KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Johnny Cage

Johnny Cage
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I thought you were trying to impress me because I'm an arrogant bastard who thinks his shit doesn't stink.

Happy?

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 02:46 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Venomous Yoshi, wtf...

This thread has been derailed BADLY, thanks partly to BlaxicAn, VY, and slightly me.

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 04:01 AM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
I thought you were trying to impress me because I'm an arrogant bastard who thinks his shit doesn't stink.

All I did was make an assumption.

At least you're aren't afraid to share your faults with us. stick out tongue

Moving on...

Johnny Cage has always been one of my favorite Mortal Kombat characters.

He's always funny.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 04:14 AM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Simply sticking your nose in the air and saying "lolz I d'unt like the character so I'm not even gonna go insid3" is ignorant, especially for a RESPECT thread. Who knows, I may have found some info I didn't know about the character that wouldn't make him an assclown. I haven't, but that's not the point.

Well, regarding character respect threads, you do have a valid point, but I was just referring to threads in general, not any specific type. While I don't post in many, I myself have always visited respect threads here (both comic and game-related ones) of characters I'm familiar and not familiar with, as it's always interesting to learn more about them.

However, if I see a thread of something I don't like (especially if it's something I gave plenty of chances before and still didn't appeal to me, such as Naruto in my case for example), I tend to stay away from the thread(s) about it. Even if that makes me 'ignorant', I'd rather do that than post something controversial in the thread that could cause issues with the fans of that topic, just as you seem to have been doing in this thread. (please log in to view the image)

And Goro's an assclown too.

Hardly an accurate statement for a prince of Shokans...

Unless you're just saying "*insert MK character here* is a no-talent assclown" for the sake of trolling or if you're just one of those MK hating SF fanboys, I'd appreciate it if you'd at least say why, so that I can get a better understanding of your bias towards some of these characters, and so that we may put an end to the bickering that's gone on for the past couple pages in this thread.

Originally posted by shin_gear
Venomous Yoshi, wtf...

This thread has been derailed BADLY, thanks partly to BlaxicAn, VY, and slightly me.

I feel I'm partially to blame for this as well sad (since I was the one who kinda started this whole thing by posting the link to that VS thread of Blax_Hydralisk slandering Cage's character >.> ).

Originally posted by Venomous Yoshi
Moving on...

Johnny Cage has always been one of my favorite Mortal Kombat characters.

He's always funny.

Yeah. To me, that's one of the things that makes him more unique than Liu Kang, Kung Lao, and what not.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 06:36 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Meh. I was expecting a response on my last post, but oh well. Moving on...

Still a no-talent ass clown? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 11:07 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was School, fool. Some of us do have lives. It's not a myth.

And as for that video, I've seen much better. The MK movies as a whole fail.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 11:09 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

BH ftl.

Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 11:09 PM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I was School, fool. Some of us do have lives. It's not a myth.

Going to school doesn't necessarily mean one has a life. It's one of those mandatory things.

Likewise though, I got home from college only an hour or so ago, and have a life as well, thank you very much.

And as for that video, I've seen much better.

As have I, but I never said that video was the best or anything. erm It still disproves what you've been saying about Johnny Cage, though.

The MK movies as a whole fail.

I agree as far as the 2nd MK movie goes (Annihilation), but have to disagree when it comes to the first one. By video game movie standards, it was actually pretty great for the year it was made (1995), and got some good ratings here and there.

As for video game movies that fail as a whole, try Super Mario Brothers or Doom. wink

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 11:24 PM
The Cap'n

I see your Super Mario and Doom, and raise you Street Fighter [Guile's not French!] and House of the Dead [for that matter, anything made by Uwe Boll.]

KMC's Favorite Double-Agent.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 11:26 PM
The Cap'n is currently offline Click here to Send The Cap'n a Private Message Find more posts by The Cap'n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
2D_MASTER
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by brainchild81

MK:Annihilation Johnny gets killed off quicker than a black guy in a horror flick & the movie is a steaming pile of shit

BWHAHAHAHAHA. "...quicker than a black guy in a horror flick..." that hurt my sides.

Shut up! It's Daddy, you shithead! Where's my bourbon?

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 11:29 PM
2D_MASTER is currently offline Click here to Send 2D_MASTER a Private Message Find more posts by 2D_MASTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
As for video game movies that fail as a whole, try Super Mario Brothers or Doom. wink
Those sucked alright.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 11:46 PM
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Those sucked alright.

You forgot BloodRayne. Uwe Boll needs to be strung up by his heels and electrocuted.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2007 12:19 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Snafu you're wierd.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2007 01:35 AM
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Snafu you're wierd.

Nah. My original chain of thought was to strap him down in a chair and dump a bucket of red-hot coals on his feet.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2007 01:47 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

You're always so...mature, more than Darkstorm even.

I'd like to see you type wtf lol in that order. Do it please.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2007 01:57 AM
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Back to the topic...

Johnny Cage was one of the few Mortal Kombat characters that I liked mainly because he brings humor in almost every game he's in.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2007 02:18 AM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ozone
You need me to live.

Johnny Cage is the best.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2007 07:31 PM
Ozone is currently offline Click here to Send Ozone a Private Message Find more posts by Ozone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Indeed.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2007 08:27 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by The Cap'n
I see your Super Mario and Doom, and raise you Street Fighter [Guile's not French!] and House of the Dead [for that matter, anything made by Uwe Boll.]

Hmm. That's nice, I guess...

Those sucked alright.

Yep, and here's why Doom was one of the worst. laughing out loud

http://youtube.com/watch?v=P_6bn2H3BoA
(didn't post it in embed form since it doesn't relate to the thread topic, or in this case, Johnny Cage)

Originally posted by Snafu the Great
You forgot BloodRayne. Uwe Boll needs to be strung up by his heels and electrocuted.

Glad I never saw that one then...

----

*posts something on topic while I'm at it*
Um, Cage's death sucked in Annihilation sad (at 4:30).

His Shadow Kick should've at least been able to phase Shao Kahn a little, even though he was blocking. erm

Old Post Oct 19th, 2007 08:53 PM
Ozone
You need me to live.

Mortal Kombat Annihilation would have been much, much better if Johnny Cage was alive.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2007 05:25 AM
Ozone is currently offline Click here to Send Ozone a Private Message Find more posts by Ozone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote