KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Rugal Bernstein

Rugal Bernstein
Started by: shin_gear

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rugal Bernstein

Rugal Bernstein, a recurring boss in SNK's King of Fighters series

(please log in to view the image)
---

Rugal Bernstein is a recurring boss in the SNK Playmore King of Fighters fighting game series and is often considered one of the most difficult bosses in the entire series.

According to his official biography, Rugal was born on February 10, with no place specified, possibly Germany. His blood type was unknown. His hobby was "resurrection." He had no favorite food or sport (claimed he's good at everything). His fighting style was an amalgam of various arts, including Hakkyokuseiken and House of Strolheim, the styles used by Geese Howard and Wolfgang Krauser. He has adapted several moves from each character, such as Geese's Reppuken and Krauser's Kaiser Wave, though he also uses his own techniques, like the Genocide Cutter.
---

History

The details of Rugal's early life are unknown, but by the events of The King of Fighters, Rugal has become an international arms dealer, operating out of his aircraft carrier BlackNoah, accompanied by servants and his pet panther, Rodem. Not only was Rugal feared in international politics, but also in the fighting world; a vicious combatant, Rugal took his defeated foes and dipped them in liquid metal, making them into grisly statues to commemorate his battles.

Heidern, a mercenary leader, had been trying to infiltrate Rugal's operation, so Rugal kidnapped his wife and daughter, daring him to try and mount a rescue. When Heidern brought an entire company to the BlackNoah, Rugal (on his own) wiped them out to a man, and would have killed Heidern if his family had not interfered; instead, he killed them and left Heidern with one eye and grievous injuries.
---

Rugal Bernstein as Omega Rugal

---

Rugal later sensed a tremendous power in the middle of nowhere, and when he went to take it, Goenitz appeared, took out his eye with one strike, and gave him a small portion of the power of Orochi for surviving the attack. Returning to the BlackNoah, Rugal had a bionic eye implanted, and recruited two secretaries: Mature and Vice. With their help, Rugal organized a King of Fighters tournament, in order to find worthy opponents. During the invitation phase, Saisyu Kusanagi came to the BlackNoah and challenged Rugal. Although Rugal won, he did not subject him to the metal bath. When Saisyu's son, Kyo, arrived with his teammates, Rugal had Saisyu fight his own kin. However, Kyo defeated Saisyu. Unwilling to accept defeat, Rugal blew up his ship.

Rugal was believed dead, but he used the Orochi power to survive. Replacing his destroyed right forearm with cybernetics, Rugal revived Saisyu, brainwashed him, and sent out invitations the following year for another King of Fighters tournament. Rugal used an abandoned missile silo as his base in 1995, and abducted the winning team (again, Kyo's team) to fight Saisyu, and then himself. Despite using the Orochi power and becoming Omega Rugal, Kyo's determination saw him though. Again defeated, Rugal tried to use more of the Orochi power, but it consumed him. As his body disintegrated, he saw Iori Yagami, who told him that only those "of the bloodline" could control Orochi's power.
---

Rugal Bernstein as God Rugal

This version of Rugal possesses a combination of Satsui no Hadou and Orochi power.
---

God Rugal Survival Run

Fear one of the greatest bosses in KOF history.

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 05:02 PM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ladies_Man_666

Excellent job! Rugal is one of the baddest bosses ever to be created in fighting games.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 05:20 PM
Ladies_Man_666 is currently offline Click here to Send Ladies_Man_666 a Private Message Find more posts by Ladies_Man_666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yepperz.

Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 05:20 PM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ladies_Man_666

By the way, who's that guy being thrown away like a bastard in your signature?

Last edited by Ladies_Man_666 on Oct 5th, 2007 at 05:26 PM

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 05:24 PM
Ladies_Man_666 is currently offline Click here to Send Ladies_Man_666 a Private Message Find more posts by Ladies_Man_666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh, that's just Gouki.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 05:26 PM
Who else?
Who knows?

Rugal is THE MASTER!

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 05:49 PM
Who else? is currently offline Click here to Send Who else? a Private Message Find more posts by Who else? Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Slightly overrated though. XD

Old Post Oct 6th, 2007 04:30 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

A true Badass. & he gets treated way better than Geese

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 04:17 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Either one of those two would still need to defeat Shen Long to stand a chance. smokin'

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 05:06 PM
colonelgadafi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ultra Rugal is the baddest motherf*cking boss in all fighting games!

He comes only 2nd to Raoh in-terms of being a true fictional badass!

Can you say Total Annihilation, Gigantic Pressure, Destroyer Cutter or The G-End on the P-Groove? smokin'

ULTRA RUGAL WILL B!TCHSLAP THAT DOA WHORE BACK TO BANGKOK OR WHERE EVER THE F*CK SHE COMES! COZ HE F*CKING RULES WITH THE GODFIST!

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 05:53 PM
colonelgadafi is currently offline Click here to Send colonelgadafi a Private Message Find more posts by colonelgadafi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

Yeah Respect to the Boss that jobbed to a certain headband hugging newbie on his first day.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 12:07 AM
P-Geyser is currently offline Click here to Send P-Geyser a Private Message Find more posts by P-Geyser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Reading this made me realize what a f*cking psycho he is lol!

PYRON WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH STORM LULZ!

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 12:17 AM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

I tought Rugal had armor with spiky silver hair.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 12:25 AM
Sol Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Sol Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Sol Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by P-Geyser
Yeah Respect to the Boss that jobbed to a certain headband hugging newbie on his first day.
Not the place for that. This is a respect thread PG. Call him a jobber somewhere else

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 05:42 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by colonelgadafi
Ultra Rugal is the baddest motherf*cking boss in all fighting games!

He comes only 2nd to Raoh in-terms of being a true fictional badass!

Can you say Total Annihilation, Gigantic Pressure, Destroyer Cutter or The G-End on the P-Groove? smokin'

ULTRA RUGAL WILL B!TCHSLAP THAT DOA WHORE BACK TO BANGKOK OR WHERE EVER THE F*CK SHE COMES! COZ HE F*CKING RULES WITH THE GODFIST!

Originally posted by brainchild81
Not the place for that. This is a respect thread PG. Call him a jobber somewhere else
Oh no! Brainy's trying to take over the world!

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 05:46 PM
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

Originally posted by brainchild81

Just stating the truth. Did he not get beat by you know who in 94 and 95. I know this is a respect thread, and I am not trying to say anything negative about Rugal.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 09:23 PM
P-Geyser is currently offline Click here to Send P-Geyser a Private Message Find more posts by P-Geyser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Terry Bogard has more feats than Superman and Silver Surfer combined.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 09:46 PM
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

Originally posted by shin_gear
Terry Bogard has more feats than Superman and Silver Surfer combined.

laughing cmon dude this is about Rugal.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 09:52 PM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know, though I wanted to point out a fact nonetheless.

Ultra Rugal would b!tchslap everyone in DOA back to Bangkok or wherever the f*ck they came from (no, I'm not colonel stick out tongue).

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 09:58 PM
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

Originally posted by shin_gear
I know, though I wanted to point out a fact nonetheless.

Ultra Rugal would b!tchslap everyone in DOA back to Bangkok or wherever the f*ck they came from (no, I'm not colonel stick out tongue).

Though Kyo and Iori are the ones that beat up on gods. Terry just beats big strong mofo's...damn this is about Rugal. Yeah Ultra Rugal is scary.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 10:03 PM