KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Started by: JediKatarn1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Peach
mordrem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Just goes to show about opinions; this is my second favourite game on the DS; gets very glowing praise indeed from me.

What's your favorite?

And I do really, really like this game...I'm still just annoyed at the one bit of it.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Nov 12th, 2007 07:33 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Elite Beat Agents.

That game basically never stops being fun; it's very extendable.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 12th, 2007 07:44 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thunder Fox
F.M.L

Elite Beat Agents.

That game basically never stops being fun; it's very extendable.
never played that game >_>
Originally posted by Lana
What's your favorite?

And I do really, really like this game...I'm still just annoyed at the one bit of it.
what part are you annoyed with

Merc with a Mouth, the Crimson Nutcase

Old Post Nov 12th, 2007 07:45 PM
Thunder Fox is currently offline Click here to Send Thunder Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Thunder Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Having to go back to the Ocean King Temple repeatedly. I made a mistake (went through a portal instead of going back out the door, they should really ask if you're sure you want to use the portal), and got annoyed with it. Plus I just don't seem to be able to get the timing right with hitting the switches and stuff now.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2007 08:20 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Once you get the shortcuts you can whiz through that gumf pretty darn quick actually.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 12th, 2007 08:26 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

It is more annoyance then anything, when you get annoyed you can't do things well, nor do you think straight.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2007 08:29 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

This is very true.

BtVS

Old Post Nov 12th, 2007 08:32 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

So the game becomes harder, then what it is.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2007 08:35 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well my only issue with that is that it is true of plenty of games and I've played far worse than this for that, in games that werealso pretty good.

BtVS

Old Post Nov 12th, 2007 08:39 PM
Thunder Fox
F.M.L

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
It is more annoyance then anything, when you get annoyed you can't do things well, nor do you think straight.
it is why you set it aside for an hour or so to calm doen and restart it

Old Post Nov 12th, 2007 11:56 PM
Thunder Fox is currently offline Click here to Send Thunder Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Thunder Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

The final time through the Ocean King's temple... I just pretty much ran through without worrying too much about the time. But I also got a few hourglass upgrades while sailing, so that may have been what allowed it.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2007 11:58 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Well, I discovered some shortcuts thanks to Ush, so I got through it relatively quickly this try stick out tongue

And a bit more suicidally than normal. A lot of running up to the guards and smacking them with my sword so I could get past.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 12:18 AM
Thunder Fox
F.M.L

wow that is suicidal blink

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 01:08 AM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Phantom Hourglass; that has to be my second favorite DS game. The Temple of the Ocean King was kind of annoying until you figured out how to bypass a lot with ease.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 01:57 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Just goes to show about opinions; this is my second favourite game on the DS; gets very glowing praise indeed from me.

I just dont find it that fun.

But I do think that this game has the best dungeons out of all of the Zelda's. One compaint I sometimes have with Zelda dungeons is that if need to go somewhere, or end your playing session, you might have to go through the whole dungeon again to reach the spot you were at.

In this game, you can open shortcuts to each part of the dungeon. I really liked how they did that.

I just dont find the game that fun though. Non dungeon areas are not intersting to me.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 03:23 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Is Gannon in this game to.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 09:49 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

No- in fact, despite being in a direct following continuity, the game is strangely devoid of almost any reference to Wind Waker, to the point where setting it in the same continuity doesn't really have any meaning. Not that non-Ganon Zelda games are a bad thing., just that Link was wielding one of the Triforces, the Master Sword and the Wind Waker at the end of WW, three legendary artifacts, as well as riding the King of Red Lions.. You'd think he would notice they were gone.

I'll do a full review on it in time. Gotta do my big Bioshock review first though.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Nov 13th, 2007 at 01:07 PM

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 12:58 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Bioshock, I liked that, it was a good game, so if Gannon is not in the game, who is the last boss?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 01:02 PM
Thunder Fox
F.M.L

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Bioshock, I liked that, it was a good game, so if Gannon is not in the game, who is the last boss?
his name is Beldum i belive

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 07:43 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Thank you Thunder Fox, when you have a recurring boss it is hard to replace him, especially a classic like Gannon(dorf) oh well it is still a good game.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 07:47 PM