KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » Heroes: Origins Cancelled

Heroes: Origins Cancelled
Started by: celestialdemon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Heroes: Origins Cancelled

Old Post Nov 1st, 2007 09:20 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Re: Heroes: Origins Cancelled

quote: (post)
Originally posted by celestialdemon
It's okay to cry.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr...8a3f229c7669739

I expect Heroes: Origins to return once the possible writer's strike is over.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 1st, 2007 10:02 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

I was looking forward to it, I hope it goes ahead.

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post Nov 1st, 2007 10:22 PM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

If the only reason they're canceling Origins is because of a possible writer's strike, I'm not too worried.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 12:39 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

Writers strike? Are they part of a union lol do they want a pay rise or better pensions? Why the hell are they striking?

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 03:21 AM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

How sad... it looks like if Origins gets pick up again, it will be next season

http://tv.ign.com/articles/831/831951p1.html

quote:
Recently Heroes has taken a downturn in the ratings and been widely criticized by the press (and some fans), who cite a notable dip in quality in Season 2. There is some speculation these factors also contributed to Origins current demise, though Variety's sources say that is not the case. Reports say that it's unlikely that any Origins scripts had been completed, however during IGN TV's September interview with Kevin Smith -- the first writer to sign on to the spinoff -- he said he was in the middle of writing his installment.

On his website, John August writes about Origins being scrapped, saying "I had literally just hit 'Print' on my revised outline when I got the call from [Heroes executive producer] Tim Kring. So, yeah. I'm bummed. But I get it: It was a lot of money to spend in a very uncertain time. And if the labor situation resolves in an orderly fashion, the series could find itself out of the deep freeze for next season."

August goes on to say his episode was going to be called "Rehab" and gives the story hint "Not everyone is good with their powers. Not everyone is good, period." Smith's only hint at the direction of his episode was that it had a female protagonist.

The plan had been for Heroes to air its 24 episode second season into April, taking only minimal breaks as needed for holiday weeks and such. Origins was then going to begin in mid-April and air its six episode season through the end of the May sweeps period. With Origins no longer going forward, clearly Heroes will now be forced to have more weeks off, in order for NBC to program it through the end of the TV season in May. Of course, that's only if a strike does not occur - If it does, this season of Heroes will be severely truncated, along with all other scripted TV.

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 03:54 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Here's to hoping that the strike does not occur, then. I would be severely disappointed in...just about everything that comes from the television and the theater.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 05:39 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nmensfinest
Restricted

Account Restricted

This would truly be the suckage.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 12:30 PM
nmensfinest is currently offline Click here to Send nmensfinest a Private Message Find more posts by nmensfinest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

I thought that Heroes: Origin was going to come on this past Summer.

And then whichever character was the most liked (voted on) was going to join the Heroes cast this season.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 06:37 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I think cancelling the spinoff is a wise move. although it may be for different reasons. The show is very young, why sway focus from the main story to a new facet of the hero universe? It would be interesting to have a special two hour event exploring the origins possibly. Personally i dont see any reason for 2nd season show to invest in a spinoff

Old Post Nov 4th, 2007 03:21 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well the creator of the show said on "The Post Show" that Origins is still on the table and isn't cancelled.

It's being post poned b/c of the writer's strike.

He also revealed that Episode 8 will provide us with a lot of answers.

And the guy who plays HRG stated that "ADAM" is as new as we think and that we've seen the person before.

Also he said we'll be surprised as to what the deal is with the BOY who likes Claire.

All of this was live. Live interivews and everything.

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Nov 5th, 2007 10:24 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

quote: (post)
Originally posted by InnerRise
Well the creator of the show said on "The Post Show" that Origins is still on the table and isn't cancelled.

It's being post poned b/c of the writer's strike.

He also revealed that Episode 8 will provide us with a lot of answers.

And the guy who plays HRG stated that "ADAM" is as new as we think and that we've seen the person before.

Also he said we'll be surprised as to what the deal is with the BOY who likes Claire.

All of this was live. Live interivews and everything.

I think Adam is Kensei....

and West... he's an evil SOB and I hate him evil face

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 01:56 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
endrict
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wonder what Tim thinks of this?

Sig done by me.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 08:27 PM
endrict is currently offline Click here to Send endrict a Private Message Find more posts by endrict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote