KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Insane Clown Posse

Insane Clown Posse
Started by: Violent2Dope

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bardiel13
I skimmed the article, because I'm waaaayyyy too lazy to read all of that. All I got from it was that they were wiggers.

Hardly fair.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Sep 20th, 2007 09:28 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardiel13
Elite Cannon Fodder

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Hardly fair.

-AC

What's not fair? I didn't judge them or anything. All I could remember from the article was that they were wiggers.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2007 10:01 PM
Bardiel13 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardiel13 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardiel13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

What's not fair? I didn't judge them or anything. All I could remember from the article was that they were wiggers.

If you're gonna diss someone at least read the article.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2007 10:05 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardiel13
Elite Cannon Fodder

If you're gonna diss someone at least read the article.

-AC

I dissed them based on the interview I saw. For all I care, they would have a strong, sincere, and positive message in their music, but I can't see it past their gimmicks.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2007 10:45 PM
Bardiel13 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardiel13 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardiel13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I dissed them based on the interview I saw. For all I care, they would have a strong, sincere, and positive message in their music, but I can't see it past their gimmicks.

Fair point.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2007 10:56 PM
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Because you didn't read it. I'll give you a hint, if you want to actually know the message, skip to The Wraith: Shangri La. And to PiruBlood, all you probably listen to is that shitty mainstream rap. ICP make the lyrics, Shaggy2Dope makes the beats(well, he and Mike E. Clark do), and Violent J can play an instrument, the guitar.

PYRON WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH STORM LULZ!

Old Post Sep 20th, 2007 10:57 PM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardiel13
Elite Cannon Fodder

Originally posted by Violent2Dope
And to PiruBlood, all you probably listen to is that shitty mainstream rap.

ICP is mainstream rap that many average joes consider shitty.

Also, I don't feel like putting time and effort into reading an extensive article about a group of people I have no interest in learning about. If they want to be taken seriously and recognized as serious people with a serious message, they should try a different, more direct way of showing it.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2007 11:27 PM
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

ICP is mainstream rap that many average joes consider shitty.

Also, I don't feel like putting time and effort into reading an extensive article about a group of people I have no interest in learning about. If they want to be taken seriously and recognized as serious people with a serious message, they should try a different, more direct way of showing it.
ICP is underground, as they are seldomly on TV or the radio, tho for an underground band they are very well known and liked(and hated). If you didn't want to know, why the f*ck did you ask?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 12:06 AM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

ICP is mainstream. It's certainly not underground; don't be stupid.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 12:09 AM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardiel13
Elite Cannon Fodder

ICP is underground, as they are seldomly on TV or the radio, tho for an underground band they are very well known and liked(and hated). If you didn't want to know, why the f*ck did you ask?

I want you to tell me their message. I don't want to read a huge article in order to find it. That would take effort sad

As for ICP being underground:
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! *sniff* Oh Gods, my rips hurt! I think something ruptured!

Come, now. ICP are very well known and are in no way "underground." Amon Amarth is less known than ICP by a long shot, but I don't consider them underground, either.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 12:12 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Insane Clown Posse are very much a cult group.

It's easy to feel that a band or group are well known when you're over-exposed to them.

Over here, in England, Tool are still pretty unknown to the mainstream, but people from America scoff at that notion because they are big there.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 12:22 AM
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

I want you to tell me their message. I don't want to read a huge article in order to find it. That would take effort sad

As for ICP being underground:
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! *sniff* Oh Gods, my rips hurt! I think something ruptured!

Come, now. ICP are very well known and are in no way "underground." Amon Amarth is less known than ICP by a long shot, but I don't consider them underground, either.
Being underground is not about how well known you are mate. It's about developing a loyal following(Juggalos) and not being recognized by the mainstream.

I'll try to summarize the message the best I can. ICP have been known for their violent and vulgar lyrics, that have been critisized by many. But there often is a hidden message, in most of their songs, the people being killed are greedy people and bigots, people who ICP generally dislike, and voice their displeasure about such practices. Also, in their albums, you will find songs that do indeed have a spiritual message, like Killing Fields in Riddlebox is about their personal view on what hell is like, and is done in a way to put him in hell(so it's like telling a story) as he goes thru what hell uis like, he also explains reasons why he's there, like in the verse "I'd steal from the poor, I'd laugh at the sick, but in the killing fields you get your f*ckin neck ripped". Other songs like Hall of Illusions, tho violent, it is a song telling a story of punishing people who have done wrong(like beating your wife) with illusions of what life could have been for them had they been just, before they are tossed in hell. Other songs like Pass me By are very direct on the message, it is a song about going to heaven. It wasn't until The Wraith: Shangri La, was the message fully revealed, that this whole time they followed God, and have been preaching him the whole time, under the moniker The Dark Carnival. Tho it would be important to realize that what they did is by no means an actual religion, just a set of moral beliefs that can be added to almost any religion.

On a side note, why do you think ICP are wiggers? Because the way they dress reflects hip hop culture?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 12:35 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I fail to see how dressing like clowns reflects hip hop culture.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 12:43 AM
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

I fail to see how dressing like clowns reflects hip hop culture.

-AC
Actually only the make up is that of a clown, a demented evil clown at that. evil face

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 12:48 AM
Bardiel13
Elite Cannon Fodder

Being underground is not about how well known you are mate. It's about developing a loyal following(Juggalos) and not being recognized by the mainstream.

I'll try to summarize the message the best I can. ICP have been known for their violent and vulgar lyrics, that have been critisized by many. But there often is a hidden message, in most of their songs, the people being killed are greedy people and bigots, people who ICP generally dislike, and voice their displeasure about such practices. Also, in their albums, you will find songs that do indeed have a spiritual message, like Killing Fields in Riddlebox is about their personal view on what hell is like, and is done in a way to put him in hell(so it's like telling a story) as he goes thru what hell uis like, he also explains reasons why he's there, like in the verse "I'd steal from the poor, I'd laugh at the sick, but in the killing fields you get your f*ckin neck ripped". Other songs like Hall of Illusions, tho violent, it is a song telling a story of punishing people who have done wrong(like beating your wife) with illusions of what life could have been for them had they been just, before they are tossed in hell. Other songs like Pass me By are very direct on the message, it is a song about going to heaven. It wasn't until The Wraith: Shangri La, was the message fully revealed, that this whole time they followed God, and have been preaching him the whole time, under the moniker The Dark Carnival. Tho it would be important to realize that what they did is by no means an actual religion, just a set of moral beliefs that can be added to almost any religion.

On a side note, why do you think ICP are wiggers? Because the way they dress reflects hip hop culture?

Alright, then. I'll take your word for it. However, they ARE recognized by the mainstream. Just about everyone, fan or not, has at least heard of ICP. And I say they are wiggers, because that's what the article said. A bunch of white kids, emulating hip hop culture, and pretending to be a street gang. Wiggers smile

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 12:53 AM
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anyone can portray that kind of message though, Violent2. Plus, when it's done in an awful fashion, using pretty run of the mill lyrics like that, it's nothing more than ordinary at best.

If you want to see the messages that can be spread through art forms, I suggest you broaden your horizons. Pick up some Blake or something.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 01:01 AM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Alright, then. I'll take your word for it. However, they ARE recognized by the mainstream. Just about everyone, fan or not, has at least heard of ICP. And I say they are wiggers, because that's what the article said. A bunch of white kids, emulating hip hop culture, and pretending to be a street gang. Wiggers smile
Oh, that was when they were just kids who recently moved to Southwest Detroit. They formed a gang called "Inner City Posse", and threw themselves in with the other inner city gains of Detroit, which was not a good idea lol, alot of their friends were run out of town and some died, til only a few members were left, ICP included. They don't deny this part of their lives.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 01:02 AM
Impediment
Endless

I admit it. I've been listening to a lot of ICP lately.

I used to be a huge juggalo, including the obligatory tattoo. Then I quit listening to them after the Shangri La album bullshit, because of the stupid f*cking "the Dark Carnival is God" schtick.

Now, I'm not nearly the fan I was, but still do like their music.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 01:15 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Impediment
I admit it. I've been listening to a lot of ICP lately.

I used to be a huge juggalo, including the obligatory tattoo. Then I quit listening to them after the Shangri La album bullshit, because of the stupid f*cking "the Dark Carnival is God" schtick.

Now, I'm not nearly the fan I was, but still do like their music.
If you look at their music, the message has always been there.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 01:17 AM
Impediment
Endless

True, but I feel it was a cop out to the whole Dark Carnival aspect. Not that I was a "believer", but I acknowledged it. This is me, speaking as a staunch atheist.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 01:30 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote