KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » New Powers!

New Powers!
Started by: Entity

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Hm, was it? sure.. i guess haha, cause it wasnt the last episode, cause i fell asleep during the commentary

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 19th, 2007 06:30 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

You know, I've never watched the episodes with the commentary provided on the NBC site.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2007 06:43 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

are the commentaries in the DVD the same as in the NBC site?
confused
never heard one or the other

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Oct 19th, 2007 06:47 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Entity
What about the ability to sence the powers in others and to see its full potential in them?
I actually thought about that: it's a guy with the power to see other people's powers as "energy balls" inside them. Then, seeing that energy, he's able to take a mental grasp at it, restricting them from moving, and sometimes even breathing. Plus, he is capable of stealing some of their powers for a short time, leaving them powerless; a la Rogue, just without stealing their memories and life energy.

It's someone I thought could fight Peter.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 12:29 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by Darth Macabre
I actually thought about that: it's a guy with the power to see other people's powers as "energy balls" inside them. Then, seeing that energy, he's able to take a mental grasp at it, restricting them from moving, and sometimes even breathing. Plus, he is capable of stealing some of their powers for a short time, leaving them powerless; a la Rogue, just without stealing their memories and life energy.

It's someone I thought could fight Peter.
Actually I just meant the power to sense others similar to how they do on Highlander.

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 01:17 AM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chickenlover98
Loving Chickens

Actually I just meant the power to sense others similar to how they do on Highlander.

eh. just another one id chalk up to the pointless powers board. doesnt really help you in any way and i dont see it being relevant

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 02:13 AM
chickenlover98 is currently offline Click here to Send chickenlover98 a Private Message Find more posts by chickenlover98 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

I know...your point being? I simply added on to it.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 02:22 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by chickenlover98
eh. just another one id chalk up to the pointless powers board. doesnt really help you in any way and i dont see it being relevant
I just think the show could use a few only slightly useful powers such as that.
I mean yea it wouldn't be very helpful to the average joe but I'd say someone like Sylar or the company or even a new third party could find it very useful.

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 02:36 AM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prime#

How about the ability to manipulate Sound waves. Imagine how cool it would be if Sylar pinned the guy to a wall, then he creates a high pitch frequency that, enhanced by his Super-Hearing does some major damage.

What if someone had the ability to become morbidly obese, without he ability would change back?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 02:59 AM
Prime# is currently offline Click here to Send Prime# a Private Message Find more posts by Prime# Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

The thing to remember is that all these powers are part of evolution; they will be beneficial to the survival of the Heroes (unless, of course, they meet Sylar) and mankind in general.

They are not going to obtain powers to become morbid obese. They can achieve that by eating Big Macs daily, not to mention that it is bad for the human body to become morbidly obese.

Sound manipulation, however, could be very useful. You wouldn't have to have enhanced hearing for a high pitched noise to hurt you.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 03:41 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by superkronick92

What if someone had the ability to become morbidly obese, without he ability would change back?

why would you want that?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 03:55 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by S_D_J
are the commentaries in the DVD the same as in the NBC site?
confused
never heard one or the other
they are not the same

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 03:57 AM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by S_D_J
why would you want that?

The point isn't the fact that it would be a power you want, you get what you're born with.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 04:01 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

The better question would be "How would it be beneficial to that individual's survival"?

If they happened to live in Antarctica, it might be helpful, but honestly? The body would need a source to generate fat from anyways.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 04:05 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Captain REX
The better question would be "How would it be beneficial to that individual's survival"?

If they happened to live in Antarctica, it might be helpful, but honestly? The body would need a source to generate fat from anyways.

Maybe if they could donate their body fat to be implanted in celebrities lips or something...they could sell their extra fat and make some major bank off of it. Then when they want to...BAM, more fat.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 04:07 AM
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by Tattoo
The point isn't the fact that it would be a power you want, you get what you're born with.

yeah I know... what I meant it's why he would want such "power" to be featured in the show... can't see a use for it in the story... not to mention that it sounds .... useless

EDIT: ... and what REX said... such power wouldn't be an evolution in actual society.... unless you live in Antarctica erm

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 04:11 AM