distraught as she slowly pawed through a book. “Hermione, listen, you need some rest. Go and have a lie down, I’ll search for now.”

Hermione needed to be dragged to her feat and Harry helped her stumble to her bedroom. She collapsed and immediately fell asleep. Harry went searching for Ron, hoping his best friend could do him a favor.

Harry found him, not surprisingly, eating in the kitchen. He had a huge sandwich in front of him and he was about to sit down to his snack.

“Hullo, Harry! Come and eat with me! You can make yourself a sandwich, can’t you?” Ron said merrily and picked up his own sandwich, eying it greedily.

“No thanks Ron. Listen I need to tell you something, and then I need to leave. I also need you to pass along the information to Hermione and Ginny. I don’t know how to say this….”

Ron put down his snack and listened to Harry. He didn’t like what he was hearing but Harry was his best mate and he needed this favor extremely. Harry explained to Ron the etymology of the spell Voldemort used to repair Pettigrew’s hand. Then he told him of his plan to master the spell. Harry could tell that Ron didn’t like the plan.

“I guess you’re telling me to tell Hermione and Ginny because you know that they will both refuse to let you do it?” Ron said, knowing the answer. Harry nodded and Ron gave a sigh. “How long do you think you’ll be out for?”

Harry hadn’t thought about it. “I don’t know. I could be gone for an afternoon, or for a second. There’s also the possibility that it won’t work and I’ll be gone for a year or more. That’s why I’m telling you. You three need to be prepared for the worst case scenario.”

Ron nodded grudgingly. Then he spoke in protest. “Listen, mate, I’m all for your plan, I think you need your arm back and this spell sounds like the best option. But if you’re gone for that long, you know who the girls will blame, right? They’ll blame me! I’ll be sleeping outside eating scraps by the time you get back.”

Harry did not smile at this because it was likelihood that the girls would blame Ron. “I understand your concern, but if all goes according to plan, you don’t have to worry. I will hopefully be back right after you tell them so they can take the anger out on me.”

“You better hope that all goes according to plan, because if it doesn’t and they don’t kill you, I will.”

--

Two days later, Harry received a letter. Ginny wanted to know who it was from, but Harry rejected her inquisitiveness. Right away, Harry sent an owl to Ron, telling him to bring Hermione to Godric’s Hollow.

“Ginny, listen, I need to go out but Ron and Hermione are coming over. When they get here I want you to take them to the sitting room and have some tea. I might be a while so just have some conversation about, well, you know, this-and-that. Explain to them that I had to go away for a bit and will be with them shortly, okay?” Harry paused to catch his breath. He had been talking really fast, anxious to get out of the house.

Ginny nodded at Harry, and before she could ask what this was about or where he was going, Harry departed from the house.

Harry took one last look at Godric’s Hollow, to preserve an image in his mind while he was gone. Then, turning on the spot, Harry Disapparated.

--

Old Post Aug 15th, 2007 05:40 PM