KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » S02E06 - The Line

S02E06 - The Line
Started by: S_D_J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Enhanced hearing is always on? I don't think so... that would suck

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 25th, 2007 10:26 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

I can't wait for this episode. I wonder who HRG shot?

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post Oct 25th, 2007 10:45 PM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by celestialdemon
True, but that was the one power that was always on. The others have to be "activated" to work. As of right now, we know that Maya doesn't have the ability to turn her power off once it starts. Would be interesting to see what would happen to Sylar with that power.

The power is not always on, it's just that Dale couldn't control it, so it seemed like it was always on. Sylar got it working right and now he has advanced hearing only when he wants it.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2007 10:49 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Yup

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 25th, 2007 10:56 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Originally posted by Tattoo
The power is not always on, it's just that Dale couldn't control it, so it seemed like it was always on. Sylar got it working right and now he has advanced hearing only when he wants it.

Okay, maybe "always on" was a bad term. What I meant is that power kicked in automatically and had to be controlled in order to turn it off. That's different from everyone else's power which is "off" until it's used.

For example, in the X-Men world, Nightcrawler has to consciously use his power to teleport. He doesn't just do it. However, Shadowcat is always intangible. She has to consciously stop herself from doing it.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2007 11:24 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Okay, maybe "always on" was a bad term. What I meant is that power kicked in automatically and had to be controlled in order to turn it off. That's different from everyone else's power which is "off" until it's used.

For example, in the X-Men world, Nightcrawler has to consciously use his power to teleport. He doesn't just do it. However, Shadowcat is always intangible. She has to consciously stop herself from doing it.

Where is your proof that advanced hearing is always on but needs to be controlled to stop it? I'm thinking it's the exact opposite, it's always off for Sylar until he needs it.

Shadowcat is always intangible? confused How can she sleep? She wouldn't able to consciously stop her power during rest.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2007 11:30 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Where is your proof that advanced hearing is always on but needs to be controlled to stop it? I'm thinking it's the exact opposite, it's always off for Sylar until he needs it.

Um, the fact that both Dale and Sylar were in pain when it first kicked in. Sylar wasn't actively trying to listen to everything around him. He was trying to shut it off. Dale had to wear earmuffs at first because it hurt her.

Shadowcat is always intangible? confused How can she sleep? She wouldn't able to consciously stop her power during rest.

Don't ask me. It's canon, though.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2007 11:43 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Um, the fact that both Dale and Sylar were in pain when it first kicked in. Sylar wasn't actively trying to listen to everything around him. He was trying to shut it off. Dale had to wear earmuffs at first because it hurt her.

Don't ask me. It's canon, though.

Dale also didn't have full control of her powers, powers can go off at first even if you later on have to consciously make them work, ala Peter with his many mimicked powers.

I just checked the Kitty Pryde wiki and they did mention that she did have the tangible state all the time...but only for a limited time. She started off as a full solid and needed to make her power kick in, for a short time her origins were changed and she needed to will herself to be solid, but nowadays she's back to how she started...as a solid being who needs to concentrate to make her powers work.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2007 11:49 PM
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Dale also didn't have full control of her powers, powers can go off at first even if you later on have to consciously make them work, ala Peter with his many mimicked powers.

That's the difference. Peter's and everyone else's power came and went depending on the situation. They still didn't have control over them, though. When Dale's power kicked in, it was on until she learned how to stop it. There's a difference.

I just checked the Kitty Pryde wiki and they did mention that she did have the tangible state all the time...but only for a limited time. She started off as a full solid and needed to make her power kick in, for a short time her origins were changed and she needed to will herself to be solid, but nowadays she's back to how she started...as a solid being who needs to concentrate to make her powers work.

Ah, so they changed it back. I didn't know that.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 12:11 AM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Basically, dale had poor control over her power, as did Sylar for a bit...

and they didn't have to work on using their power like Hiro, but they had to work on stopping it, i think thats what celest is trying to say.

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 12:52 AM
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Originally posted by Mairuzu
Basically, dale had poor control over her power, as did Sylar for a bit...

and they didn't have to work on using their power like Hiro, but they had to work on stopping it, i think thats what celest is trying to say.

thumb up Thank you.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 03:12 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

You're welcome... now die!

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 03:30 PM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Ted's power was always on, it seemed.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 11:15 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

I wouldn't say ALWAYS on, but his radiation would "leak" out of him which killed his wife...

it was just an unstable power

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 11:26 PM
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Originally posted by Mairuzu
You're welcome... now die!

I choose cake!

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 11:34 PM
S_D_J
Bane

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 02:49 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

So yeah...Mr. Bennet is a badass at all times. It's a given.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 05:05 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Interestingly enough.

For man without powers, he kicks all sorts of ass.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 05:25 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

He doesn't even need powers. If it had them, I would be less amused by how much ass he kicks.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 05:40 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Agreed... Mr Bennet is one of the, if not the, best characters of Heroes... and he doesn't even have a power...

... and now we are in Russia big grin, so Heroes is moving all over the world(well he was already there last episode, but that's besides the point)

... I still don't like West, though....

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 09:01 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote