KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Started by: JediKatarn1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

I just got the second fairy (Wisdom) and I'm off to find Courage.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 02:57 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote:
This is almost a 'console good' game, which is astonishing for a handheld.

I think you're playing the wrong games if you think that.

And it's not really top-down.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 03:43 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lana
I think you're playing the wrong games if you think that.

And it's not really top-down.

Lol, if you say so Lana.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 06:25 AM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Well, it's true. Every game I've played on the DS has been as good as or better than most console games I've played. Just because it's a handheld instead of a console doesn't mean it's going to have inferior games by default - especially considering how many DS games are console ports.

And it's not top-down. Nor is it from the side/third-person. It's a sort of three-quarters angle.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 03:19 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

It still plays and looks like a top down game, its just more 3D and slightly closer then the top downs of old, because well, they didn't have the ability to do anything else. Needless to say it plays like the top down Zelda's of the past more then it does the 3D Zelda's now.

And well I agree that the DS has some truly awesome games, New Super Mario Bros. was freaking amazing and the best game with Mario in the title since Mario 64, but console games are still more complex and better then any DS game can be, which is obvious since the DS cant do a lot of things the consoles can. Take Metroid Prime Hunters. Hunters was amazing for a DS game but it would be a very mediocre console game (even if you updated the graphics) maybe if today was the N64 era then yea they'd be as good, but the top tier handhelds just arnt as good (normally) as the mid to top tier console games. And I think that's pretty obvious. My point was that for the first time on the DS, Phantom Hourglass is REALLY approaching being equivalent to the mid tier console games, which is truly phenomenal. Its by far the best handheld game I've ever played.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 07:01 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
It still plays and looks like a top down game, its just more 3D and slightly closer then the top downs of old, because well, they didn't have the ability to do anything else. Needless to say it plays like the top down Zelda's of the past more then it does the 3D Zelda's now.

Fair point. It feels a lot like the old GB Oracle games.

quote:
New Super Mario Bros. was freaking amazing and the best game with Mario in the title since Mario 64, but console games are still more complex and better then any DS game can be...

Nice self-contradiction there... roll eyes (sarcastic)

There are plenty of portable games that outdo a great many console games. I'd take a Sonic Advance (except 2) or Rush game over the console games after Genesis. The Castlevania series split, and I prefer the portable line. I like StarFox Command more than StarFox Assault. And the Golden Sun games were the best RPG series I ever played aside from Final Fantasy and the Tales series.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 09:35 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Originally posted by General Kaliero
Fair point. It feels a lot like the old GB Oracle games.

Nice self-contradiction there... roll eyes (sarcastic)

There are plenty of portable games that outdo a great many console games. I'd take a Sonic Advance (except 2) or Rush game over the console games after Genesis. The Castlevania series split, and I prefer the portable line. I like StarFox Command more than StarFox Assault. And the Golden Sun games were the best RPG series I ever played aside from Final Fantasy and the Tales series.

"Hunters was amazing for a DS game but it would be a very mediocre console game (even if you updated the graphics) maybe if today was the N64 era then yea they'd be as good, but the top tier handhelds just arnt as good (normally) as the mid to top tier console games. And I think that's pretty obvious"

Old Post Oct 6th, 2007 04:36 AM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by General Kaliero
I like StarFox Command more than StarFox Assault.

Yeah but no Star Fox game is as good as Star Fox 64.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2007 03:52 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

DS has some the most impressive and greatest games for any console

Old Post Oct 6th, 2007 06:15 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Originally posted by ESB -1138
Yeah but no Star Fox game is as good as Star Fox 64.

I miss Rare.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2007 06:35 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Rare are now Microsoft's Puppet I miss There Donkey Kong country Series among more great classics but they did make Viva Pinata, Rare are a British Company aren't they?

Banjoo Kazooie 3 soon....

Old Post Oct 6th, 2007 06:39 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by Captain REX
I miss Rare.

Why? Rare had nothing to do with Star Fox 64. That was all Nintendo. Miyamato was completely in charge of Star Fox 64 (heck he helped come up with the SNES Star Fox).

Old Post Oct 6th, 2007 06:52 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

By the way just want to point out I was just answering the Off-topic question Starfox is not part of Rare

Old Post Oct 6th, 2007 07:15 PM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

I finally started playing the game, I really like it. Just one minor complaint, I just wish you could atleast control movement without the stylus.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 12:44 AM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Just got on the Ghost Ship!

Originally posted by AstroFan
I finally started playing the game, I really like it. Just one minor complaint, I just wish you could atleast control movement without the stylus.

There's a ghost who died in the game who would have traded anything if he would be able to use the D-pad. I guess that must have been you.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 12:46 AM
Peach
mordrem

The Ghost Ship is annoying. I have a part of the map marked as the "annoying b!tch brigade". I'm sure you'll see why really fast stick out tongue

Boss fight was really neat and fun though.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 12:56 AM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by Lana
The Ghost Ship is annoying. I have a part of the map marked as the "annoying b!tch brigade". I'm sure you'll see why really fast stick out tongue

...thanks?

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 01:16 AM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

This game kicks arse-hole.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 11:40 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

I just beaten Phantom Hourglass over the weekend and I can say without a doubt that THIS is the best handheld game of the year. I really liked Linebeck. That has to be my favorite character since Malon.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2007 09:37 PM
Peach
mordrem

Linebeck kinda annoys me stick out tongue

(I love Malon, though)

I haven't played PH the past few days because I messed up a bit and now have to redo part of it which I don't want to do. I hate the Temple of the Ocean King sad

Old Post Oct 16th, 2007 09:41 PM