KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » I Hate Johnny Depp/Jack Sparrow

I Hate Johnny Depp/Jack Sparrow
Started by: To Freedom

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
potcfan2003

I don't really have a reason...

thank you to Mrs.Fish for the siggy!!

Old Post Aug 12th, 2007 04:18 PM
potcfan2003 is currently offline Click here to Send potcfan2003 a Private Message Find more posts by potcfan2003 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tee_pirategirl
YoHo!YoHo!

Ummmmm....well you must have SOME reasons even if the aren't logical.

Freedom...

Old Post Aug 12th, 2007 04:28 PM
tee_pirategirl is currently offline Click here to Send tee_pirategirl a Private Message Find more posts by tee_pirategirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
potcfan2003

I think he's really ugly...

Old Post Aug 12th, 2007 09:48 PM
potcfan2003 is currently offline Click here to Send potcfan2003 a Private Message Find more posts by potcfan2003 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

Well, I think Will is really ugly and I don't hate him, now do I? Nope.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2007 09:55 PM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

I don'tthink anyone could convince her with anything... unless we use another form of persuasion... shifty

I'm willing to bring out my 'persuasion' idea if you guys can't convince her.. *evil laugh*

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2007 03:44 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
To Freedom

Wow! Johnny Depp is ugly. How interesting. Just becos' some people are ugly doesn't mean that we hate them. Oh dear...

Any other reasons, peeps?

Old Post Aug 13th, 2007 07:00 AM
To Freedom is currently offline Click here to Send To Freedom a Private Message Find more posts by To Freedom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
taliakai
Jack Fan

OMG you scared me! how could anyone hate Johnny/Jack? its like impossoble!

I loved POTC 1&2&3! i can't wait for #4!(I hope)

Old Post Aug 13th, 2007 01:16 PM
taliakai is currently offline Click here to Send taliakai a Private Message Find more posts by taliakai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by taliakai
OMG you scared me! how could anyone hate Johnny/Jack? its like impossoble!

actually, it is. potcfan... *cough*

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2007 07:03 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
To Freedom

I hate Johnny Depp...for making me into an obsessive, hyperventilating, can't-get-enough-of-him, fan.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2007 07:47 AM
To Freedom is currently offline Click here to Send To Freedom a Private Message Find more posts by To Freedom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
potcfan2003

He is ugly...

Old Post Aug 14th, 2007 01:59 PM
Surreal_44

I don't hate Jack Sparrow or Johnny Depp....

But I don't really like them either. stick out tongue

That's right, I don't like Johnny Depp. I don't think his acting is spectacular, I don't think his looks are spectacular, I don't think his personality is uber wonderful, and I don't like most of his films.

Why?

I dunno. stick out tongue I look at Johnny and I'm like, eh...ok.

And trust me, I have tried to like him. I have looked at him wet, and without a shirt on, and of course the gazzillion and one photos of him on the net, and all I can say is that he's good-looking, but I don't tingle when I look at him.

As for Jack Sparrow, I think he's over-rated and really, really annoying. I've never really liked his character. In fact, the only way I've truly enjoyed reading him is through fanfiction, mostly Sparrington fics, or the ones written by honorat. If you haven't read any of her work, then shame on you, because she's brilliant. wink Go read. Even try reading her story "Worthy of His Steel", which is about Will as a child. It's so good that it feels like canon. Everything she writes feels like canon. wink

Ahem, back on subject: In conclusion, I do not hate Johnny or Jack, but they do not cause my ovaries to do a leap for joy, I find Jack annoying and Johnny is just a bit too weird for me, and I disagree with almost every opinion of his that I know about. Therefore, I do not feel much of anything for them. wink

~Banner made by JES, avatar made by Veronica_Rich. Thanks, girls!!~

Old Post Aug 14th, 2007 04:54 PM
Surreal_44 is currently offline Click here to Send Surreal_44 a Private Message Find more posts by Surreal_44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

My dad doesn't care for Johnny as a person but he likes Jack. smile

Heh, Surreal.. Do you like Orlando's acting?

Old Post Aug 14th, 2007 07:20 PM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surreal_44

I do in fact like his acting. I don't think he's brilliant at it, but I think he acts his characters as they are written. Will is meant to be a certain way and Orlando plays him that way.

He pulled of playing Paris extremely well, and "Kingdom of Heaven" I think he did really well in too.

I really think his strengths are in stage acting and in comedy. He was absolutely hysterical in "Elizabethtown", and there's a British show called "Extras" that he's on. He plays himself, only as a complete jerk and Johnny Depp hater, which is amusing considering the topic. Go watch it!!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eKMjrZXpgtI

Now, Orlando needs a bit more practice on acting, but he's not the worst I've ever seen. I didn't say Johnny was a bad actor; I just don't think he is all that is uber wonderful and good and great about acting. smile He's perfectly fine, just not the most gifted, spectacular actor I've ever seen.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2007 02:38 AM
Surreal_44 is currently offline Click here to Send Surreal_44 a Private Message Find more posts by Surreal_44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

Yeah I've seen that video. It's super funny.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2007 03:36 AM
To Freedom

Surreal, I think you belong to a minority of people who dislike Johnny Depp and the Jack Sparrow character. But it's ok, everyone's entitled to his or her opinion. My mum can't stand Johnny Depp 'cos she thinks he's unwashed, lazy-looking and smokes too much. But I don't care, I like bad boys.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2007 06:56 AM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surreal_44
"Kingdom of Heaven" I think he did really well in too.

Now, Orlando needs a bit more practice on acting, but he's not the worst I've ever seen.

I totally agree surreal. He did well in the Kingdom of Heaven. that was a great movie from him. he did good as legolas too, IMO.

lol about the johnny depp hater, i need to watch that.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2007 12:28 PM
tee_pirategirl
YoHo!YoHo!

That thing is hilarious considering Orlando is so sweet...and he doesn't care if he's number one in woman's magazines and stuff...and he played himself like he's super jealous of Johnny which isn't true and I guess that's what made it so funny!

I like Orlando's personality, I love him as a person and his interviews are always ones that I love to watch but I think he plays the characters a bit too by the book. He never brings something to the character that no other actor could bring you know? Like Johnny gave Jack a unique touch (even if you don't like Johnny/Jack you can't argue with the unique part) and Keira gave Elizabeth a fierce and strong look (which I really admire) but Orly didn't give Will anything that another actor like Jude Law couldn't give him. But I won't press this point because maybe I haven't payed enough attention.

Even is you don't like Johnny though you must admit that he's weird, unique, dark and twisted. The four things are the things that draw me to him. And I do think he is incredibly talented too...considering he's never studied acting SERIOUSLY like some of the other actors have and he's still better than most of them.

All I'm saying is that I don't think Orly is attractive but the whole world seems to think so and that makes me admit that perhaps he's not attractive to me but that he is attractive in general. Maybe some people might not think Johnny good looking or talented but he is in general...making any twisted sort of sense?

Freedom...

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 02:36 AM
tee_pirategirl is currently offline Click here to Send tee_pirategirl a Private Message Find more posts by tee_pirategirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

I totally agree with that post tee! hehe

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 03:15 AM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

*raises hand* I agree too!

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 04:49 AM
Surreal_44

It's really just down to a matter of opnion. I have a hard time liking Johnny because his personality grates at me. I don't really see anything dark or twisted about him. He is weird, and probably unique, but he always sounds a bit high to me.

Fair assessment or not on his state of existence, it's a turn-off for me. Drug-use or alcohol abuse is not something I see as an admirable trait. It's why I'm not a huge fan of anyone famous, simply because it seems to be an accepted part of their lifestyle, and I disagree thoroughly with it.

Moving along then...wink Orlando did bring a lot to Will. The problem is that Jack Sparrow is so over-bearing in the film it's far more difficult to appreciate Will's character for who he is and what Orlando did with him.

I have a hard time imagining anyone else bringing the dorky side and cool side of Will up simultaneously without going too far one way or the other. Orlando added bits of humor to Will, a strength and purpose, and flexibility. Nothing in Will's character felt forced, and I think many an actor would have been too stiff to play Will properly.

I know, I know. Many of you think Will is the most boring character ever, but even Elizabeth is dull in comparison to Jack, Barbossa and Davy Jones. In fact, I have a hard time taking on the idea that Elizabeth is so phenominal, since Kiera played the same type of character in King Arthur back a few years ago. Elizabeth (spunky female rebelling against the strict upper class society she was born into) is not unusual for films or novels, so I didn't really embrace her like many others did.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 02:43 PM