KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » Top 5!

Which power would you prefer?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Space Time Manipulation 16 51.61%
Instant Healing 1 3.23%
Telekinesis 5 16.13%
Illusion Projection 2 6.45%
Mental Manipulation 2 6.45%
Instant Memory 0 0%
Intuitive Aptitude 1 3.23%
Persuasion 3 9.68%
Phasing 0 0%
Telepathy 1 3.23%
Total: 31 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Top 5!
Started by: Entity

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
S_D_J
Bane

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Entity
I'd like to change Illusions for Telepathy now! big grin

No you can't stick out tongue
you made your choice already big grin

speaking of which, I haven't:

1: FLYING: Sorry Entity, but by far it's the coolest power to have, who doesn't dream of being able to fly...free as a bird... friggin' cool
2: SPACE/TIME MANIPULATION: Being able to go back in time to undo a mistake... like a test or something... or just being able to have 25+ hours a day.
3:TELEKINESIS: Friggin' Jedi....
4:TELEPATHY: As seen in the latest episode... being able to read and put thoughts in someone's mind...Jedi Mind Trick... need I say more?
5:COPYCAT: Actually fight like a Jedi....eek!.... or Neo cool

... I sound like a big SW geek, don't I? big grin

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 03:00 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by S_D_J
No you can't stick out tongue
you made your choice already big grin

speaking of which, I haven't:

1: FLYING: Sorry Entity, but by far it's the coolest power to have, who doesn't dream of being able to fly...free as a bird... friggin' cool
2: SPACE/TIME MANIPULATION: Being able to go back in time to undo a mistake... like a test or something... or just being able to have 25+ hours a day.
3:TELEKINESIS: Friggin' Jedi....
4:TELEPATHY: As seen in the latest episode... being able to read and put thoughts in someone's mind...Jedi Mind Trick... need I say more?
5:COPYCAT: Actually fight like a Jedi....eek!.... or Neo cool

... I sound like a big SW geek, don't I? big grin
Flying sucks! Especially in comparsion to some of the incredible alternatives.

Hell Telekinesis alone could automatically give you flying and so much more!
How do you think Sylar got to Dale with out foot steps?

Thats why I chose both Telekinesis and Illusions. They both cover more than one area. With Illusions you can make your self invisible, people see their greatest dreams worst nightmare and much more. Plus aside form temporal manipulation its the numero uno power I've always wanted. Hell it covers super strenght too when you think about it.

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 03:23 AM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Telekinesis could make you float... not fly...

and sorry, but as useless as you think it is... I don't know anyone, besides you, who never dreamt or wished they were able to fly...

forget about power and how big of a Supes Hero you can be, flying will get you anywhere, anytime... I see it as the perfect leisure power you could possible have, one no-one will complain about.

...and if you could fly as fast as Nathan does... eek!

... but if you're into powerbattles, your choice/s are pretty much the best to have... though I favor Hiro's power over Telekinesis or Illusions

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 04:05 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

I could go with pretty much all that but why couldn't Telekinesis make you fly?

Its the ability to move things with your mind. So why not move your own body as far and as fast as you want? Hell I would think moving your body would be one of the most well controlled uses of telekinesis, since your able to understand your surrounding better than a foreign object.

I just don't see why you couldn't lift yourself to any level at practically any safe speed and distance.

In fact that's the only way I can understand Nathan's power, as being a form of telekinesis. I mean really is there any other explanation for how it works?

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 03:15 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

I've been thinking about that as well. When comic book says that someone has "self-propelled flight," I get real confused because I don't know how that would be accomplished w/o a low form of TK.

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 04:09 PM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

I still say persuasion..

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 05:46 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

1. Persuasion - get anyone to do anything you want. (such evil posibilities )
2. Telepathy - read people's minds.
3. Illusion Casting - make people see whatever I want them to.
4. Time/Space Manipulation - can travel back in time to witness history.
5. Telekinesis - never have to get my hands dirty.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 05:57 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by celestialdemon
1. Persuasion - get anyone to do anything you want. (such evil posibilities )
2. Telepathy - read people's minds.
3. Illusion Casting - make people see whatever I want them to.
4. Time/Space Manipulation - can travel back in time to witness history.
5. Telekinesis - never have to get my hands dirty.

for your number 2: with persuasion you can just tell them to tell you what they are thinking

3. you can tell them to see what you want haha

4. cant help you there

5. persuade someone else do get their hands dirty for you evil face

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 06:16 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Originally posted by Mairuzu
for your number 2: with persuasion you can just tell them to tell you what they are thinking

3. you can tell them to see what you want haha

4. cant help you there

5. persuade someone else do get their hands dirty for you evil face

Very true. That's why Persuasion is number 1 for me. My order is for which powers I would like to have the most. So, if I couldn't have persuasion, then I'd take telepathy, and so on.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 07:17 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

If i couldnt have persuasion, id pick flight hands down

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 07:31 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Its kinda funny, on the heroes personality quiz, i scored Eden.. which happens to have the power of persuasion which is my fav haha

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 07:52 PM
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by Entity
I could go with pretty much all that but why couldn't Telekinesis make you fly?

Its the ability to move things with your mind. So why not move your own body as far and as fast as you want? Hell I would think moving your body would be one of the most well controlled uses of telekinesis, since your able to understand your surrounding better than a foreign object.

I just don't see why you couldn't lift yourself to any level at practically any safe speed and distance.

In fact that's the only way I can understand Nathan's power, as being a form of telekinesis. I mean really is there any other explanation for how it works?

it could make you fly? probably... but I think floating it's much easier than "mov(ing) your own body as far and as fast as you want"

imagine how much concentration it would take to lift you up as high as you would want?... the brain it's powerful thing but you would be concentrating in your body, but what about your surroundings... in which (and at what) point do you stop concentrating in your body and then figure how you are to move about where you're "standing"?

add "speed" to that and well... I wouldn't be surprise if you ended up passing out... or worse, brain dead

you would move an object as much as you want (or can concentrate on it) for the amount of time you desire, but you would do so with small things that you yourself are able to lift up with your hands... now moving an object as big as yourself for an unlimited time (as you would want to do) while flying from one place to the other seems a little too much for the brain to take

while it could make fly... it would only do so for a small portion of time... and it if does, it would be really slow... thus floating would be much easier....

about Nathan... there are others explanations as to why he flies (like X-Men's Cannonball)... I just don't think you could get an explanation that is plausible enough for it

if he had wings... that'll be a different matter

Old Post Oct 25th, 2007 02:54 AM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Thats right, way too much engery pouring out of you to even fly as fast as nathan, if its even possible to move yourself with telek.

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 25th, 2007 03:38 PM
trevor9999

ok........

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 08:13 PM
trevor9999 is currently offline Click here to Send trevor9999 a Private Message Find more posts by trevor9999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
trevor9999

it is possible to fly with TK..... i think

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 08:29 PM
trevor9999 is currently offline Click here to Send trevor9999 a Private Message Find more posts by trevor9999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

I'd pick Sylar's power and just take everybody else's powers.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 06:08 PM
Blue_Hefner is currently offline Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

You have the hunger!

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 06:24 PM
REXXXX
Networking

You're just like Sylar! Dun dun DUUUUN...

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 08:13 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

laughing Is that bad thing? confused

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 08:43 PM
Blue_Hefner is currently offline Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
flyawayjane
Restricted

Account Restricted

1.Instant Memory
2. Illusion Projection
3. Telekinesis
4.Persuasion
5.Telepathy

Old Post Jan 25th, 2010 08:02 AM
flyawayjane is currently offline Click here to Send flyawayjane a Private Message Find more posts by flyawayjane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote