KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » Heroes News Thread

Heroes News Thread
Started by: S_D_J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 9 10 [11]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Quincy
Debaser

Is this the end of Heroes?

Producer Adam Armus discusses the future of Season 4 of Heroes. Will this be the end of Heroes?Will there be a Fifth Season? What do you think?

There's just one more episode before the explosive Heroes midseason finale, "The Fifth Stage." It's already been teased that one of the characters you know and love will die, and that the actor will be leaving the series for good. We're guessing the midseason finale, which is episode 12, is going to be the episode where all the fireworks happen. And then Heroes will return in January for its last run of original episodes of the season.

"Our plans are to end this year, whether it's the last year or not, in a world-changing way," Amus said. "Whether or not we continue the next year, it will lend to future inspiration for whoever thinks about these characters, whether they exist on other platforms or whether they exist on television or whether it doesn't exist at all any more. It will lend your imagination to 'Oh, my goodness, the world has changed now, and what does that mean?'

Amus added: "We don't have to be saved from an island. We don't understand what the future fast-forward means. We don't have a central question to answer. What we have are people who have to live their lives and accept their lives and have to move on with their lives. And whether we keep telling their stories or not, as far as I'm concerned, these people will continue to live on in people's imaginations, because they are people who live with abilities, and that's both a blessing and a curse in our world. Those are stories that can continue to be told."

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Dec 1st, 2009 02:32 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

NBC Comments on Heroes' Future
Network talks about a possible Season 5.

quote:
January 10, 2010 - It's no secret that ratings for Heroes are down in a big way. The show, which had over 16 million viewers at its peak in Season 1, recently dropped below 5 million viewers for the first time.

However, it's also no secret that NBC overall has a ton of problems with its schedule – made all the more apparent as they've decided to admit defeat with The Jay Leno Show and move it out of primetime.

During NBC's executive session at the TCA (Television Critics Association) press tour today, the network's President of Primetime Entertainment, Angela Bromstad, was asked about the status of Heroes, which wraps up its fourth season on February 8th. Could it return for a Season 5?

Said Bromstad, "Heroes is a show that we obviously really love. We are sitting down with [series creator] Tim Kring in the next couple of weeks and he is pitching out his view of the next season." Bromstad said they will be, "Making our decision when we see our pilots," adding, "It's been performing very strongly in its 8:00 timeslot, so there's a very good chance it could come back."

Bromastad describing Heroes current status as "performing very strongly" is hard not to be rather stunned by, since few would describe its current situation in those terms. However, with NBC's entire lineup hurting, Heroes does not stand out as badly as it would otherwise – and does better with a young, desirable demographic than much of their lineup. Especially given the Leno situation, and the holes NBC has to fill, Heroes could end up being renewed. As Bromstad notes though, it likely will have to do with how NBC's pilots turn out and how many are ordered to series.

I'm all up for season 5 happening smile

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 05:16 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

I don't think they are ever going to bring it back actually. All the actors are older looking by now.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2011 01:32 AM
truejedi is currently offline Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Have you considered that you have too much time on your hands on a Saturday night?

Old Post Apr 17th, 2011 01:38 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

lol, its little 5 at IU. I've been drunk 5 straight nights. haha, i stayed in tonight. I don't even want to think about booze.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2011 01:53 AM
truejedi is currently offline Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

have you considered that you might have a drinking problem?

Old Post Apr 17th, 2011 02:04 AM
Zamp is currently offline Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

its lil 5. heh, its Indiana's only claim to fame. We "party harder in one week than your school does all year."

and to be honest, I first drank 3 months ago. And almost non-stop since....

Old Post Apr 17th, 2011 02:11 AM
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

I can't believe you're still able to post so coherently. When I'm drunk, I have trouble opening my laptop.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2011 10:32 AM
Slash_KMC is currently offline Click here to Send Slash_KMC a Private Message Find more posts by Slash_KMC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

well, the point was I didn't drink last night. Cause I had all week.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2011 01:33 PM
BlackZero30x
Jack

I gotta bump this to say that I just started re watching from s1e1 last week. Im now on s2e8. I forgot exactly how much I loved this show! I remember it getting weaker in 3&4 but I still really enjoyed it!

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Nov 30th, 2012 05:44 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Why watch it, you'll only be disappointed.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2012 11:22 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§ilenda
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2013 09:02 AM
§ilenda is currently offline Click here to Send §ilenda a Private Message Find more posts by §ilenda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gort

Heroes is coming back in 2015!

I've started rewatching the first season. yes

Old Post Mar 11th, 2014 03:50 PM
Gort is currently offline Click here to Send Gort a Private Message Find more posts by Gort Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Twilek Goddess

Okay, so here's a random question. I'm rewatching the original series on DVD before the release of Heroes Reborn here. I've just watched Five Years Gone again and there's a paradox there that is doing my head in.
Can someone please explain to me how, if Sylar killed Claire at home-coming and absorbed her powers so that he survives Hiro's attempt to kill him with the sword, can she still be alive for Sylar to finally kill her again, in the guise of Nathan, because he has admitted to killing Candice to get her morphing ability.... If Claire is alive, wouldn't Sylar be dead?
If Sylar is alive, shouldn't Claire be dead?
Forget the bomb. I want to know how these two events can co-exist on the same timeline?

Old Post Sep 14th, 2015 12:01 PM
Twilek Goddess is currently offline Click here to Send Twilek Goddess a Private Message Find more posts by Twilek Goddess Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Twilek Goddess
Okay, so here's a random question. I'm rewatching the original series on DVD before the release of Heroes Reborn here. I've just watched Five Years Gone again and there's a paradox there that is doing my head in.
Can someone please explain to me how, if Sylar killed Claire at home-coming and absorbed her powers so that he survives Hiro's attempt to kill him with the sword, can she still be alive for Sylar to finally kill her again, in the guise of Nathan, because he has admitted to killing Candice to get her morphing ability.... If Claire is alive, wouldn't Sylar be dead?
If Sylar is alive, shouldn't Claire be dead?
Forget the bomb. I want to know how these two events can co-exist on the same timeline?

5 Years gone took "Present" Hiro to an "In Between" timeline. It wasn't the Original one in which "Future" Hiro stabbed Sylar but he regenerated due to Claire's powers.

The reason was because "Future" Hiro had already gone to the Past and got Peter to stop Sylar "killing" Claire and getting her powers. However because "Present" Hiro jumped to the future BEFORE stabbing Sylar, this "In Between" timeline was a future where Hiro didn't stab Sylar either.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2015 03:32 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

bumping just to see if anyone notices

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 09:10 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have now noticed.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2018 04:23 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Ah, Heroes. The first primetime show I ever watched, and the first show that I ever watched beginning to end. I noticed the decline in writing as far back at season 2, but I stuck with it to the bitter end. Seasons 2 and 3 were the absolute worst. Seasons 4 and 5 were better, but basic X-Men-esque plotlines, and not comparable to the amazing story arc of season 1. I remember live chatting with friends during the finale and being pissed how it ended. Sylar was my favorite character and I hated the moral flip flopping they put him through, as I enjoyed him purely as a villain. Looking back on Heroes, it was an innovative show that along with Lost, Prison Break, and 24, helped lead to a Golden Age of primetime TV, but it was still very poorly and haphazardly written, which is why it is only a footnote in pop culture history.

I never saw Heroes Reborn, although I hear it was meh. Tim Kring's other series, Touch, looked like crap, not to mention that I was anticipating it's cancellation so that Keifer Sutherland could get back to playing the God of the Omniverse, Jack Bauer.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Mar 27th, 2019 12:00 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Heroes reborn was meh-shit at best. Sylar was the best character, agreed.

Also, McClane > Bauer, we have the thread and the facts to prove it

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 26th, 2019 11:36 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

You are the reason the show was canceled, remember

Old Post Aug 12th, 2020 05:28 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote