KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Orange Box

The Orange Box
Started by: BackFire

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Backfire, how is Ep.2?

Old Post Oct 12th, 2007 04:18 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: The Orange Box

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
Go buy this now. Holy shit.

Team Fortress 2 is a blast, Portal is stunningly unique and innovative, and all the Half Life 2 games are among the best FPS games in existence.

Anyone have this? I know queerhole does (Schecter).

love

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post Oct 12th, 2007 10:36 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by Smasandian
Backfire, how is Ep.2?

Haven't played it yet. I'm playing through them in order. Half Life 2, then Episode one, then two. Replaying through Half Life 2 is awesome, it's amazing. Despite being 3 years old it feels more complex and impressive than almost all new games I've played.

I beat portal last night. Man that game was awesome. Cracked me up a few times, the female AI that "guides" you through the game is hilarious.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2007 10:45 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

THE CAKE IS A LIE!
THE CAKE IS A LIE!
THE CAKE IS A LIE!
THE CAKE IS A LIE!
THE CAKE IS A LIE!
THE CAKE IS A LIE!
THE CAKE IS A LIE!

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post Oct 12th, 2007 10:54 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Hahahaha.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2007 11:01 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by BackFire
Haven't played it yet. I'm playing through them in order. Half Life 2, then Episode one, then two. Replaying through Half Life 2 is awesome, it's amazing. Despite being 3 years old it feels more complex and impressive than almost all new games I've played.

I beat portal last night. Man that game was awesome. Cracked me up a few times, the female AI that "guides" you through the game is hilarious.

I was thinking that but I'm probalby just going to play Ep.2 and then maybe a couple of years or so, or when I'm bored of all the games I have, I'll just have an Half Life a thon.

Tried Ep1 again and it works so I'm currently dl the game and will problaby stick to TF2 for the next week or so.

Bye bye Halo 3.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2007 12:01 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

So I tried Portal, seemed pretty cool. Didnt get very far into it but its looks interesting.

Played TF2 for about an hour and a half. Pretty damn sweet. Similar to TFC but changed a bit.

I always play sniper so I will only comment on it.

a. Seems to me that the maps lengths are changed alot. Dustbowl CP are alot closer to the opening from different waypoints. 2Fort is roughly the same but as a sniper, the bridge covering changes the whole game.

b. I do miss charging up your shots instead of going into zoom and charging automatically. It seems to fake to me that way and charging up your shots seemed to be more real because it was intuitive. I know exactly how much power I have in a shot by knowing how long I had it charged while the other hand, with the metre I had no clue unless I divert my eyes to the meter and that small millisecond could mean the difference between shooting an scout and a dying.

Overall, the style is absolutely amazing. Nothing compares to it in online shooters. Just amazing. Gameplay is Similar to the old thing and thats exactly what I want. I didnt want them to change it completely.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2007 07:20 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I went to my local gamestop to buy this earlier today. They were sold out. Apparentely they received few copies.

Damn it.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Oct 13th, 2007 09:12 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

If its for the 360, then shitty, but if for PC, just get it off Steam.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2007 09:58 PM
BackFire

The game was surprisingly hard to find. All my local gamestops were 'soldout'. Had to go to bestbuy to get it.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2007 10:19 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Really, that's strange. It's Half Life.

Anyways, started to play Ep.2. Damn cool. Much better than Ep.1

Old Post Oct 14th, 2007 01:50 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Gosh, I am quite surprised to find I have gone right off Hallf-Life. I played all the original stuff obsessively, and I even became quite a Day of Defeat addict, which is unusial as I hate deathmatch (that said, I used to bot up and play co-op with friends against AI) and I thought Sven Co-op was one of the best things ever.

But Half-Life 2 kinda stopped me in my tracks. It was alright, I enjoyed it, but I've felt not the slightest compunction to extend my HL2 gaming at all. Hmm.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 14th, 2007 10:30 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Bought Portal off Steam yesterday. It finally finished downloading this morning, and I played straight through to Test 18. Had to take a break.

The computer is great. They certainly hired a good writer.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2007 01:10 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Gosh, I am quite surprised to find I have gone right off Hallf-Life. I played all the original stuff obsessively, and I even became quite a Day of Defeat addict, which is unusial as I hate deathmatch (that said, I used to bot up and play co-op with friends against AI) and I thought Sven Co-op was one of the best things ever.

But Half-Life 2 kinda stopped me in my tracks. It was alright, I enjoyed it, but I've felt not the slightest compunction to extend my HL2 gaming at all. Hmm.

Really, I on the other hand loved both.

Episode 2 is a really good game in my opinion, but if you didnt love HL2, then well, I dont know you would like Episode 2.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2007 03:59 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

This just in: Portal's end credits song is my new most favorite song ever.

Seriously. I can't listen without cracking up.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2007 09:34 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

I need Portal help. What do you do on the "last" test where [SPOILER - highlight to read]: they were going to burn me?" I jumped off and now I dont know what to do next.

EDIT: Nevermind. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2007 10:25 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by InnerRise
Doesn't come out for Playstation 3 until November.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....
Correction. Doesn't come out for the Playstation 3 until December it seems.

Anyway, I'm addicted to Team Fortress 2.

One of my main gripes with it is concerning the Spy Class.

You can be as good as you want to be with the Spy, but it doesn't matter when people are shooting at their own team mates, to make certain it isn't a spy. And if they're wrong, there's no penalty b/c you can't damage your own team mates.

I think that should change, b/c people are shooting left and right at you off the bat just to see if you're a Spy.

It kind of takes away from the Spy class, which is my favorite and all I've been playing on pretty much.

I just started playing around with the Scout as well, which is my second favorite class.

I've played some of Half Life 2 as well, which would be my first time ever playing the game and I'm liking it. I need to get back into it.

Haven't gotten around to Portal yet.

Can't wait until we get more maps and Modes for Team Fortress 2. My favorite so far is "Capture the Flag", where the Spy really shines and comes into play.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 03:41 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

How does that take away from the spy class?

It's essential to do that because there is no way to tell if they're a spy or not and if you cant shoot them then the spy class is completely out of balance.

They would have to change the spy completely then, also, if they're is a penalty people would still shoot they're own teammates. It happened in TFC all the time, especially if a teammate is coming towards you.

As a sniper, if I see a teammate running towards me I shoot them. I dont care if I injure them because if I dont, I'll die.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 06:35 PM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Smasandian
How does that take away from the spy class?

It's essential to do that because there is no way to tell if they're a spy or not and if you cant shoot them then the spy class is completely out of balance.
No no.

I'm not saying that the spy shouldn't be able to be shot at.

That's kind of a ridiculous want.

I'm saying that teammates should be able to damage each other.

I'm hoping this would deter people from shooting at others so fast who they aren't sure are team members or spys being that they would know that they could potentially damage or kill a teammate.

Well, off to play some more Team Fortress 2 and get cheated for choosing to play as a Spy.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 07:08 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Portal is great

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 07:19 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote