KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Insane Clown Posse

Insane Clown Posse
Started by: Violent2Dope

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Disturbed Angel
~.:Fae:.~

The only thing I like from them is "F.uck The World", for the obvious reason that it's hilarious. laughing out loud

Do you believe in faeries?

I do.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 01:33 AM
Disturbed Angel is currently offline Find more posts by Disturbed Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thought that was a Turbonegro song? Same name n all that I assume.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 01:34 AM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
True, but I feel it was a cop out to the whole Dark Carnival aspect. Not that I was a "believer", but I acknowledged it. This is me, speaking as a staunch atheist.
Well, as an atheist it would make sense that you wouldn't like it. And F*ck the World is one of their better songs, but even it has a deeper meaning. People often misunderstand this song. In it, Violent J curses virtually everything, high and low, absurd and plausible, saying "f*ck" 93 (or more) times. The point of the song comes in at the very final phrase, after mindless cursing of everything under the sun, then J brings it all together in the very final phrase of the song... "and f*ck Violent J". The point of the song being that you can curse everything in the world, but it the end it doesn't even matter.

PYRON WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH STORM LULZ!

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 01:46 AM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pezmerga
Black Knight

Wow that's so deep....roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 03:48 AM
Pezmerga is currently offline Click here to Send Pezmerga a Private Message Find more posts by Pezmerga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Well, as an atheist it would make sense that you wouldn't like it. And F*ck the World is one of their better songs, but even it has a deeper meaning. People often misunderstand this song. In it, Violent J curses virtually everything, high and low, absurd and plausible, saying "f*ck" 93 (or more) times. The point of the song comes in at the very final phrase, after mindless cursing of everything under the sun, then J brings it all together in the very final phrase of the song... "and f*ck Violent J". The point of the song being that you can curse everything in the world, but it the end it doesn't even matter.

Compared to

''To see a World in a grain of sand,
And Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour. ''*

*An actual religiously themed message.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 03:51 AM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pezmerga
Black Knight

Yeah it seems to me if you wanted a religious message you'd find something better than two retards with filthy mouths/minds to deliver it to you. Don't drink the kool aid man.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 03:53 AM
Pezmerga is currently offline Click here to Send Pezmerga a Private Message Find more posts by Pezmerga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
2D_MASTER
Restricted

Account Restricted

Personally, I don't know why people hate ICP so much. Musically I perfer them over a lot of other rappers. Lyrically they talk about dumb horror, midnless killings, necrophilia then turn around and rapp against drug use, wife beating and preach human harmony. Well in my opinion...it's not not that bad considering other rappers (that people find respectable) just talk about "cheddar", "bitches/hoez", "bling", "capp'n niggaz" and make up dumb words like "crunk" and "sho' shizzle". I mean really, sometimes I think people just hate ICP for the sake of hating them.

Shut up! It's Daddy, you shithead! Where's my bourbon?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 02:50 PM
2D_MASTER is currently offline Click here to Send 2D_MASTER a Private Message Find more posts by 2D_MASTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pezmerga
Black Knight

Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
Personally, I don't know why people hate ICP so much. Musically I perfer them over a lot of other rappers. Lyrically they talk about dumb horror, midnless killings, necrophilia then turn around and rapp against drug use, wife beating and preach human harmony. Well in my opinion...it's not not that bad considering other rappers (that people find respectable) just talk about "cheddar", "bitches/hoez", "bling", "capp'n niggaz" and make up dumb words like "crunk" and "sho' shizzle". I mean really, sometimes I think people just hate ICP for the sake of hating them.

...or because their musical talents are questionable at best?

In other words they suck.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 03:25 PM
2D_MASTER
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Pezmerga

Well that can be said about a lot of rappers. What makes ICP any worse?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 03:27 PM
2D_MASTER is currently offline Click here to Send 2D_MASTER a Private Message Find more posts by 2D_MASTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pezmerga
Black Knight

Nothing. we are discussing ICP not other rappers.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 03:30 PM
2D_MASTER
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nothing. we are discussing ICP not other rappers.

Well, you have to bring a standard or gague to judge by when you talk about "musical talent". You brought up their lack musical abilities, so I pointed out that a lot of rappers lack musical ability.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 03:38 PM
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

ICP make their own lyrics, Shaggy2Dope makes the beats(with Mike E. Clark), Shaggy is a good DJ, and Violent J can play guitar.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 08:26 PM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

That doesn't really refute what he said.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 09:56 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

How many rappers do you know that can do all that? Also, ICP are self made, going from making music in a basement to having a multi-artist record label.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 11:23 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

How many rappers do you know that can do all that? Also, ICP are self made, going from making music in a basement to having a multi-artist record label.

That doesn't make them good.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 11:24 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
That doesn't make them good.

-AC
They IMO are. wink

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 11:34 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

They IMO are. wink

Yes, but them doing what you said does not mean they are good.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 11:36 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes, but them doing what you said does not mean they are good.

-AC
IMO, it does. wink

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2007 03:03 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

IMO, it does. wink

So if Britney Spears played instruments and produced her own music, and it sounded the same as it does now, you'd say she's good?

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2007 03:15 AM
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

So if Britney Spears played instruments and produced her own music, and it sounded the same as it does now, you'd say she's good?

-AC
It won't happen.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2007 03:56 AM