KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Rugal Bernstein

Rugal Bernstein
Started by: shin_gear

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

How do you know the island sank to the ocean floor? confused

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Oct 15th, 2007 12:02 AM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Because the sea of Japan isn't that deep, and for Gokentou's highest peak to sink beneath the waves would take just about that much...

Anyways, there's 3 distinct possabilities,

#1: Akuma pulverised the island itself so badly that it flattened itself against the sea bed = roughly 80 to 120 megatonnes.

#2: the blow actually shiffted the sea floor surface and the island sank into a fissure in the bedrock = 100 to 140 megatonnes.

#3: The blow actually casued a massive shift in the tectonic plates causing a volcanic disruption, the island sinks into a magma flow = 150 to 240 megatonnes.

I am inclined to side with #3, as evidenced by the quaking and volcanic ativety that was present, not to mention that japans entire east coast is a huge volcanic faultline. However, I would stress that it would be the low end number (no more than 175 megatonnes).

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Oct 15th, 2007 12:22 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

...or maybe he just punched the island and crumbles that which was above the ocean. Why are we concluding he pushed it down to the sea floor, I don't know. All I find out from Ryu's Alpha 2 ending is that it crumbles apart.

Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Oct 15th, 2007 06:41 AM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

Logic dictates that it does... physics conclude it through the dispersal of force...

So now you have the truth.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2007 09:16 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

Akuma=uber overrated f@g

~Sado

Old Post Oct 15th, 2007 10:12 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

shut up, shinqueer.
Batman will beat everyone with one arm tied behind his back.

he'll batarang rugal in the crotch, impale Akuma with his spike gauntlets and defeat Shen Long with his Bat-shen-long-stand-a-chance-alator. there is no way anyone is beating him down.

~Sado

Old Post Oct 15th, 2007 10:17 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sado22
Akuma=uber overrated f@g

~Sado

Whats overrated about him now?

I just provided the proof.

Oh and gears, the volcanic activety proves that he didn't just break the islands surface.... That and Ryu was treading water.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2007 10:27 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

Akuma rules. Fu*k the haters!!! He's a boss that acts like a boss. Capcom haters would like him more if he spent more time getting beat up by his inferiors I guess. G.Rugal was on par w/S.Akuma in terms of power, but had no control.
Originally posted by shin_gear

Oh no! Brainy's trying to take over the world!
laughing Shut up mane. Just trying to keep things civil. No problem w/Rugal bashing, but there are other threads for that.
Originally posted by P-Geyser
Just stating the truth. Did he not get beat by you know who in 94 and 95. I know this is a respect thread, and I am not trying to say anything negative about Rugal.
That's the way it looked to me. Maybe you're just trying to bash Kyo again. I guess that's cool here big grin

Last edited by I-Drop on Oct 15th, 2007 at 03:03 PM

Old Post Oct 15th, 2007 02:57 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

What would make gouki cooler, if he loses in every game like geese does?

Old Post Oct 15th, 2007 03:08 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

laughing That's what they want. They'd love him then. God forbid a tough guy actually acts tough & wins sometime. Then he's overrated. If Ryu used the power of heart & outlasted him every f*cking time they fought his haters would be starting a fan club

Last edited by I-Drop on Oct 15th, 2007 at 03:50 PM

Old Post Oct 15th, 2007 03:38 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

Originally posted by brainchild81
Akuma rules. Fu*k the haters!!! He's a boss that acts like a boss. Capcom haters would like him more if he spent more time getting beat up by his inferiors I guess. G.Rugal was on par w/S.Akuma in terms of power, but had no control. laughing Shut up mane. Just trying to keep things civil. No problem w/Rugal bashing, but there are other threads for that. That's the way it looked to me. Maybe you're just trying to bash Kyo again. I guess that's cool here big grin

Bashing Kyo is ALWAYS cool.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2007 03:56 PM
P-Geyser is currently offline Click here to Send P-Geyser a Private Message Find more posts by P-Geyser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Speculation based on logic is proof in videogames? Sure thing.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2007 04:10 AM
Darkstorm Zero

Unless you provide a better explanation, then yes it is, and remember, that Island was erupting as it was sinking, so, even if the punch didn't knock it all the way down, it still would have gone to the bottom due to magma flow melting whatever was left, and that eruption was STILL caused by the punch.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2007 04:13 AM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Only you can judge what is a better explanation. You're Akuma's fan. stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 16th, 2007 04:16 AM
Darkstorm Zero

I'm an Akuma fan, yes, but I'm not blind or stupid... DUDE!

Hell, I know Akuma lost to Ryu... And he did defeat Shen Long before that happened...

Old Post Oct 16th, 2007 04:17 AM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

I thought no one defeated Sheng Long. Meh.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2007 04:18 AM
Darkstorm Zero

Sorry, Gouken, but they are the same dude, and Akuma killed him before fighting Ryu, and bitchslapping Ken.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2007 04:19 AM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lord Bernstein would destroy Id, no problem.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2007 04:58 PM
The Cap'n

Originally posted by P-Geyser
Bashing Kyo is ALWAYS cool.

Hell yeah, if the internet wrestling fans taught me anything (re: bashing John Cena), making fun of Kyo Kusanagi is A-OK.

KMC's Favorite Double-Agent.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2007 05:55 PM
The Cap'n is currently offline Click here to Send The Cap'n a Private Message Find more posts by The Cap'n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

laughing It's kinda funny 'cuz they both kinda took the spotlight from people who hogged it too damn much in the 1st place Terry(Hulk Hogan) Bogarder & Cripple H. Neither is really that bad though. Cena had the belt waaaaaay too long though

Old Post Oct 16th, 2007 07:18 PM