KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Harry Potter Fiction » Harry Potter and the Tomb Spell

Harry Potter and the Tomb Spell
Started by: howdugetsougly

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
howdugetsougly

The stunner had gained force and speed through the help of the wind. But just before the spell hit Deren, he pointed his wand at Harry’s feet. Instantaneously the floor jutted up and hit the bottom of the chandelier, forcing the direction of the wind upward. Though the wind strengthened the stunner, it also now controlled its destination, and when the wind changed direction, so did the stunner. It fizzled out once it hit the ceiling, a fruitless effort on Harry’s part. While Harry watched astounded at the chain events that were taking place, Deren yelled a curse at Harry.

“Crucio!” Harry fell to the floor in agony. Feeling the white-hot needles pierce his skin over and over again, Harry also felt something in his body. A presence much like the one he felt once he entered the house. A voice stirred in his head, but it was not his conscience.

So, I have finally got you. I am surprised you lasted this long, Deren’s voice. It was full of contempt and pity. Harry did not understand how Deren got in his head. Even throughout this pain that he was enduring, Harry kept his Occlumency shield up. Yes, and it is a very pathetic attempt at Occlumency, Mr. Potter. I have been reading your thoughts the entire time, only you could not detect my presence, because I was hiding, secretly exploring your mind as we fought. And now I have an idea of how the great Mr. Potter defeated my mentor. Harry shrieked with pain as the thought of Voldemort’s defeat concentrated the power of the Cruciatus Curse. Harry was going to lose consciousness, he knew.

I am disappointed in you. I thought that you would’ve used any tactic at all to win, considering what’s on the line for you. But you used no dark magic at all. What is it, Potter? Are those techniques too dirty for you? Are you so high up on the pedestal of greatness that you would not stoop to such levels? Well, now you have been defeated. I have only a single regret, which is that I won’t get to see the despair upon your face when you see your family killed. Oh yes, you can rest assured that your wife and children will be joining you shortly in the afterlife.

At the mention of his family dying, Harry’s eyes glowed red. He would not let them be murdered. Harry would rather die saving them than join them after death. Harry thrashed about, trying determinedly to shake off the pain. He then yelled to increase his adrenaline, and doing so, Deren was surprised and the connection weakened. Harry used this chance to get up and run to his fallen wand. A killing curse flew by his ear as he dove for his wand.

Turning on his back once he had grasped it, Harry shot spells so quickly at Deren, that only the first few were blocked or parried. But the stunners and disarming spells hit Deren’s body like bullets from a Muggle machine gun.

Deren fell to the floor unconscious. Harry got up, weaker than he had ever felt in his life. He had been under the Cruciatus Curse for a good five minutes. Harry stumbled over to the door of the room, eager to save his children. As soon as he left the room however, Deren’s voice erupted in his mind once again.

If you are hearing this, Mr. Potter, than you have defeated me. Or should I say you have abandoned our duel. If you had truly defeated me, and I dead, you would not be hearing this. No, instead you have left me unconscious. This was not a part of the deal. For that, Lily shall be killed. Instructions for this order have already been sent and the order has most likely already been carried out. Also, James shall be killed. I have sent this order because you did not submit to my questioning. My final question was if you would bring back your mother and father. You replied that it was impossible. I do not believe I asked if it was impossible, only if you would do it, given the opportunity. You may still save your son, Albus, if you can rescue him in time, otherwise he shall be killed in five minutes. Until we meet again, Mr. Potter.

The voice stopped as abruptly as it had started. Harry rushed throughout the house, looking for his son or any signs of life at all. Harry panicked because of the news that his daughter and eldest son were already dead.

Harry rushed into his former bedroom and tore it apart. He looked under the bed for a trapdoor, but to no avail. Wildly, he threw the closet door open. There, slumped at the floor, was James Potter’s lifeless body. A loss for speech, Harry sent the body to Godric’s Hollow. Looking for Albus Harry next came upon the body of Lily inside Dudley’s old room. Sending it to Godric’s Hollow, Harry let tears pour down his face as he frantically searched for his living son.

Harry saw a swish of a cloak near his left, and he fired a Stunner. A body crumpled to the floor and when he checked it out, it was his son. However, there was a glaze in his eyes, telling Harry that he had been Imperiused. Looking around for any enemies, Harry Apparated with his son to Godric’s Hollow. He Apparated away from all the pain, misery, and malice that destroyed a part of his family.

Away from the deadliest man since Voldemort terrorized Harry’s life.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2007 11:00 PM
howdugetsougly is currently offline Click here to Send howdugetsougly a Private Message Find more posts by howdugetsougly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Giggles
do you like the dark?

omg i cried so hard, tht is sad, noooooo
they cant b dead, u have 2 let them live
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

gud post tho

Old Post Oct 1st, 2007 11:56 PM
Giggles is currently offline Click here to Send Giggles a Private Message Find more posts by Giggles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
howdugetsougly

yeah, well, symbolism gotta love it

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2007 01:38 AM
howdugetsougly is currently offline Click here to Send howdugetsougly a Private Message Find more posts by howdugetsougly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Giggles
do you like the dark?

huh? im lost??

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2007 07:48 PM
Giggles is currently offline Click here to Send Giggles a Private Message Find more posts by Giggles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
howdugetsougly

lol, in the beginning of SS, who did Harry lose? well this is a new Harry, and at the beginning of this book, who did Harry lose? symbolism, ya know?

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2007 09:44 PM
howdugetsougly

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2007 09:47 PM
Giggles
do you like the dark?

well.....kinda......but that's not fair, i love the little baby girl

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2007 09:49 PM
howdugetsougly

lifes not fair, but sometimes it can be lenient (sp)

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2007 10:43 PM
howdugetsougly

wow ok, so if u didnt notice the chaps went from 8 to 10. i forgot to post nine. sorry but its kinda important so im gonna post it now

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2007 11:14 PM
howdugetsougly

Chapter 9: Arrangements

Harry asked every person he knew if they knew a person with the initials KD. Ginny did the same, but neither of them found more than one or two people and they were either dead or did not fit the profile of the KD Harry and Ginny were searching for. None of them had backgrounds that would lead anyone to believe they were involved with the real KD, let alone be him.

Harry grew frustrated with his lack of success. He had spent his last few days searching every aspect of his life, looking for a KD. He reasoned this because this KD had something personal against him, which was why he was being targeted. Ginny was trying also but she came up even more short than Harry. She couldn’t help him remember a KD in his life. She could remember what happened when they were together, but she couldn’t trigger his memories easily.

After three days of unsuccessful searching, Harry received a letter from the large dark owl of KD. It appeared outside of Harry’s kitchen window while he was eating breakfast with Ginny.

“Harry, is that the owl you were talking about?” Ginny asked quietly as they watched the owl carefully.

“Yes, and I think I know what the letter is going to say,” Harry responded. The owl, going through its routine, pecked the window once and glared at Harry. Harry walked over to the window, pulled out his wand, and opened it. He kept his wand trained on the owl as it fluttered to the middle of the table and stuck out its leg with the letter attached to it.

Harry was cautious as he untied the letter and stepped away from the owl. Harry opened the letter with his wand in case the seal was poisoned or cursed. Ginny stood over his shoulder as they read the letter.

HJP,

You were more conniving than I would’ve thought. I didn’t think that you would go to such lengths or even think of that as a solution under pressure like that. I commend you.

But, because you have decided to take your life in your own hands I must insist that we meet face to face. I cannot take the chance of your survival again.

I’m sure you will be glad to hear that your sons and daughter are doing fine. Other things however, you might not find to pleasant.

As I am sure that your wife, Ginevra, is reading this, I must ask you to let her read no further. You will not be able to finish reading this letter unless only one is viewing it.

Harry stopped and looked at Ginny, who looked back.

“I’ll just let you read it when I am done, I promise. I wouldn’t do anything without you” Harry said. Ginny understood and stepped away to finish her tea. Harry put the worried look on Ginny’s face out of his mind as he continued to read. The text, magically, appeared.

Thank you. Now I can reveal the information as to where and when we shall be meeting. But first, the conditions.

You must come alone. Failure to comply will result in Albus Severus’ death.

You must submit to my questioning. Failure to comply will result in James’ death.

You must adhere to the rules dueling and you are not allowed to leave until you have defeated me, or I you. Failure to comply will result in Lily’s death.

You will show up three days from now, at midday, at the residence of Mr. and Mrs. Dudley Dursley, Number 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey.

Please send an affirmation of compliance back with my owl.

KD

Harry stared at the paper; he was to duel inside his cousin’s home. The place in which he grew up miserable, he was to place another bad memory on top of the ones he had already.

Harry handed the letter over to Ginny but as soon as it left his hand it burst in flame, burning Ginny’s hand. They treated it, and Harry tried telling Ginny what it had said, but he seemed to become tongue-tied whenever he tried. Harry suspected that it was magic that was the cause of it. Harry wrote “I agree.” On a slip of parchment and gave it to the owl. Which flew off out of sight.

-----------------

yeah so that was kinda crucial sorry for the confusion

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2007 11:16 PM
Giggles
do you like the dark?

yup good post big grin

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 11:21 PM
howdugetsougly

yeah, now u know why i did what i did, *sniff-sniff*

Old Post Oct 4th, 2007 12:31 AM
Giggles
do you like the dark?

yup, lol big grin

Old Post Oct 4th, 2007 12:42 AM
Giggles
do you like the dark?

POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 09:58 PM
howdugetsougly

Chapter 12: Mourning

The foggy morning crept up on the tired inhabitants of Godric’s Hollow. There was no bright sunshine to clear up the moods on the guests staying at Harry and Ginny’s home. The night had passed by in silence, but there was no rest or sleep for anyone who had known about the tragic losses to the Potter family.

Harry had spent the entire night locked in a spare bedroom. Ginny, Ron, and Hermione had all tried to get him to come out, but he would not listen. They were not the ones that let their children be murdered. It was his fault; he had not been good enough to rescue his children.

Harry sat in his armchair, with his head down. He thought about how manipulative Deren had been. Deren found the smallest of loopholes in his conditions. He had known Harry would not kill when he could incapacitate. He also anticipated that Harry would be too scared to think about bringing back the dead. Harry knew of only one way to bring the dead back, and even then the dead were not alive and could only be seen by the one who summoned. Also, the Resurrection Stone was probably deep in the earth of the Forbidden Forest by now.

Harry looked out of his window. The sun was rising slowly. It was dulled by the fog, but Harry could still make out the red sky around it. It was a bad omen.

There was knock on Harry’s door. Harry sighed: he did not want to be bothered. He didn’t want his friends see him like this. He had brought so much misery to their lives when they were young, and he was doing the same thing now.

“Dad? Can I come in?”

Albus Potter’s voice was like a knife to Harry’s heart. He had not even thought about how terrible of an experience he had put Albus through. Al had to go through life without his siblings, the people he had grown up with. Albus would be constantly reminded that nobody would ever know the way he and his brother had bonded, their rivalry set aside. He would not be able to take care of any girl the way he had taken care of his sister. He had listened to her worries of exams and bullies, and he had helped her study and shown her powerful hexes.

“Dad? Are you in there?” Albus’ voice carried into the room again.

Harry could not just let his son lose his brother and sister, and then deny him the right to talk to his father. He walked to the door and opened it. Immediately, Harry was forced into a hug by his sixteen year old son. He hugged back and tears dripped down both of their faces. All the worry and fear that was in Albus seemed to drip off of him as held on to his father.

Harry took on his son’s grief, holding him tighter until time seemed to stand still. Harry thought about speaking but nothing could ever say more than how they were communicating now: silent but emitting love.

After what seemed like days, they broke apart and looked each other in the eyes. Harry understood the questions in Albus’ eyes. And with the smallest of nods, Albus understood the answer.

Are we going to get through this? Are we going to get the guy who did this?

Harry and Albus walked out of the bedroom and headed towards the kitchen.
Ginny, Ron, and Hermione all sat at the table sipping tea. Harry knew that no speech had been uttered that morning, just by looking at their expressions.

“How are you… feeling, Harry?” Ron said, looking worried. Harry gave a grim smile and continued to procure himself and his son some tea and biscuits. Harry knew that his road would be bumpy, but he had gone through rougher roads earlier in his life. He had gone against the greatest dark sorcerer in the century when he was only seventeen.

Realization hit Harry. He stood with his mouth wide open, still pouring his tea.
As it overflowed and Albus tugged the kettle out of his hand, Harry crossed the kitchen and almost ran back into his room. He crossed to his wardrobe and to the left of it he tapped the wall. A fountain looking pedestal emerged from the wall.

Harry looked into his pensieve, staring at his own thoughts. He placed the tip of his wand on his temple and called forth a memory. Almost throwing the silvery liquid string into the basin, Harry saw the figure of Deren rise up out of the watery liquid. A hologram, silver and tall, spoke with the voice of Deren.

Well, I do receive advice and some small instruction as to further my plans, but yes I am the ring leader, and I am KD.

A flicker and the figure changed and Harry heard his own voice, it had spoken of his defeat of Voldemort.

Deren seemed to flinch at the mention of the defeat of Voldemort.

It flickered again, and the last question that he had asked Harry was heard.

I just have one more question then. If you could bring back your parents from the grave, would you do it?

The figure dissolved and Harry closed the pensieve, turning to face his family and friends that were at the door. They all wore the same expression: What are you doing Harry?

“We have a huge problem,” Harry said to them and they showed the slightest signs of fear. But what they heard next struck them with fear that they hadn’t experienced since their Hogwarts years. Albus grew scared of the mere relay of the information, even though he had not been alive at that point.

“Voldemort is still alive. KD brought him back. He’s helping KD.”

Old Post Oct 16th, 2007 11:14 PM
Giggles
do you like the dark?

omg...best post ever

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 03:09 AM
howdugetsougly

thank you, well i'm glad that i can get down to some real sleuthing on Harry's part. Hes got a pretty big task on his hands...

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 06:50 PM
saidada

can you continue please?

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 06:53 AM
saidada is currently offline Click here to Send saidada a Private Message Find more posts by saidada Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gh_hr _for_eva
xXxmaddyxXx

omg i love he binging voldermort bak and please post again

Old Post Dec 25th, 2007 06:29 AM
gh_hr _for_eva is currently offline Click here to Send gh_hr _for_eva a Private Message Find more posts by gh_hr _for_eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
howdugetsougly

sorry for the absence!! review posts to realign with storyline.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 13: He’s… Back?

“What? You can’t be serious, Harry,” Hermione said, very knowingly.

She looked Harry up and down, almost as if to look for some sign of delirium in his stance. Ron looked confused at Harry’s statement. He was torn with believing his old mate and listening to reason. Ginny looked sympathetic towards her husband. Harry had been with her at her side all throughout their marriage. They had stood together in all their actions. They had protested the new editor position of The Daily Prophet being handed to Rita Skeeter when Hermione was away for Ministry duties. They had simultaneously wanted to sit down together to discuss having children. But now, Ginny wanted so much to convince
Harry that he was wrong; that the Dark Lord was gone, never to return.
Albus looked at all their expressions. For some reason, Albus felt this fuzziness in his head. It wasn’t painful, or annoying, rather it felt like the fuzz was cleaning his mind. After a moment, the looks on his elders faces became clear to him, and he grew frustrated with them.

“I believe you, Dad,” Albus said loud and clear. “I know you killed him, and that many saw him die, but if you say he is back I believe you. Didn’t you also say he was one of the most powerful wizards of his time?” Albus seemed to be talking more to Ginny, Ron, and Hermione now. “If so, then I’m sure he could’ve found away death. Or at least a way to come back from it.”

Hermione started, getting ready to launch into an explanation of the former Voldemort’s plans, but Harry cut her off.

“Yes, he might have. In fact I’m sure he tried very hard. Ron, Hermione and I all knew of his plan when we were your age. But we headed it off, and that allowed me to defeat him. There must’ve been something we missed.” Harry looked at Hermione, but she still seemed determined to prove them wrong, that Voldemort was gone for good. “Listen, Hermione, I know what you’re thinking, and in any other circumstance,
I’d agree with you. But the clues add up. Here look at this.”
Harry had them surround the pensieve. He prodded the surface and the form of Deren rose.

Well, I do receive advice and some small instruction as to further my plans, but yes I am the ring leader, and I am KD.

Harry stopped it there. “This is a subtle clue. He’s obviously receiving help. From what I could tell, Deren didn’t really need any help.
Voldemort, on the other hand, would be a very big help to any dark wizard.”

Deren seemed to flinch at the mention of the defeat of Voldemort.

Harry again stopped it. “Why would he flinch? The only ones who still fear his name are the older ones, and even then it is more of a twitch in the eye. This flinch must mean the continued presence of the once Dark Lord.”

I just have one more question then. If you could bring back your parents from the grave, would you do it?

Harry stopped for the third and final time. “He asked me about resurrecting people. Why would he do that? I’m sure he would not tell me how to do it even if he answered. Of course he could just want to see my reaction, but with Voldemort, and in this case his pupil’s, there was always a meaning behind the things he did. I think this is Voldemort’s way of saying, ‘I’m back.’”

Hermione immediately started up. “Harry, listen to yourself. This is merely a crazed dark wizard. Even if it was Voldemort, this isn’t his style. Well the brutal murders are, but Voldemort wouldn’t do it this way. Remember what Sirius and Remus told you in before fifth year?
When he came back he didn’t want anybody to know. He wanted to kill you and then he could still be able to conduct his business from the shadows. The only reason we were prepared was that you survived….”

“But don’t you see? This is just like then. He tried to kill me, but failed. Now his second return will be foiled because I can warn everyone, again!” Harry exclaimed.

Ron put a hand on Hermione’s leg, sensing her tension. “Listen, ‘Mione, I know that he shouldn’t be back. But the boot does fit. The least we can do is check it out. We’ll deal with this Kione Deren guy and then we will get to the bottom of this.” Hermione calmed down. She let her breath steady itself.

“Alright Harry. I still think he hasn’t returned. But as long as this Deren character is out there, we’ll fight. Personally, I would like to believe that he won’t return and we don’t have to worry about any of this. But apparently what I want is very insignificant to dark wizards.”

Ginny stared deeply at her husband. He had a determined look in his eyes. Ron and Hermione excused themselves and went back to the kitchen. Albus followed, realizing the need of his parents for privacy.

“Harry, you do believe he is back don’t you? No matter what you’re going to stop him aren’t you?” Harry nodded grimly. “Then we are going to avenge my babies. They didn’t deserve to die, just because they were your children.”

Harry smiled solemnly and held his wife. “Actually, I think he just didn’t like the news of his favorite Quidditch star leaving his favorite team.”

Ginny let out a small giggle and the just stood there, in each other’s embrace, preparing for the adventure laid before them.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Short i Know, next will be longer. promise.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2007 12:12 AM