KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Respect The God of War!!!!!!

Respect The God of War!!!!!!
Started by: Sol Valentine

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
iChaos
The Embodiment of Chaos

*shudders* I can't wait for God of War III. I wonder how we will kill Poseidon & Hermes (i'm sure it has to do something with cutting off his feet). Did anyone hear that a god turns into a mortal and Kratos kills him?

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 04:07 PM
iChaos is currently offline Click here to Send iChaos a Private Message Find more posts by iChaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

quote: (post)
Originally posted by iChaos
Did anyone hear that a god turns into a mortal and Kratos kills him?

Which one?

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 08:01 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

If I had to throw out a guess, Helios?

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 10:11 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Well, it was said by Stig Asmussen that they had actually cut out some stuff and/or bit of dialogue in the demo they've shown. I'm not gonna assume it's much, probably more vital to what role Helios played in CoO.

Though I'm really curious as to whether or not Helios' head will have upgrades. From what I'd seen, it's not a magic item like the Gorgon Heads, but rather it runs on the yellow 'mana' guage below the magic meter like the new fire bow.

Anyway, regarding the GoW comic books I'd spoken of, I found what are said to be a few pieces of art for the upcoming mini-series.

Here's one. Seems pretty cool:
(please log in to view the image)
Note the slightly different clothing. Also, does anyone see a vague resemblance between that sword he's holding and the swords used in 300? Probably just a throwback.

Another:
A giant spider seems generic, but it has yet to be used in GoW. Arachnia, maybe?

They look pretty genuinely official as well, especially given the [Andy] "Park" signautures.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 10:48 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iChaos
The Embodiment of Chaos

Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
Which one?

It wasn't said. But it was probably Poseidon or Hermes.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 02:24 AM
iChaos is currently offline Click here to Send iChaos a Private Message Find more posts by iChaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

is there a reason why he has chains wrapped around his ankles?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 02:28 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iChaos
The Embodiment of Chaos

What?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 02:40 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

the above picture. there are chains wrapped around his calves. do they have a specific use or is he just an idiot?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 02:42 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Originally posted by Ms.Marvel

Because that's what god's of war do apparently ;p

Noticing stuff like that allot lately. For example, why does Kaiba have belts on his upper arms? What, are the sleeves too long? =\

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 02:44 AM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iChaos
The Embodiment of Chaos

Good question, lol. Shouldn't Kratos be dead in God of War II already? I mean, he knocked Zeus (after going back in time) down after Zeus had impaled him. So shouldn't Kratos be dead?.

Last edited by iChaos on Sep 29th, 2009 at 02:47 AM

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 02:44 AM
NemeBro

I assume to keep whatever that plate on his shin from falling off. Most likely the sandals of Hermes or something.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 03:11 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

*shudders* I can't wait for God of War III. I wonder how we will kill Poseidon & Hermes (i'm sure it has to do something with cutting off his feet). Did anyone hear that a god turns into a mortal and Kratos kills him?

Poseidon - Most likely with the trident. That'd be a sweet kill.

Where'd you read/hear that (Kratos killing a god-turned-mortal)?

Originally posted by NemeBro
If I had to throw out a guess, Helios?

Considering Helios never got crushed into pulp, it's safe to say he was godly, albeit severely weakened, when Kratos decapitated him. It'd be poor writing to have a mortal person fight off the Titan of Destruction.

Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
Well, it was said by Stig Asmussen that they had actually cut out some stuff and/or bit of dialogue in the demo they've shown. I'm not gonna assume it's much, probably more vital to what role Helios played in CoO.

Though I'm really curious as to whether or not Helios' head will have upgrades. From what I'd seen, it's not a magic item like the Gorgon Heads, but rather it runs on the yellow 'mana' guage below the magic meter like the new fire bow.

Anyway, regarding the GoW comic books I'd spoken of, I found what are said to be a few pieces of art for the upcoming mini-series.

Here's one. Seems pretty cool:
Note the slightly different clothing. Also, does anyone see a vague resemblance between that sword he's holding and the swords used in 300? Probably just a throwback.

Another:
A giant spider seems generic, but it has yet to be used in GoW. Arachnia, maybe?

They look pretty genuinely official as well, especially given the [Andy] "Park" signautures.

If the 'Firebow' is upgradeable, chances are that Helios' Head will be. Though I remember reading somewhere that HH was upgradeable, but I could be wrong.

They also better include a petrification magic/gorgon head in this game. Tied to Stheno preferably. It'd suck balls if they cut that out, CoO sucked major time because of the lack of a petrification magic as well as the fact that only Kratos could get petrified.

Any idea what time period those comics are set in? The first cover art is probably from when he was still a captain in the Spartan army. He doesn't look white to me.

The second looks to be after God of War 2, or an event during God of War 2 not shown in the game. Meh, most likely the former. It's definitely after he loses his status as a god since he doesn't have his armor, and because his blades are the Blades of Athena. The Blades of Chaos never looked like that.

Originally posted by EvilAngel

Noticing stuff like that allot lately. For example, why does Kaiba have belts on his upper arms? What, are the sleeves too long? =\

Style, babes, style.

It's part of the God of War Armor that he had when he was a god. The shin plates never fell off with the rest of his armor. The reason being the chains most likely.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Last edited by Demonic Phoenix on Sep 29th, 2009 at 03:20 AM

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 03:16 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iChaos
The Embodiment of Chaos

The GoW comic book is a prequel, and it's probably non-canon.

quote:
The adventures of Kratos continue! The Gods have chosen human champions and set them up to battle each other to the death! Kratos, the champion of Ares, is now a young captain in the Spartan army, and he leads his men on a quest from which they’ll likely not return – a quest that takes them across the Aegean Sea to battle Poseidon’s deadly underwater monsters! "Kratos' epic quest continues! In this issue, Kratos battles Poseidon, man-eating spiders and – most importantly – his own heart. He'll also learn it's much harder to kill a monster the second time around.

I heard that Kratos kills the mortal-turned-god at GameFAQs. I think it was in a magazine.

Last edited by iChaos on Sep 29th, 2009 at 03:19 AM

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 03:16 AM
Demonic Phoenix

Good question, lol. Shouldn't Kratos be dead in God of War II already? I mean, he knocked Zeus (after going back in time) down after Zeus had impaled him. So shouldn't Kratos be dead?.

He could be dead, seeing as he was impaled. Though Zeus drove the blade further into his body and then one-shotted the soldiers that were still fighting. That part has been changed.

The Kratos that went back in time is still alive though.

The GoW comic book is a prequel, and it's probably non-canon.

I heard that Kratos kills the mortal-turned-god at GameFAQs. I think it was in a magazine.

Does he kill a mortal-turned-god, or a god-turned-mortal >___>?

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 03:22 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

i guess. laughing out loud whose kaiba? oo

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 03:29 AM
Demonic Phoenix

Seto Kaiba I'm guessing.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 03:34 AM
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Seto Kaiba I'm guessing.

Exacta

Doesn't look weird until you notice it though, then it looks really lame ;p

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 03:43 AM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Exacta

Doesn't look weird until you notice it though, then it looks really lame ;p

Meh, I think it looks alright. That trench-coat looks awesome.

What's lame is the others not noticing in the Duelist Kingdom arc that Yugi changes >__>.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 03:50 AM
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Yeah he looks cool but still, the belts now draw my attention ^^'

hehe, yeah i was like "wait.... what.... rewind" ;p

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 04:02 AM
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Sorry for those who don't know who Kaiba is, here's a pic

http://bjyugiohstuff.wikispaces.com.../Seto_Kaiba.jpg

Old Post Sep 29th, 2009 04:04 AM