KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Venom Or Carnage

Who's Better
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Venom 38 58.46%
Carnage 15 23.08%
Scream 2 3.08%
Agony 0 0%
Lasher 0 0%
Toxin 9 13.85%
Phage 0 0%
Riot 0 0%
Hybrid 0 0%
She-Venom 1 1.54%
Total: 65 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Venom Or Carnage
Started by: Darkhalen

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ankur29
ankur

i like toxin, he's quiet cool but hasn't been in any comics recently

but eddie as venom is the best,is that venom you inteneded in the poll?

Gargan should go back to being scorpion

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 08:34 AM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

I have to vote for Venom, provided that you are talking about the Eddie Brock Venom and not Gargan or Fortunato

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 04:21 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

quote: (post)
Originally posted by zacura
Carnage would destroy them all. Its facts. He is just better.

Not really. Venom kicked his ass o many times I lost count.
Also, Id yet wanna see Toxin fight Venom one on one, 'cause I really doubt he'd win.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2009 12:10 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix2001

Originally posted by SamZED
Not really. Venom kicked his ass o many times I lost count.

Venom has never beaten Carnage, at least not without an optimal advantage.

Toxin's chances are better than the rest.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 04:33 PM
Phoenix2001 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix2001 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix2001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

I went ahead and voted for Venom, even though I dislike gargan. I also like Toxin, She-Venom, Earth X Venom and Scream.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2009 07:08 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Venom

he at least tries to do some good deeds sometimes unlike carnage who is bonded to a crazy lunatic.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2009 10:34 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Originally posted by Phoenix2001
Venom has never beaten Carnage, at least not without an optimal advantage.
Venom has beaten Carnage with his bare hands like 4-5 times. At some point he even got him to admit that Brock is his superior..

Old Post Aug 17th, 2009 11:23 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix2001

Venom has beaten Carnage with his bare hands like 4-5 times. At some point he even got him to admit that Brock is his superior..

Sure, Venom has beaten him with his bare hands, but not without prior circumstances that benefitted Venom the most.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2009 06:16 PM
Phoenix2001 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix2001 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix2001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Sure, Venom has beaten him with his bare hands, but not without prior circumstances that benefitted Venom the most.
What circumstances? Venom beat him twice in "trial", once in "Venom vs Carnage" in "maximum Carnage" several times (Carnage had a problem with his head but he always does and it didnt effect his strength while Brock was barely standing at thye beginning of the fight. In "triumphant" Carnage didn't even try to fight him because he was too affraid of him.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2009 07:39 PM
Mr. Toad

What circumstances? Venom beat him twice in "trial", once in "Venom vs Carnage" in "maximum Carnage" several times (Carnage had a problem with his head but he always does and it didnt effect his strength while Brock was barely standing at thye beginning of the fight. In "triumphant" Carnage didn't even try to fight him because he was too affraid of him.

thumb up

Waiting for the beginning.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2009 06:27 AM
Mr. Toad is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Toad a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Toad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolverine2006
X-man

In power level:

Toxin
Carnage
Venom

but in order of who i like the most:

Carnage
Venom
Toxin

...cant wait to see Carnage in Spectacular Spider-man btw.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2009 06:51 PM
Wolverine2006 is currently offline Click here to Send Wolverine2006 a Private Message Find more posts by Wolverine2006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

So, he's coming back?

Old Post Oct 10th, 2009 12:59 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
So, he's coming back?
i think he meant the animated series

Old Post Oct 10th, 2009 11:59 AM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by ankur29
i think he meant the animated series

I was tired. Spectacular isn't even coming out anymore embarrasment

But I heard that Carnage is going to make a comeback in Sinister Spider-Man, is that true?

Old Post Oct 10th, 2009 01:05 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolverine2006
X-man

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I was tired. Spectacular isn't even coming out anymore embarrasment

But I heard that Carnage is going to make a comeback in Sinister Spider-Man, is that true?

they haven't said that for sure yet. and if they do cancel it because of the whole sony thing...thatd be a really really reaallly dumb mistake.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2009 05:50 AM
Wolverine2006 is currently offline Click here to Send Wolverine2006 a Private Message Find more posts by Wolverine2006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix2001

Dude, in Trial, Venom had the aid of Spider-Man and Daredevil. I could hardly call that "beating Carnage with his bare hands" under his own power.

Sure, Carnage is a nut and a psychopathic killer, but he's never been psychologically effected in this way, and it is clear in the last issue that his heightened schizophrenia had definitely contributed to his lack of fight against Venom.

To try to say that Venom was "barely standing at the beginning" is a very poor argument. Yeah, he might have still been weakened from his capture, but Venom had since his escape in the 12th issue to heal, and it's pretty obvious that by the time Maximum Carnage had ended that Venom had mostly if not completely recovered from Carnage's torture.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2009 02:39 PM
Ptr_Grifin
What?

Venom ripped the original Carnage symbiote off of Cletus and ate it, after he defeated a bunch of guards.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 01:18 AM
Ptr_Grifin is currently offline Click here to Send Ptr_Grifin a Private Message Find more posts by Ptr_Grifin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix2001

Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin
Venom ripped the original Carnage symbiote off of Cletus and ate it, after he defeated a bunch of guards.

The Carnage symbiote was sort of compelled to go to Venom. Venom didn't have to do anything. After he consumed the Carnage symbiote, Venom still hadn't completely absorbed it as it seemed to be trying to escape from the Venom symbiote at the end of the issue these events took place. Why any of this happened was never actually explained nor was it explained as to how the Carnage symbiote, if it was the same symbiote, ever got to the Negative Zone later on. The writers at the time wrote poorly and neglected important details that left some of these stories hollow.

Last edited by Phoenix2001 on Oct 19th, 2009 at 05:07 PM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 05:02 PM
SamZED

Dude, in Trial, Venom had the aid of Spider-Man and Daredevil. I could hardly call that "beating Carnage with his bare hands" under his own power.

Sure, Carnage is a nut and a psychopathic killer, but he's never been psychologically effected in this way, and it is clear in the last issue that his heightened schizophrenia had definitely contributed to his lack of fight against Venom.

To try to say that Venom was "barely standing at the beginning" is a very poor argument. Yeah, he might have still been weakened from his capture, but Venom had since his escape in the 12th issue to heal, and it's pretty obvious that by the time Maximum Carnage had ended that Venom had mostly if not completely recovered from Carnage's torture.
In trial Spider-man and Daredevil werent helping him, they both were trying to STOP him. He beat Carnage twice. Without any help from Matt or Parker. Spider-man actually tried to protect Carnage but Brock punched him across the room with one hand while strangleing Carnage with the other. Daredevil had to reason with him and Brock spared his life.

You're making an assumption that he had the time to heal that's why my argument is poor? SECONDS before Carnage attacked Venom collapsed on his knees while trying to throw a punch at Spider-man. He could barely stand because of the torture, let alone fight. Yet you're saying that he was in perfect shape few seconds later thus he had an advantage over Carnage who was physically fine, but a little crazier than usually?

Why is it even a question? Carnage pretty much confirmed that Venom's his superior. And that was before the upgrade.

Last edited by SamZED on Oct 20th, 2009 at 01:35 PM

Old Post Oct 20th, 2009 01:29 PM
symbiosis
Host Organism

At the end of Max Car Venom sacrifices himself to destroy carnage! If venom knew that he was stronger than Carnage he would have just kept beating him down. Venom also agrees with Carnage that Carnage is stronger but Venom is craftier in that same issue. In Carnage unleashed Venom states the Carnage has grown even stronger than the last time they met and that it must have to with his mutated symbiote! as for venom on trial, you are 100% correct ..... however this arc was terribly written, there was no explanation why venom beat the hell out of carnage so easily. As for venom's upgrade..... this is complete BS the whole venom shiver, run, and twist were all forgotten stories that had no impact on anything to do with Marvel. It's the same crap with carnage loosing his symbiote to venom, then finding a new one only to have the origional give birth to toxin. We can't state who is stronger by comparing what happens in individual issues because every writer is going to write the characters differently. Also I would like to say that when ever Venom and Carnage fight, Venom is the good guy and Carnage is the bad guy, now I may be new at this but I've noticed that in comics especially when the title is named after the hero, ie: spider-man or Batman, THE HERO ALWAYS WINS IN THE END!

Old Post Oct 20th, 2009 06:54 PM
symbiosis is currently offline Click here to Send symbiosis a Private Message Find more posts by symbiosis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote