KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Jill Valentine

Jill Valentine
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
You better run from the Nemesis.

Yep, or else you'll be constantly tormented by his RAGE on a place over the rainbow called KMC...

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Jill is an awesome RE character though.

True that. cool

Originally posted by Snafu the Great
The stuff that Wesker injected with is a Progenitor-based serum called P30.

It is known as the ultimate performance enhancer as it increases physical abilities to unnatural levels of the user, as well as makes them very easy to control, essentially making the ultimate soldier.

Unfortunately, the effects of the chemical are extremely temporary as they are metabolized and expelled from the body so quickly, it would require frequent infections of the chemical to be of any long-term use.

Which Wesker rectifies by placing a control mechanism loaded with P30 onto Jill's chest.

Huh. Make sense to me. o3o That is good/interesting to know.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 01:54 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Wesker's original intention was to infect Jill with Uroboros as a way to snub Chris for screwing up his plans. But Wesker discovers not only a dormant strain of the T-Virus in Jill's bloodstream, but powerful antibodies that would make Uroboros less toxic.

So Wesker extracts the antibodies from Jill. As a side effect of the extraction, Jill gets light blonde hair and her skin tone is a tad paler. But she is alive.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 02:28 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

I'm glad she's alive and she was pretty badass too. "Jill! It's me! Chris!" *Kicks You in the face* Lol.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 02:51 AM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I knew about the hair part, but didn't know why she became a bit paler. I guess that explains it too. Still, I think it would've been easier for Capcom to just say she was naturally blond than to use that whole thing as a reason laughing out loud, but whatever works I guess.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 07:40 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I knew about the hair part, but didn't know why she became a bit paler. I guess that explains it too. Still, I think it would've been easier for Capcom to just say she was naturally blond than to use that whole thing as a reason laughing out loud, but whatever works I guess.

Yeah it was a bit far fetched, but hey points for creative thinking.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 04:06 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
She's a great character and very capable in battle/ tough situations, her badassery went up quite a bit in RES 5, and it was awesome as well as amusing to play as her battlesuit form in Merc's.

She's not a "great character".

Capcom's intention was always to make her the "Easy" difficulty, fact. If you look at all the canon scenarios, she doesn't play an irreplacable part in any of them. They included her in 5 for fan appeal, she could have been anybody from the past.

Young boys like her cos she's a chick.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 09:40 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
She's not a "great character".

Capcom's intention was always to make her the "Easy" difficulty, fact. If you look at all the canon scenarios, she doesn't play an irreplacable part in any of them. They included her in 5 for fan appeal, she could have been anybody from the past.

Young boys like her cos she's a chick.

-AC

You realize you posted that in her respect thread right? no expression

And I don't like her because she's a chick. I like her because she's Jill. yesh

Included in RE5 for fan appeal? Get real. Capcom knew the fans wouldn't like it if she got killed off, so they brought her back, and in a nice way I might add.
If you don't like her, that's fine, but it's not cool to say that kind of stuff about someone in their own respect thread. erm
unless it's Dark Khan's thread

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Apr 4th, 2009 at 10:31 PM

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 10:28 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

You realize you posted that in her respect thread right? no expression

And I don't like her because she's a chick. I like her because she's Jill. yesh

Included in RE5 for fan appeal? Get real. Capcom knew the fans wouldn't like it if she got killed off, so they brought her back, and in a nice way I might add.
If you don't like her, that's fine, but it's not cool to say that kind of stuff about someone in their own respect thread. erm
unless it's Dark Khan's thread

Precisely, Capcom knew the fans wouldn't like it if she got killed off so they crowbarred her back into the series in a role that any other previously involved character could have played.

Jill has never been essential to the series, she's been essential to hormone driven males.

Fact. You can look through any game in the series, she could be removed and the story wouldn't suffer.

Resident Evil: Chris's scenario is the canonical one. Jill is no more a part of it than Barry Burton, less so.

Resident Evil 3: Good game, but not plot necessary. It simply gives an alternate view of a period of time. It doesn't add anything new to the story that was necessary.

Umbrella Chronicles: Again, she's just there as a familiar face.

You like Jill, I get it. That doesn't give you or any other fan the right to go putting greater weight on her than she deserves. She's never been a major story point. She wasn't a major story point in 5, she was a side part. Chris was there ANYWAY to do a mission.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 10:52 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Included in RE5 just for fan appeal? Get real. She was a main part of the plot (or the climax of it rather), and it wouldn't of made much sense if the 'masked lady' had turned out to be anyone else. It was a nice way to bring her back too, I might add. Would you have preferred her to get killed off in some anti-climactic way before 5 instead?

*edit
I hate the 15-minute limit.

At any rate, yeah. That's pretty much an irreplaceable part right there.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Apr 4th, 2009 at 10:56 PM

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 10:54 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

*edit
I hate the 15-minute limit.

You forgot to edit in the part where you counter the facts I provided.

If they made her plot relevant in 5, it's because people kept bitching about her being plot relevant. She never was before hand, fact.

Even in 5, what did she do to add to the story? Nothing.

Chris and Wesker were gonna have a showdown sooner or later. The rumour was that it was gonna be Sherry Birkin, not Jill, which would have made WAY, WAY more plot sense.

So no, it's not an irreplaceable part. Besides, one part over how many games? Jill isn't necessary.

Sorry, she's just not. By fact. She's made no significant canonical contributions to the series alone.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 10:57 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Sherry Birkin? Her being the masked lady would've made just as much sense as her being that blond girl in distress (who turned into a tentacle head monster) that you had to kill off around the beginning of the game. no expression
I sorta see where you're coming from now, though.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Apr 4th, 2009 at 11:12 PM

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 11:06 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sherry Birkin? Her being the masked lady would've made just as much sense as her being that blond girl in distress (who turned into a tentacle head monster) that you had to kill off around the beginning of the game. no expression
I sorta see where you're coming from now, though.

No, it would have made way more sense.

Sherry was already considered enough of an interest to be taken into custody by Umbrella, she had a remaining sample of the virus in her locket AND was infected by it too.

Wesker knew this.

It would have made way more sense.

The only reason they crowbarred Jill in was for fans. Had she not dived out the window, she'd have even less reason to be in the game.

If Wesker was gonna turn anyone into a weapon, it should have been Sherry.

Using Jill was ok, it worked, but she could be replaced, and that's always been the case. Fact.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 11:11 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Okay, I suppose I agree fully now since you brought up the window part. Totally forgot about it for some reason.
She definitely wouldn't of been in RE5 had she not dived. Meh... So I guess she is one of those unessential but likeable characters after all.. Is that bad though?
Well, it is Capcom we're talking about.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Apr 4th, 2009 at 11:30 PM

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 11:27 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've no issue with people liking her for some arbitrary reason.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 11:33 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Does Jill look better with the brown or blonde hair?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 12:06 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

In what sense?

I thought she looked old in the new one, or worn down. It helped push the idea that she'd been messed with.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 12:21 AM
NemeBro

Indeed she did, she had bags under her eyes as well.

Despite that, I think she looked better. no expression

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 12:26 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Indeed she did, she had bags under her eyes as well.

Despite that, I think she looked better. no expression

Agreed, except when it comes to her RE3 version.

(please log in to view the image)

Also, I was playin' the very end of 5-3 on RE5 with someone yesterday, and something funny happened that I hadn't saw before. After running up the walls to shoot you with her machine gun like she usually does, she got on top of one of the bannisters and sat on it (with her legs crossed) before jumping back down. Man, wish I could've screencapped it.

Her theme is coincidentally my favorite track in the game too. Struck me as epic the first time I heard it, and still does.

You gotta love how fast she uses her knife in RE5 mercs/VS as well. I mean, really. It's just chop chop chop, they're dead.
In survivor mode (or team survivor), it's good to throw the grenade battle suit Jill has, and while the opponent's still burning, run up to them and slice & dice 'em.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2009 01:21 AM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I love the theme, if you want to know it's OST title it's called "sad but true" I believe

Oh and RP, you're not the only one who's seen Jill taunt you by sitting on the banister, me and my friend just stood their watching wondering what was going on, we waited quite a while then she jumped back down.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2009 08:34 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

It's official.

MvC2 is coming to the PS3 and the 360.

And that means Miss Valentine is joining the fray once again.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2009 03:30 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote