KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » New Radiohead Album

New Radiohead Album
Started by: Victor Von Doom

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
§P0oONY

I reckon what most people (who generally don't download illegally) will do is download the album at a low price, see if it's any good, which is likely due to the bands track record. Then they'll dish out real money for the CD or Boxset. (or both)

That's what I reckon I'll do... Like £1 for the download and if I like it then I'll buy The CD or Boxset.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2007 01:34 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Will probably just wait for the CD.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2007 02:22 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I would have, but without the discbox or download it won't be out 'til next year. Just seems silly to wait that long when one of your favourite bands have officially released it themselves.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2007 02:25 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nellinator
At that rate they'll make a lot more this way. Usually the artists only make around $1 per cd sold. If Radiohead has a good deal they might get $2 or £1 or something like that.

When you say if they have a good deal, do you mean now?

They aren't on a label anymore. They get all the money.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2007 03:27 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ax3l
Dream Finder

I would like to have the songs that don't come out on the download, but I don't want the Vinyl.

One little spark...

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2007 05:46 PM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's the point of it.

To give everyone something different. Pay more = Get more.

It's rumoured that the general, regular release in early 08 will have both discs.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2007 05:49 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ax3l
Dream Finder

That is indeed a pretty smart way to release your music, IMHO.

One little spark...

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2007 05:52 PM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nellinator
Crazy Canuck

Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
When you say if they have a good deal, do you mean now?

They aren't on a label anymore. They get all the money.
I meant "had". If they had a good deal with the their record company they might have got $2 or £1 on their last few records.

I remember when Metallica was getting $4 per cd and that was considered insane.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2007 06:48 PM
Nellinator is currently offline Click here to Send Nellinator a Private Message Find more posts by Nellinator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's a disgrace that bands get so little, which is precisely why it's important to buy music.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2007 07:04 PM
Ax3l
Dream Finder

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
It's a disgrace that bands get so little, which is precisely why it's important to buy music.

-AC
Which is why I'm going to buy the download for a fair price, then I'm going to buy the CD if it comes out early next year.

One little spark...

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2007 07:17 PM
Nellinator
Crazy Canuck

-AC
It's more important to go to the shows. It screws over the record companies and gives more money to the musicians. I think it's disgraceful too.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2007 08:10 PM
Nellinator is currently offline Click here to Send Nellinator a Private Message Find more posts by Nellinator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nellinator
It's more important to go to the shows. It screws over the record companies and gives more money to the musicians. I think it's disgraceful too.

It isn't AS important to go to shows as people believe, people cite it as a reason that illegal downloading is ok, which isn't true.

Bands have to pay to go on tour really.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2007 08:34 PM
Nellinator
Crazy Canuck

It isn't AS important to go to shows as people believe, people cite it as a reason that illegal downloading is ok, which isn't true.

Bands have to pay to go on tour really.

-AC
Downloading isn't illegal in Canada fyi. I'm mixed on downloading, it depends a lot of the motivations. It definitely has it's benefits.

That depends on their situation. If they have a record deal they don't necessarily have to. Tours increase sales, so often the record company will help out. This is of course talking about small bands. If you are talking about small independents then yes.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 12:04 AM
RSSR

With the download, obviously some idiots will pay nothing (Even though they can)

-AC

And why are those people idiots?

I'm personally hovering around the $5.00-$7.00 mark (haven't decided yet)...that'll **** with all those greedy record companies, although I'll probably buy the collector's edition.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 08:52 PM
RSSR is currently offline Click here to Send RSSR a Private Message Find more posts by RSSR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nellinator:

"In Canada, for example, downloading copyright music from peer-to-peer networks is legal, but uploading those files is not.".

Stupidest law of all time.

Originally posted by RSSR
And why are those people idiots?

Because I think it shows a great lack of courtesy. Obviously the band may not agree, but it's a personal view.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Last edited by Alpha Centauri on Oct 3rd, 2007 at 09:40 PM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 09:35 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

That box set does look rather nice...

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 10:28 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nellinator
Crazy Canuck

Nellinator:

"In Canada, for example, downloading copyright music from peer-to-peer networks is legal, but uploading those files is not.".

Stupidest law of all time.
I dunno, I think women walking along the highway in bikinis have to be armed with a club. That is much dumber. Or that it is illegal to ride a bicycle in a swimming pool in Saskatchewan. Those are much stupider albeit less economically harmful.

Seriously though, illegal downloading helps most poor artists. It increases their popularity to allow them to tour. It hurts people who don't need it the most. Not that I condone it, but that's the way it works around here.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2007 12:25 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

The law is dumb though, that's all I'm saying.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2007 12:31 AM
RSSR

So. Ordered the collector's edition, this will actually be the first purchase I've ever made on vinyl...
Was hoping that I could bestow that honor on other albums, but oh well...

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 10:56 PM
RSSR is currently offline Click here to Send RSSR a Private Message Find more posts by RSSR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D00m
Smackrobiotic

Got the email 15 minutes ago. Listening now. YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!

This is Hip-Hop: A Tribe Called Quest / Big Daddy Kane / De La Soul / Common Sense / Organized Konfusion / Eric B. & Rakim / Marley Marl / The Pharcyde / Public Enemy / Boogie Down Productions / EPMD / Kool G Rap / Brand Nubian / Grandmaster Flash and The Furious 5 / NWA / Main Source / KMD / Farm Fresh / Wu-Tang / Gang Starr / Cormega / Freestyle Fellowship / Pete Rock & CL Smooth / Juice Crew / KRS-One / The Roots / Ultramagnetic MC's / Jungle Brothers / Blackalicious / John Smith / MF Doom / El-P / Supastition / mcenroe / Qwel / Cannibal Ox / Madlib / Company Flow / Black Star / Mr. Lif / Brother Ali / J-Live / O.C. / Count Bass D / I Self Devine

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 05:56 AM
D00m is currently offline Click here to Send D00m a Private Message Find more posts by D00m Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote