KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Started by: JediKatarn1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Good, good, and good all details the better.

I'm still broke since getting Halo 3. Eventually I'll get this for my DS later in the month. I just want the full scoop.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2007 08:53 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Okay, well, so far it's reminding me more of Ocarina than anything else, despite the fact that the style is all Wind Waker. I'm not sure why but as Ocarina is one of my favorite games ever, I'm not complaining.

I like that everything is done with the touch screen though so far it seems a bit imprecise at times - there was a bit where you had to write something in and it took me a couple tries because my handwriting tends to be lopsided, and most of the time when I try and do somersaults I end up attacking instead. I think these problems will go away as I get used to it, though.

But so far? I'm liking it. Being able to write notes on the map is very nifty, also.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2007 08:56 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Oh, and just a random note. The chickens? They can still kill you.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 02:34 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lana
Okay, well, so far it's reminding me more of Ocarina than anything else, despite the fact that the style is all Wind Waker. I'm not sure why but as Ocarina is one of my favorite games ever, I'm not complaining.

I like that everything is done with the touch screen though so far it seems a bit imprecise at times - there was a bit where you had to write something in and it took me a couple tries because my handwriting tends to be lopsided, and most of the time when I try and do somersaults I end up attacking instead. I think these problems will go away as I get used to it, though.

But so far? I'm liking it. Being able to write notes on the map is very nifty, also.

So what makes you say it seems like Ocarina? I figured it would have more in common with the old 2D games.

Im probably gonna go pick up a copy at lunch.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 01:41 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

You know, I really can't explain why it reminds me so much of Ocarina, but to me it just does. It's got the same sort of feel to it that Ocarina had for me.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 03:21 PM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Sweet. stick out tongue

OoT is my favorite game. big grin

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 03:29 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

My favorite Zelda, and one of my favorite games overall big grin

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 03:31 PM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Is it as cinematic as the 3D games? Or is everything just kinda read like in the 2D games.

I hate to say it, but story being presented through cutscenes in the new games is one reason I never get into the old ones. My first Zelda was OoT, and it was hard to go back and play the others where everything was told to you.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 03:35 PM
Peach
mordrem

It's a sort of mix, I think - there's definite cutscene bits, but people are still talking (and thus there's text) during them.

You get to yell at your DS and it be for game purposes and not actual frustration stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 03:45 PM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Yeah, I understand text, thats just Zelda. I just meant really if it had cutscenes to tell the story.

Thanks Lana. stick out tongue

Oh, is sailing as tedious as Wind Waker?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 03:52 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Sailing isn't exactly tedious, since you're given stuff to shoot, but it's a minor annoyance. Thankfully, the mechanism for warping around is introduced pretty early on.

Overall, the feeling I'm getting is the Oracle games, mixed with Animal Crossing, with WW's style and humor.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 04:10 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Hey, I have fun shooting down things in the ship.

Then again I was shooting down seagulls just because I could stick out tongue

And yes, there is a definite Animal Crossing element to it, which amuses me immensely laughing out loud

One part also reminded me very strongly of the Prince of Persia games, as well.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 04:13 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

*shakes fist at chickens*

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 04:36 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
*shakes fist at chickens*

lol

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 05:42 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

I wouldn't want it any other way. Knowing that Link can take down Ganondorf, Vaati, and so many powerful foes and yet he can be killed by a chicken.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 05:46 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

I got it. big grin

...but I dont go home for another 5 hours. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 06:21 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Just got Phantom Hourglass!

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 06:57 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Third temple down. So far I really like this game.

I've really liked some of the new "puzzles" in this one. I love the idea behind the new version of the good old Pol's Voice. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: finger snapping to scare evil bunnies FTW!

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 10:37 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Could certainly do without [SPOILER - highlight to read]: needing to redo the Temple of the Ocean King every time you finish a temple to get the next part of the map, though.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 11:09 PM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Wow, this game phenomenal. This is almost a 'console good' game, which is astonishing for a handheld. Zelda has been my favorite series since the NES days and this game is so far IMO, as good as ALTTP for best 'top down' Zelda game. The touch controls are implemented flawlessly. By far the best DS game out there, I'm addicted. I just completed Halo 3 on Legendary and so far I've had more fun in the first 3 hours of Phantom Hourglass then I did in all of Halo 3's campaign. erm

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Last edited by ((The_Anomaly)) on Oct 4th, 2007 at 08:26 PM

Old Post Oct 4th, 2007 08:20 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote