KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » The official respect thread of Dante

The official respect thread of Dante
Started by: Charlotte DeBel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (24): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

Old Post Jan 27th, 2008 08:35 PM
Sol Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Sol Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Sol Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

I can't wait for the DMC anime, I think it's gonna be good.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 03:33 AM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Akuma Killer
I can't wait for the DMC anime, I think it's gonna be good.

What do you mean? Second season? The links to view the first season with English subtitles along with "what's cool" episodes mini-reviews are on previous page of the thread.

Beware Blonde Badasses Emma Frost K' Dante

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 09:01 AM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

Originally posted by Wandering Flame
"New cool feature: You can put roses in your mouth."

Kidding..just had to let it out.

Poor Vergil was robbed of his only unique power aka energy swords. But the weird trigger for those swords aka red rose in the teeth gives the feeling of unique whitehaired glory...

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 09:05 AM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site

Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
What do you mean? Second season? The links to view the first season with English subtitles along with "what's cool" episodes mini-reviews are on previous page of the thread.
laughing I'm such a retard.

I just bought the 1st one over the net and currently waitin for it in the mail so I haven't seen a full episode yet.

But here's a though provoking question, what VG protagonist from the same or similar genre is cooler then Dante?

laughing out loud at the fact that some peeps said that Cloud curb Dante in a sword fight laughing

-Anakaris-

Old Post Jan 29th, 2008 04:43 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Who else?
Who knows?

But here's a though provoking question, what VG protagonist from the same or similar genre is cooler then Dante?
Kratos........maybe?

Old Post Jan 29th, 2008 07:54 PM
Who else? is currently offline Click here to Send Who else? a Private Message Find more posts by Who else? Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

Originally posted by Who else?
Kratos........maybe?

It depends what you consider being cool. Kratos has his share of fans- those who like big brutal bald men...not my taste. As a female, I'd prefer Dante over Kratos.

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Jan 31st, 2008 02:05 PM
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

And Cloud vs Dante=Cloud getting pwned in quite a brutal way. A friend of mine, who is fan of both, declared such threads "an example of sin towards greater whitehaired good"- since it's either half spite, or making Cloud>>>>he really is.
On the side note, out of game descriprion of Cloud was cooler than that of Dante (anime was a bit of disappointment, though many people consider it as proof that Dante is quite of a powerhouse even when in human form- he stays in human form 99,9% of anime, and there's only TWO evidences of supposing taking demon form- one is offscreen trashing of demonic prison guards, and another- Dante's face glowing red during the fight against final antagonist).

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Jan 31st, 2008 02:12 PM
EvilAngel
Over the hills

I disagree, Cloud with time and barrier materia > Dante IMO.

Cloud's time materia would neutralize Dante's, and the barrier to neutralize the guns. Then in a sword battle, there's no way Dante would beat Cloud.

Just because it's his repect thread doesn't mean you can make such claims and not have a word said against you

Old Post Jan 31st, 2008 02:43 PM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site

Originally posted by Who else?
Kratos........maybe?
Kratos is only cool in like the U.S and stuff. Dante is cool EVERYWHERE. Ya know, they even compare GOW and Ninja Gaiden to DMC in many reviews.

DMC is like the best game in it's genre, it's the game to beat, yo.
(anime was a bit of disappointment, though many people consider it as proof that Dante is quite of a powerhouse even when in human form- he stays in human form 99,9% of anime, and there's only TWO evidences of supposing taking demon form- one is offscreen trashing of demonic prison guards, and another- Dante's face glowing red during the fight against final antagonist).
Damn.

-Anakaris-

Last edited by No End N Site on Jan 31st, 2008 at 05:17 PM

Old Post Jan 31st, 2008 05:14 PM
No End N Site

Originally posted by EvilAngel
I disagree, Cloud with time and barrier materia > Dante IMO.

Cloud's time materia would neutralize Dante's, and the barrier to neutralize the guns. Then in a sword battle, there's no way Dante would beat Cloud.

Just because it's his repect thread doesn't mean you can make such claims and not have a word said against you
Yeah but Dante is WAY faster, and FAR more durable, I would only give Cloud a SLIGHT advantage in strength.

Dante's feats and showings out does Clouds.

-Anakaris-

Old Post Jan 31st, 2008 05:20 PM
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

In fact I hate respect threads being made into VS debates (Hellsing RT was spoiled that way by turning into pointless Dante vs Alucard thing). Though sometimes I mock Kain fanboys here, for example.

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 12:20 PM
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Yeah but Dante is WAY faster, and FAR more durable, I would only give Cloud a SLIGHT advantage in strength.

Dante's feats and showings out does Clouds.

Dante's speed is made out to be something it's not IMO. In the games Clouds omniclashes fors 18 hits inside 6 seconds, i've never seen proof Dante is that fast. Also i don't know of a feat that brings Dante's strength up to Clouds.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 01:02 PM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Though sometimes I mock Kain fanboys here, for example.

oh look, thats a sneaky bait isnt it erm shifty

but ill rise above going on about how Kain would tool dante, whats strange is you go on about how you dont like respect threads becoming debates then you throw an almost too obvious bait on the end....

Originally posted by EvilAngel
Also i don't know of a feat that brings Dante's strength up to Clouds.

from what i remember at least in the games there are none really, people seem to cling onto the "he swings his heavey bike around" and "broke a statues head" sort of small feats, thinking of cloud smashing through buildings, even though i dont like Cloud or have much knowledhe on him, infact i have complete dislike of him, i dont see Dante beating him in strength and the size of his sword alone would make Dante feel overbeared in a sword fight

Last edited by Burning thought on Feb 1st, 2008 at 07:38 PM

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 07:31 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

I bet Dante's gonna be broken in this game. Not only doe she have sronger Devil arms, he's gonna have his Adult Devil Trigger and if it has the same properties as part II or even part I it's over. . .

This mofo was seriously broken

Last edited by Classic NES on Feb 1st, 2008 at 10:39 PM

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 10:36 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

I like Cloud, but he's weak compared to alot of other game characters. Well, atleast his feats suggest he's not that good. Just lucky Sephiroth is in a playful mood all the time.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2008 11:34 AM
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

Originally posted by Classic NES
I bet Dante's gonna be broken in this game. Not only doe she have sronger Devil arms, he's gonna have his Adult Devil Trigger and if it has the same properties as part II or even part I it's over. . .

This mofo was seriously broken

Too bad Dante was turned into jobber in DMC4 to make Nero look cool (and to make sence that last 3 missions are played with Nero). Poor guy was ruinedsad(((... even Pandora Box isn't working as excuse (and the thing that Vergil has no exclusive powers now as his lil'bro has inherited pretty much EVERYTHING Vergil had (teleportation, energy swords etc).

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2008 04:19 PM
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

But even "jobber" Dante still looks cool.

There's some interesting things from DMC4 (warning- spoilers! Don't look if you want to spoil your game experience)

Dante vs Echidna

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Dante fights the dragon\plant\succubi thing called Echidna (that's the boss he receives Gilgamesh from). He kicks all Echidna's spores away from himself ,rips Echidna's mouth apart after attempt to swallow him etc. In the end Echidna gets shot with charged bullet and explodes.
Gilgamesh+Jet Kune Do+"chi" (actually demonic energy) overload= Dante rules!!! How he "goes all Kenshiro" in the end kinda makes me happy... also those who are still "Dante can't jump high" should look at that!!!

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2008 04:59 PM
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

Dante vs Dagon

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Dante fights the ice frog boss to get the Pandora box. The initial taunt is too corny- I realize that they wanted to show an overconfident 30years old Dante who is on the peak of his power and just don't care about the very thing (it's more of a Nero's duty and Dante is just on the next mission), but not caring and acting stupid are diffirent things. In fact, probability-altering quality in game was "reduced" to destroying all the enemies around you in huge explosion fashion after you fill the gauge.
In that cutscene it gets explored a bit more, though- see the very end of the mission.

And I hope dumb blondie Trish gets shot in the head after all that for all her troubles of getting Dante into troubles.

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2008 06:31 PM
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

Dante vs Berial

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Once again, Berial gets shamelessly taunted by Dante. In the end of their fight, Dante taunts Berial into rushing on him and kills him with a well timed shot.
Lucifer, which he gets there, is a badass weapon. First of all, it somehow reshapes Rebellion into metal wings for Dante to fly even in human form. Second, the way it's used there is just badass...

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Feb 4th, 2008 08:03 AM