KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Cops: Maddie buried in Spain

Cops: Maddie buried in Spain
Started by: Zebedee

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dexter_Morgan
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cops: Maddie buried in Spain

Yesterday it emerged Portuguese detectives are working on the bizarre theory that the McCanns hid their daughter’s body in their hire car THREE MONTHS after she was reported missing.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,...7450182,00.html

That poor family.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2007 02:41 PM
Dexter_Morgan is currently offline Click here to Send Dexter_Morgan a Private Message Find more posts by Dexter_Morgan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

i see the media is ready to try and convict another set of parents. i wish the police would keep their theories and speculations to themselves in cases such as this, until they feel they have a solid case. what if they are wrong? regardless these people will be dodging insults and death threats for the rest of their lives, guitly or not.

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post Sep 28th, 2007 02:47 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexter_Morgan
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Schecter
i see the media is ready to try and convict another set of parents. i wish the police would keep their theories and speculations to themselves in cases such as this, until they feel they have a solid case. what if they are wrong? regardless these people will be dodging insults and death threats for the rest of their lives, guitly or not.

Absolutely

Old Post Sep 28th, 2007 03:01 PM
Dexter_Morgan is currently offline Click here to Send Dexter_Morgan a Private Message Find more posts by Dexter_Morgan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Grey Fox
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why don't those cops learn? It's a shame that people like Mr & Mrs McCann have to lose a son/daughter, then get blamed for it.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2007 03:02 PM
The Grey Fox is currently offline Click here to Send The Grey Fox a Private Message Find more posts by The Grey Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by The Grey Fox
Why don't those cops learn? It's a shame that people like Mr & Mrs McCann have to lose a son/daughter, then get blamed for it.

I think the real reason why the cops blamed the parents was because they just wanted them out of Portugal.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2007 03:26 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, they did leave a toddler alone, in a foreign place while they went out to be with their friends. There's a lot that's suspect about the case, such as DNA being found in the car three weeks after Maddie went missing.

I'm not saying the parents were involved, but it is a possibility and it absolutely has to be explored.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Sep 28th, 2007 04:21 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

I do feel sympathy for the parents, but it's definitely marred by the frustration I feel towards them for leaving their children alone in the first place erm

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Sep 28th, 2007 04:24 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Syren
I do feel sympathy for the parents, but it's definitely marred by the frustration I feel towards them for leaving their children alone in the first place erm

I agree; it's also one of the reasons why I think it is highly plausible they had something to do with the child's death, be it accidental or intentional.

Regardless though, as stated above, the police should keep their investigation sealed from the public, until they have concrete proof, in regards to the parents.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 28th, 2007 05:27 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

The police have to investigate all possibilities.

The papers are to blame for sensationalising it.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2007 02:41 AM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The police should keep those possibilities to themselves or else it is just slander and prejudices the possiblity of a fair trial.

They cannot prove anything- that is the whole point. So letting stuff like that out is just shit-stirring. And it's not just the media running with theories- the police have been intentionally leaking it.

The Portuguese police are being continuously embarrassed here.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 29th, 2007 10:58 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexter_Morgan
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ushgarak
The police should keep those possibilities to themselves or else it is just slander and prejudices the possiblity of a fair trial.

They cannot prove anything- that is the whole point. So letting stuff like that out is just shit-stirring. And it's not just the media running with theories- the police have been intentionally leaking it.

Exactly.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2007 01:45 PM
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

The police have been shit, but it doesn't absolve the media of sensationalist behaviour.

I don't agree with the view that the papers are just innocently commenting on the police's idiocy.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2007 11:44 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maddy is the only child in the world, apparantly.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Sep 30th, 2007 11:56 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Maddy is the only child in the world, apparantly.

-AC

Nah, she's just the only one the media cares about. Kind of expected considering her parents keep on pushing to keep this retarded 'search' on and added that their middle-high class background it's almost expected.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2007 06:57 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pure Passioné
..::Fallen angel::..

Originally posted by Zebedee
Yesterday it emerged Portuguese detectives are working on the bizarre theory that the McCanns hid their daughter’s body in their hire car THREE MONTHS after she was reported missing.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,...7450182,00.html

That poor family.

It breaks my heart that someone so innocent was either killed or kidnapped.

But..

I feel no compassion towards the McCanns. They went on a family holiday and abandonded their children so they could have a meal with thier friends.

And it wasnt for just the one odd occassion. The police were told by neighbours that they left those children alone most nights. That they could hear little Maddie crying for her father but no one came.

Why have children just to abandon them.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2007 07:03 AM
Pure Passioné is currently offline Click here to Send Pure Passioné a Private Message Find more posts by Pure Passioné Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
The police have been shit, but it doesn't absolve the media of sensationalist behaviour.

I don't agree with the view that the papers are just innocently commenting on the police's idiocy.

No, that's not what I said they were doing. You are saying the sensationalism is the media's fault- but you cannot absolve the police for that because, as I say, they deliberately leaked such sensationalist ideas to the press.

I am also highly unconvinced by this moral attack on the McCanns for leaving their kids alone. They were about fifty feet away and being checked every hour. I reckon the majority of parents do that at least semi-regularly.

It is rampant paranoia to say that parents must attach themselves 24/7 to their kids.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 1st, 2007 07:19 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by grey fox
Nah, she's just the only one the media cares about. Kind of expected considering her parents keep on pushing to keep this retarded 'search' on and added that their middle-high class background it's almost expected.

Gezzzzzz. C'mon man dont be so heartless. Yeah you got a point...but damn.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2007 08:26 AM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexter_Morgan
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, that's not what I said they were doing. You are saying the sensationalism is the media's fault- but you cannot absolve the police for that because, as I say, they deliberately leaked such sensationalist ideas to the press.

I am also highly unconvinced by this moral attack on the McCanns for leaving their kids alone. They were about fifty feet away and being checked every hour. I reckon the majority of parents do that at least semi-regularly.

It is rampant paranoia to say that parents must attach themselves 24/7 to their kids.

I agree totally. You don't need to check kids every hour. Most parents don't. he fact the McCanns and friends were speaks volumes.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2007 11:33 AM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by Alfheim
Gezzzzzz. C'mon man don't be so heartless. Yeah you got a point...but damn.

No.

They need to accept the fact that their child is dead, well... dead or being currently used by sick people for their own perverse needs.

They also need to accept that it is largely their fault. No intelligent person (especially people such as themselves) would allow a child of 4-5 on their own. I don't care if they were 'looking back every hour or so' that's bullshit. None of this would of happened if they had the common sense to either...

A. Take the kid/s with them
B. Hire a baby-sitter.

Rarely does a predatory attack when there is a visible presence whom can identify them .

The papers mollycoddle them because they know if they don't they will anger a large amount of readers. The police want them gone and this thing over with because it reveals how truly inept they are. Everyone wants this sordid mess to be over with save for the parents who keep on pushing .

Truly Hope deserved to be in Zeus's Box

Old Post Oct 1st, 2007 12:14 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Nah, I still don't buy that criticism; yoiu can say kids need to be watched 24/7 all you like but I still call bullshit back at you on that one, nor do I think the majority of families actually do that.

BtVS

Old Post Oct 1st, 2007 12:58 PM